[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alkaline Diet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Dear fit people,

I've been doing research on alkalizing foods and here is one conclusion:

-While blood ph is always maintained, it does so by removing nutrients from other tissues in your body(bone, skin, muscle), especially if you eat more acidic foods

But there are some claims I'm having a hard time finding scientific facts on:

-That foods that are acidic at first (like lemons and other fruits) but are alkalizing because the way the body metabolizes them. I can not find a scientific reading of this process.

-And while technically there is scientific data on the ph of foods, I will see some charts stating certain foods as acidic while other charts will say the same foods will be alkaline. Even the pdf file from the FDA of the ph of foods will contradict other peoples list. Are individuals measuring them differently or what?

If anyone has insights and facts I would really like to listen. No emotions though please and thank you.
>>
Nominal food pH doesn't have much an effect on anything except dental health because macronutrients/fiber/etc. have a much higher molecular weight than direct acid/base sources. On top of this, most papers I've read seem to suggest that post-digestion pH change is only significant to urine acidity.
>>
>>38614903
>alkaline dieters claim raw sugar is good but table sugar is bad
Literal meme, diet.
>>
>>38614903
God just follow Chemistry 102 and shut the fuck up with your bro science you dumb fuck
>>
>>38614903
>removing nutrients from other tissues in your body(bone,
Cow milk has so much calcium that the blood draws from the ingested calcium and not the bone calcium to stabilise blood pH. There was a study that had the subjects drink milk with some isotopes and checked their urine for said isotopes, which concluded to what I said above.
I don't have the link but it should be in a yt video titled "milk is bad for you BUT..." from unnatural vegan, iirc.
>>
>>38615047
Emotions detected, administering cannabis injection.
>>
>>38615139
Saw the video you were talking about, twas informative, she is very factual.
>>
>>38614903
Literally the most important way our body has of regulating pH is changing our ventilation frecuency. You should do more research before falling for this pseudoscientific meme.
>>
>>38615683
So our aerobic system helps to balance our ph is what your saying?
>>
>>38614903
Could mods please delet this
>>
>>38615683
Yep, via the elimination of CO2 which in turn elevates pH (makes more alkaline the blood) because there is a balance between CO2, Carbonic acid and bicarbonate if you take away CO2 the equilibrium of the reaction shifts to the formation of more CO2. I mean H+ and HCO-3 are consumed to form carbonic acid which in turn dissociates in CO2 and water in the reaction catalysed by carbonic anhydrase. Thus you reduce the concentration of free H+ and elevate pH. It's called a buffer system.
>>
Anyone that tells you the foods you eat will change your blood pH in a significant way is an idiot.

The most significant factor for determining pH of urine is going to be water content. Anyone that tells you to monitor your urine pH is an idiot as well.

As >>38615683 said respiration is a major regulator when it comes to blood pH. The controls for this system are in your Medulla Oblongata. Fish have a similar structure that terrestrial animals inherited. We're talking over 500 million years of evolutionary tuning. It's not going to fuck up, and if it does you've got other problems to worry about.
>>
>>38616106
Nice, delicious facts.
>>
>>38616316
Do you think it is possible though that highly processed food is putting a strain on this buffering system though? I mean yes these natural systems have been around for a long time but it is now having to face incredibly refined foods that deliver a chemical reaction way to fast in comparison to whole foods.
>>
>>38614903

Food acid/base balance is a complete crock of shit that was invented to vilify animal products. A vegan understood a fraction of how the human body functions and invented blood base balance. It used to be the claim was that your blood itself would become acidic, but eventually enough vegans realized that was impossible so the narrative was altered that important "stuff" was taken from your bones and stuff to maintain your blood pH and stuff, man.

>While blood ph is always maintained, it does so by removing nutrients from other tissues in your body(bone, skin, muscle), especially if you eat more acidic foods

You can always tell that someone has no fucking idea what they're talking about when they are extremely vague about the mechanisms of the horrible thing they want to avoid. Wow, nutrients are removed from bone, skin, and muscle? So most of your body? That's not uselessly vague vegan bullshit at all.

>But there are some claims I'm having a hard time finding scientific facts on:

That's because it's a load of bullshit invented by vegans. Notice that the acidic foods that magically turn basic during digestion just so happen to all be vegan? How convenient that animal products are horribly acidic, but foods with a pH of 2 somehow aren't. Literally none of this matters.
>>
>>38616472

What are relative reaction rates?

Food digestion takes what, in the realm of six hours?

The reaction rate for Carbonic Anhydrase, the enzyme responsible for converting carbonic acid to CO2, is somewhere between 10^4 - 10^6 reactions per second. That's each individual enzyme, and we have multiple forms expressed in different tissue types with different sensitivities to fine tune things. It's one of the most efficient enzymes on the planet.

Unless you're eating straight lye or drinking acid, you're not going to overwork this system.

So no, I don't think we're putting a strain on this system. It's not perfect by any means (hyperventilation is a good example) but simple physical laws demonstrate that you can't change your blood pH in a significant way through diet unless you've got some really rare disease.

You're talking about fucking up something as low-level as breathing through diet. pH is extremely regulated in every organism. Marine organisms have it easiest because they've got virtually unlimited water to excrete ammonia into. Humans and terrestrial animals adapted to excreting urea because we don't have an unlimited water supply. Desert animals excrete/eliminate uric acid to conserve even more water.

Sub cellular components and tissue types regulate their own pH to make optimal chemical reaction sites. This is true even when we examine proteins. Protein design induces localized pH changes.

Every. Fucking. System. In. Your. Body. Regulates. pH. full-stop. Anyone that tells you pH is something you have to worry about is an idiot.
>>
>>38616316
low energy bait bro
countless doctors on youtube of all places prove your statements false
>>
File: Carbonic_anhydrase.png (78KB, 611x558px) Image search: [Google]
Carbonic_anhydrase.png
78KB, 611x558px
>>38616823

>half a billion years of evolution vs youtube doctors
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.