[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knee pain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1464145079376.jpg (283KB, 1038x1449px) Image search: [Google]
1464145079376.jpg
283KB, 1038x1449px
Hello fellow /fit/izens

As the faggot I am I've lately been troubled by knee pain, but I don't want to skip leg day

What's some good leg exercises that's easy on the knees?
>>
>>38602213
Fixing your knee pain.
Foam rolling, stretching and properly warming up.
If you really have serious problems with your knees then box squats.
>>
>>38602244
All of this. I would add making sure you are using proper form on lifts and try a knee wrap.
>>
>>38602252

Sleeves will work better than wraps.
>>
>>38602263
he is right, I meant sleeves not wraps.
>>
Some will laugh, but I have a dicky knee also and can't squat or leg press heavy. I found doing interval training on an exercise bike, on the highest setting (eg. 5x20 reps with a minute rest cycling on the lowest setting) then doing medium sets of leg press straight after to work for me.

You don't need to be a fat bastard squatting 200kg to succeed in life.
>>
>>38602244
Are box squats easier on the knees?

I'm not doubting you, I just have no clue
>>
>>38602429

Yes, for two main reasons. One is the lack of rebound out of the bottom (similar to a pause squat) which is where a lot of stress can be placed on the knees. The other is that box squat form tends to be slightly different to regular form - more sitting back/pushing the hips back than normal, which means a more vertical shin angle and less forward knee travel, which reduces stress on the knee joint (and unfortunately reduces quad usage slightly, but that's the price you pay). The also tend to use a bit less weight which can help.
>>
>>38602213
leg lifts where your raise your leg up. Just look at knee rehab. That's all you should do and stretch. I recommend no brace. What is your flexbility?
>>
>>38602213
BOX SQUATS
>>
>>38602213
http://www.knee-pain-explained.com/knee-stretches.html

and work on your ankle mobility, http://breakingmuscle.com/mobility-recovery/a-weak-foundation-how-to-screen-your-ankles-improve-performance-and-decrease-injur
>>
File: 1471963536942.gif (47KB, 306x469px) Image search: [Google]
1471963536942.gif
47KB, 306x469px
Box squats it is then

Thanks for the tips
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.