[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wrist pain during EZ-curl?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (44KB, 864x667px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 864x667px
I get unbearable wrist pain when doing bicep curls with EZ-bar and straight bar. How do I mitigate this? Has anyone found a solution?
>>
Wrist wraps?
>>
Hi, same thing here. I broke my right wrist a few years ago. For the first 3-4 months of lifting, anything with a bar caused pain.

I bought a pair of these & they work wonders
https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-Protector-Weightlifting-Powerlifting-Bodybuilding/dp/B00RBH3UKW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1473182979&sr=8-5&keywords=wrist+wraps

It's been 2 years and I still don't curl or do triceps with a straight bar, however
>>
>>38605400
Film yourself and make sure you aren't using one arm more than the other, when I get fatigued I'll start to use my right arm more which puts my left arm in a weird position and causes wrist pain. Also focus on keeping your chest up and your elbows pinned to your sides. Might need a deload as well.
>>
>>38605400
Have you tried not being a faggot doing ez bar curls? It'd mitigate your father's disappointment in you.
>>
>>38605418
So it's possible it might just be too much weight? My wrists are in good position, and I don't feel as though one arm is being used more than the other.

>>38605414
Thanks, I can try this. And why did you stop using the straight bar, might I ask?

>>38605435
Thanks that really helps :)
>>
>>38605466

after a few months, the wrist pain from benching went away. same with ez-curl movements. However the straight bar still hurts, because I have to rotate my broken wrist too much to grip the bar properly, if that makes sense. Puts lots of strain on it
>>
>>38605400
try using a straight bar and see if that feels better

for most people it's the opposite, but my wrists also hurt from ez curl bars
>>
>>38605519
I originally started using the straight bar, but I switched over to EZ curls after my wrists started hurting. The EZ curls were alright for a while, but they too started to cause pain in my wrists.

>>38605481
Surprisingly enough, I don't get pain when benching. Only when doing barbell bicep curls.
>>
>>38605466
>So it's possible it might just be too much weight?

NAILED IT.

YOUR BONES AND TSSUES AREN'T READY FOR THE WEIHGHT, EVEN THOUGH YOU CAN MOVE IT,

THAT IS WHY WE TELL BEGINNERS TO BE CONSISTENT INSTEAD OF GOING HEAVY. YOU NEED THE EXPOSURE TO THE WEGHT TO BUILD UP THE BONE AND SO FORTH. THIS TAKES TIME.

GRIP TRAINING WILL INCREASE FOREARM DENSITY. I RECOMMEND YOU INCORPORATE THAT INTO YOUR ROUTINE. YOU MAY EVEN NEED TO TAKE TWO WEEKS OFF TO LET YOUR BONES RECOVER.
>>
>>38605400
I have this too!

Curling is fine but putting the weight back down hurts a lot. I do them seated.

No curls for a while now.
>>
Hey, is it the ulnar side?

I have that issue, and its due to a ligament injury in the ulnar side of my wrist. I've been stretching it twice a day by holding my arm straight out, palm up, and bending my wrist back as far as I can. I'm able to slowly add weight to the bar, now.
>>
>>38605400
I found using dumbells to curl instead of an EZ-curl bar hurts less.
>>
>>38606366
It is the ulnar side I think! Right near the bone that sticks out where the hand meets the wrist.

>>38606701
That seems like a good solution. Are DB curls as effective as BB curls though?
>>
>>38607361
Yeah, near the pinkie. I have a brace for it, also. Helps with the pain for some exercises
also, yes
>>
>>38605400
i had the same pain. you feel it less if you release the bar slowly.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.