[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is physical labor (framing, electrical, plumbing) the worst gain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

is physical labor (framing, electrical, plumbing) the worst gain goblins ever? I have never seen a successful lifter whos job is to swing a hammer for 8 hours a day.
>>
>>38621662
All about calories in vs calories out. Hard part is eating enough to keep up with being on your feet 8-10 hours a day.
>>
You most likely haven't seen many because no one on their feet and working those long hours wants to drag around a useless lump of a body. I know plenty of tradies that go train for sports after work and hit the gym 2-3 times a week.
>>
File: battletoadspepe.png (34KB, 684x528px) Image search: [Google]
battletoadspepe.png
34KB, 684x528px
its true you barely gain the muscle you want from labor. you do get strength from it though
>>
>>38621662
Got decent forearm and calf gains from my physical jobs, usually have to go to the gym immediately after work though or else too comfy and sore to get up again
>>
>>38621731
wat?
>>
>>38621764
Fuck I feel this. A long, hard day and the comfort of my home is the biggest gains goblin of them all
>>
>>38621662
In my experience it's been the opposite. Most of the men I know who work doing physical labour are pretty overweight but they have absolutely massive amounts of muscle hidden under their fat
>>
>>38621837

Show muscle vs dad strength
>>
>>38621764
High reps giving no gains is a meme? Also how many fucking Cals did you need to eat?
>>
Nurse.

>Spend all day walking
>Stressing the fuck out all day
>Get home, tired and exhausted both mentally and physically
>Busy days so no time for decent lunch, come home to lift and haven't eaten anything all day = no gains.
>>
>>38621894
Forearms and calves are both comprised mainly of slow twitch muscles fibers that respond best to very high reps, hence why some anons report that they've gotten better calf gains from jogging or skipping rope than from traditional calf exercises
>>
>>38621894
>>38621947
Anecdotally I got great forearm gains on German volume training, now I do 1x50 wrist curls and 1x50 reverse wrist curls once per week
>>
>>38621894
I don't know man, I wasn't counting at the time. Wasn't losing any weight though, so maybe 300 above maintenance? A lot of my calories are meat though
>>
Its just your body adapting. If you run 10 miles a day 6 days a week training to run marathons you will become really skinny with very strong legs. Thats why athletes dont look that ripped compared to bodybuilders but are extremely strong, the body becomes very efficient since it wants to be active using as little energy as possible.
>>
>>38621662
Arnold and Columbo used to work as bricklayers before they got endorsements.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.