[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DOMS or worse?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: cr.jpg (8KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
cr.jpg
8KB, 276x183px
I did my first weight lifting session in years two days ago. Yesterday my body was really sore and today it is less sore. But when I try to lift the weights today, my muscles ache way too much and I can barely get the bar of my chest. I was planning to do sets every two days, but 48 hours after my first set my muscles are just too sore to perform.

What worries me is I read that it is not a problem to do your workout while suffering DOMS, but nobody mentions it being this painful. So am I just a pussy who should power through the pain (I really don't know if I can handle it) or am I likely to have actually injured my muscles seriously if it hurts this much?
>>
File: moore.png (602KB, 963x720px) Image search: [Google]
moore.png
602KB, 963x720px
>>
Listen to your body. Go every 2 days only when you are ready.
>>
>>38610924

Ease into it. It's just your body getting used to it again, wait till you are only a bit sore and stiff and then continue.
>>
First is always the worst. Keep trying. After my third workout with proper diet I stopped getting bad DOMS. Minor soreness made me look forward to lifting again because lifting alleviated the soreness.
>>
>>38610924
>am I likely to have actually injured my muscles seriously if it hurts this much?
No. There is no way to injure every muscle all over your body in one workout, that's just DOMS.

Go to the gym as soon as you feel that the pain is tolerable. If it hurts super bad you should probably take another day or two of rest, but don't get caught in the trap of trying to wait until you are "fully recovered". That's not necessary for DOMS. It's not necessary to wait at all but there really isn't any harm in resting for two days either.
>>
>>38610924
follow a program that starts empty bar. and man the fuck up
>>
>>38610924
LOL work through it by the end of the 1st or 2nd week if you stick at it doms will be gone. I don't get them now unless I take a week off
>>
>>38610924
LEARN TO ENJOY DOMS
NOW LETS GET BIG, 5 SCOOPS CMON GODDAMIT

r-r-r-right babe?
>>
>>38610924
Do some stuff with an empty bar, massage your muscles to return some mobility
When I seriously worked my arms for the first time they hurt like hell for three days, I couldn't even extend my left arm without rubbing my upper arm first
>>
I did legs on sunday. Never really done them before because my knees have been weak. Did Squats, diddly, leg press, leg curls and leg extensions. I could barely walk Monday/Tuesday and can still feel some pain today. Had to essentially walk without bending my knees or I would nearly collapse.
>>
>>38610924
Just take your time and ease into it. I've had doms that hurt worse than a pulled muscle. I've also injured myself because I thought a strain was just normal soreness.

Try some stretching and if that helps it's probably just doms, but really there's no reason other than ego not to start light and let yourself adjust. That will also let you focus on form and avoid forming bad habits with your lifts.
>>
>>38610924
when I started I could barely move the first 2 days and was sore for a week.
training eod right from the very beginning is the biggest gainsgoblin ever
>>
Have been working out for years but basically get doms after each workout (3 times a week).. Am I going to die now?
>>
I have just started to do proper lifting ( ex fatty 295Lb down to 224Lb 5'10 ). I have been to gym on and off past year just learning form and technique but clearly i never pushed myself as the pain this fast 2 weeks since doing 1on1 with a trainer is like nothing before. He is an ex pro bodybuilder and a great guy, he owns the gym and wanted to help me.... last wed was first proper leg day and its taken a week to get back to zero aches/pain.
He is doing me a 3 day workout to start, monday chest,delts,triceps... wed leg day! and friday other upper body... im still new to all this so dont pick at me :p

The pain seems to happen on the second morning and is normal and will die down to a lesser extent after a few weeks i am told.

I am really enjoying it and pain is just pain, the funny part is having your legs buckle under you occasionally!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.