[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I squat light weight on my off days to work on form? Was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (29KB, 360x409px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 360x409px
Can I squat light weight on my off days to work on form?

Was only gonna do it at 50%
>>
>>38604316
Deload.
>>
>>38604316
whats wrong with his legs?
>>
>>38604467
Man I just fucking deloaded

Might just do more warmup sets and practice my form then
>>
A lot of people autoregulate themselves, squat or bench daily, do back off sets or something. Theres a lot to fitness.

If you wanna do light weight squats go ahead but keep in mind doing high reps with even 50% load is more fatigueing than 75% slow singles.

Hypertrophy work is very anaerobic and taxing. So if you do choose to use 50% make sure you dont do too many reps.
>>
you can, but I'm not a huge fan of it. perfect form with light weights doesn't really mean much when the weights get heavy. a lot of the problems that mess up your form with heavy weights simply aren't present with light weights, and you can get away with so many form problems with light weights.

so good form can only truly be learned with weights that are relatively heavy.
>>
>>38604600
I loose tightness in my hamstrings towards the bottom and my ass drops down and my knees shoot forward.

Do you have any tips?
>>
you can do whatever you want.
>>
>>38604638

Stretch hamstrings and hip flexors, also work on core. Your stabilizing muscles are most likely too weak to compensate.
I'd also suggest squeezing your glutes during your squat.
>>
>>38604638
I would focus on sitting back and shoving your knees out, but hard to say without a video
>>
>>38604316
Yes. Why don't you squat twice a week? Do one day lighter say 5x8 or even volume 10x10 then the next squat session do strength.

Personally I do an upper/lower split and each day focus a compound lift following 531. The rest then are accessory and 5x8. So deadlift one lower focus. Squat the next, squat lighter on deadlift day, rdl on squat day.
>>
>>38604686
holy shit. this advice is so terrible. it seems some of you guys think every form problem ever is caused by lack of mobility and core strength. no matter what people ask there's a faggot showing up telling him to stretch something and work on his core. it never fails
>>
>>38604524
I think you already know the answer to that question, anon.
>>
>>38604701
Yeah I take it with a grain of salt here.

This is what Rip has to say about it:

>
You're relaxing to get the depth, and justifying the relaxation by telling yourself that depth is okay, somewhere deep in your reptile mind. Relaxation is for a vacation, not a squat workout. Tighten the fuck up, cut the depth off, and start thinking in terms of 405 instead of 245

>>38604688
Sorry I don't have any form videos
>tfw no thick gym bro to train with
>>
File: 1469827481246.jpg (55KB, 641x481px) Image search: [Google]
1469827481246.jpg
55KB, 641x481px
>>38604316
there's going to be pretty much no carryover to your form at heavy weights from working at that low a percentage

if you want to improve your form in a meaningful way, do a lot of working sets in the 70-85% percent range that each stay well short of failure (like Sheiko templates)

unless you're a rank beginner and your form is completely fucked up, in which case light practice may benefit you
>>
>>38604524
He did SS
>>
Why is Rip Le Toe such a DYEL?
>>
>>38604656
Can i be a faggot over a meme on 4chins?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.