[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long should I be in the gym? I did my first workout today,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (32KB, 976x465px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
32KB, 976x465px
How long should I be in the gym? I did my first workout today, it was just 5x5 bench, 5x5 squats, and 5x5 pull-ups

I stretched before I got there, did quick warmups with just the bar, and I ended up doing 1-2 extra sets with as much weight as I could. I also did some curls and used the Lat pull down.

I walked into the gym at 6:03 After I left it was only 6:28.

I feel like this seems a bit short. Anyone care to inform me?
>>
>>38614853
you really need to tables to remember, whether you did presses or bench presses that in your last workout?
>>
>>38614853

That is short.

Usually you'll require rest between sets.
>>
>>38614853
12 hours is a pretty standard time.
>>
>>38614853
It's pretty short as far as routines go. Why don't you look into StrongLifts 5x5. It's very similar to what you're doing a more effective. Add Push-Ups/Dips and Chin-Ups/Pull-Ups to supplement it.
>>
>>38614898
Ty m8.
>>
>>38614898
Np m8
>>
>>38614909
Err, I meant that for this comment....

y-you too....
>>
>>38614853
25 minutes for 16 sets is a little fast. Not to worry though, once you start adding weight to the bar you'll probably end up needing 2-3 minutes rest per set.

Are those numbers in parentheses actual working weight sets?
>>
That's pretty short, but since you're a beginner you probably don't have to rest a ton between sets and don't have a long warm up.

A lot of people who start with ss/sl have 40 minute warmups in the beginning
>>
when i was doing ss/sl the first workout took 30 mins and the last one took 2 hours
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.