[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boxers Fitness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1826361.main_image.jpg (58KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
1826361.main_image.jpg
58KB, 620x620px
How does one get those cannonball delts, pic related. Also generally what does a Amateur/Pro Boxer do in the gym? In terms of cardio and strength and conditioning routines.
>>
>>38609872
Amateurs - run, skip, shadowbox, bagwork, technique drills, sparring and bodyweight routines until you want to die x infinity.

Pros - Same thing but usually with a mix of low rep/high rep compound movements, tapering before fights. Less of the technical drills because you're not so much trying to learn new skills are you making sure everything is an automatic reaction. Opponent specific drills if you know anything about them. Can't even remember half the weird shit I did to get stronger/faster/fitter when I was pro boxing, it all blurs together.

As for the traps, shrugs, weighted punch out drills and doing extended guard work burned the fuck out of mine.
>>
>>38609872
Box?
>>
>>38609872
Delts* sorry

A shit ton of dips/pushups too
>>
>>38609963
I did kickboxing for 18 months

I only got skinny, it doesn't give you gains
>>
> pic related

be a heavyweight boxing during the 90s when steroid use was really starting to come into the sport

lennox wasnt anywhere near that jacked during his early pro years.

Strength training yes, but anyone who actually knows what they're talking about will tell you its almost impossible to add 20lbs of muscle to an adult, elite athlete without the use of drugs, assuming they arent doing something that is hampering what would otherwise be normal development.
>>
>>38609959
>Can't even remember
>it all blurs together

boxing101
>>
literally roids

how the fuck do you think tyson and lennox look like that while having good cardio
>>
>>38609959
>when i was pro boxing.
Gona need some proof there faggot
>>
>>38609872
http://www.sportsci.org/news/news9709/hatfield.html

this is the training routine for Evander Holyfield from back in the day. Note the insane volume, and also that "Weight Training - Initially (during mesocycle one), Evander followed a modified bodybuilding and basic strengthening program using a "variable split" format. A, B and C specify whether the workout is to be a very easy one (A), a moderately difficult one (B), or a high intensity one (C). This part of Evander's program was monitored by Lee Haney, multiple "Mr. Olympia" bodybuilding champion, and a former student of mine."
>>
>>38611597
fighting sports are gains goblins, you have to pick one or the other
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.