[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

theoretically if you never worked out a day in your life and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 051368c.jpg (337KB, 640x920px) Image search: [Google]
051368c.jpg
337KB, 640x920px
theoretically if you never worked out a day in your life and have literally 0 upper body strength but start a steady diet and work out until your arms give out every day how long until you would see any results at all

I'm asking....for a friend
>>
I'll be your friend....with benefits
>>
>>38600267
Your post is bad, we don't know what you're doing, how and why. I assume you're bad at working out as well, so I don't think you'll see any result
>>
Well CT Fletcher did it so I guess you can too kek.
>>
It depends on the training protocol as well as some specifics on the diet.

If you train to failure on standard pushups, you're only really going to see results in the number of pushups you're doing. You may be able to flex more due to increased motor control of the muscles, but you're not going to see much size or strength gains (strength gains being the amount of force your muscles can exert at a given moment). This is because you're not increasing the amount of resistance that you're exerting that force upon, you're just increasing the amount of work you can do.

Your muscles grow because exercise causes damage to the muscles and the body repairs that damage in accordance to how they were damaged. If they were damaged by exerting a relatively small amount of force over a long period of time (i.e. countless pushups) then the body responds by repairing the muscle in a way that allows it to continue to work in such a manner.

If you damaged them through training to failure by exerting a large amount of force over a shorter length of time (e.g. low rep, high weight lifting), your body responds to the damage by growing the muscle fibers that produce the high amount of force in the first place, and by increasing the "muscle fuel" storage to be able to maintain that kind of work (since exerting that much force uses more of that fuel source quickly than exerting low force over long times).

This is a very dumbed down version of what goes on, but hopefully it's easy to understand.

As for diet, if you eat enough calories, you will gain weight. If your training protocol is more focused on muscle growth, and you consume ample amounts of protein, a good amount of that weight gained will be muscle.
>>
You will see strength gains within the first few sessions as your CNS begins to adapt to actually being used, and this change will be quite explosive until it evens out after a couple of months of weight-lifting.
This is what is commonly referred to as noob gains. After this you will have the routine in and will steadily grow stronger, but at a slower pace.

Visually you'll probably notice some small changes visually after 3 months or so.
>>
>>38602008
It doesn't take 3 months to visually notice a difference visually
>>
>>38602419
That's about the time it took me. If you have any helpful input, anecdotal or scientific, you can contribute too.
>>
>>38600267

Less than two days if 'any result at all' is literally all you're going for. Why don't you have your friend read the fucking sticky so he knows what goal to shoot for and how to do it?
>>
Probably the best thing for you to do right now is to read the fucking sticky.
>>
>>38600538
>>38600554

oh yea sorry about that. Overhead Presses, benching, pushups, pull-ups, dips

diet is somewhat high in calories (wanna gain some weight) and high in protein

working out with armybros, so my form isn't bad, I'm not hurting myself
>>
>>38602816
Your "program" has 4 push motions and 1 pull motion. You're in for some shit posture and eventually joint problems if you're not going to fix that.
>>
>>38602816
You forgot the deadlifts and squats, twink faggot
>>
File: fotoshop.png (82KB, 480x360px)
fotoshop.png
82KB, 480x360px
>>38602816
>>38603351

yeah, I agree, too few pull motion
Here's a protip: turn the dips station upside down to make it a pull motion
Do normal dips 3xF and then upside down pull dips 3xF

pic related.
>>
>>38604959
>Not doing 90 degee dragon dips on the wall
>>
>>38600267
>every single day until failure

You'll tire out quickly

it's also an unrealistic plan. You've probably motivated yourself to think about starting, but trust me when I say, you haven't motivated yourself to keep going. That takes discipline.

This burst of motivation approach to starting fitness is just a bubble that bursts after your first few weeks.

Take it one step at a time, slowly incorporate more exercises and better diet. Make it a habit. Don't kill yourself in the gym for two hours every day, or you'll start to resent it.
>>
>>38602444
He just provided anecdotal input. His post was about as useful as yours.
>>
>>38602816
Here, let me fix that for you.
Superset your exercises for efficiency's sake:

Overhead Press
Pull-ups

Bench press
Cable seated Row

Pushups
Facepulls

Finish up with Farmer's walks for dat grip strength. I don't like dips.
>>
Is this a routine thread? Could you guys check mine pls?

Day A (Push)
Squats 3x5
Bench press 3x5
Ohp 3x5
Dips 4xFailure

Day B (Pull)
Pull up 4xfailure
Seated Rows 4x8-12
Dumbell curls 4x8-12
Deadlift 2x5
Gay ass ab excercises 5 mins

ABxABxx

Anything I should change/add? I'm thinking its redundant to do rows right after pull ups, but not sure.
>>
>>38605729
Q: How long to get fit?

>A1: It took me roughly three months to notice a difference visually, a couple of sessions to notice anything strength-wise.

>A2: It didn't take me three months.

Which answer is the most helpful? Objectively speaking.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.