[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sumo squats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: sumo squat.jpg (127KB, 738x415px) Image search: [Google]
sumo squat.jpg
127KB, 738x415px
Can you remind me please why not everybody is doing sumo squats yet?

I've switched to these and they work my legs in a most satisfying way + my knees seem to be stressed less as well.
>>
wtf is he doing
>>
>>38589783

a zercher squat
>>
>>38589757
thats a zercher squat, and once youre lifting real weight your arms arent going to be able to take it
>>
>>38589783
indian squat
btw not healthy liftin 250 kg like that
>>
>>38589790
I always called them front squats but hey. Anyways the actual answer is that some people do, but the many that don't either don't squat at all or they do squat and do other shit for their leg day. The only practical way to impliment them into your routine is if you're doing something like full body, otherwise most people would rather just do regular squats and other moves for their leg day.
>>
>>38589790
>>38589796
Front squat for those who can't into hip mobility?
>>
>>38589799
Zerchers are not front squats.
>>
Correct Thread Title;
Daily Reminder that /Fit/ knows nothing about fitness
>>
>>38589807
>>38589799
zerchers work the core more, fronts work the quads more
>>
>2016
>not doing sumo, narrow, highbar, and hack squats

its like you don't even want juicy legs
>>
>>38589790
maybe I posted the wrong picture but it was one of the few with reasonable barbell use(weight center above feet), most pictures were with dumbbells.

>>38589796
>>38589798
who cares about over9000 kg if they work the legs in a superior way desu?
I can't ignore how much better my knees feel with these.

>>38589799
No, they're not. In sumo squat your foot stance is really wide which enables you to put your ass to the grass really nicely.
>>
>>38589865

i wouldn't call it sumo squats, you basicly tap the rack with your feet doing those. just think of your stance as 'wide(r) stance squats'. there is no real name for it. Some squat narrow, some squat wide. do whatever you need to hit depth with tolerable form.
>>
Daily reminder that squats and deadlifts are a long-range race towards torn muscles and hip replacement at the age of 50.
>>
>>38589848

paused highbar and ssb is what make my legs feel doodoo
>>
>>38589895
>Some squat narrow, some squat wide. do whatever you need to hit depth with tolerable form.
I thought that squats are by definition around should width stance.
I'll keep squatting wide though, I don't want my knees dying.
>>
>>38589952

look at olympic lifters squatting and look at powerlifters squatting. Both are a correct squat, though they can differ alot in form. As for your width, keep doing what works best for you.
>>
>>38590175
ok thanks, will do
>>
>>38589897
Joke's on you I'll be dead by 40
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.