[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of Intermittent Fasting? Does it work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: fastingpic.jpg (18KB, 415x307px) Image search: [Google]
fastingpic.jpg
18KB, 415x307px
What do you guys think of Intermittent Fasting? Does it work or it's just one of those women magazine fad diets?
>>
>>38588683
Greg o ghallager, kinobody. All i gotta say
>>
Ive been doing it for 3 months and its going pretty good.

I dont become hungry till 5 but I usually start eating a bit earlier then that.
>>
>>38588683
Both. I use it during extremely busy weeks at work/school. Wake up, strong black coffee, BCAA shake during commute, work, go home, another coffee, eat a sandwich, workout, back home, eat like a pig, play with dog, couple shots of Tanqueray, sleep like a sloth, repeat.
It is mostly a time management tool, not a cutting tool. I need it at most 1 month per year, if heavy work and exams coincide.
By the way, if you are on here, you are not busy enough.
>>38588821
Steroids and steroids, in that order.
>>
File: 4L_wDRCSB6q.jpg (72KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
4L_wDRCSB6q.jpg
72KB, 600x600px
I went from dirty bulking with IHOP at 11pm every night to getting so frustrated with my fat that I tried intermittent fasting. Here's what you need to know about it.

Assuming you wake up at 630-830am:

your first meal should be around 12-1. There's no reason to push it till 5pm. if you do, you will have little energy for the gym at 5-6 pm.

Do it for a 4-6 weeks. I went from about 22 body fat to 13.

If you get hungry after your first meal at noon, drink a protein shake. 40-50 grams. preferably whey isolate. fast absorbing minimal bloat.

don't have those stupid fucking cheese quesadillas kinobody eats at midnight. eat rice cakes or oatmeal. Kinobody took roids to get to his peak physique. but he still is within natural reach. he used roids as a shortcut.

He's selling shit, you bet your ass he took roids.

you can't build muscle while fasting if you're not on roids. fasting is extreme fat cutting technique. so keep it a month and a half tops, then go
back to having a small breakfast high in protein for a bulk. but it's a lean bulk.
>>
> work in hospital
> colleagues are 90% female and overweight......these are medical professionals who should have a better than average understanding of nutrition.
> one girl loses a stone and a half through singe kind of intermittent fasting diet she got out of a celebrity gossip magazine
> shares her wisdom with fatty colleagues
> they all start this diet at the same time so that they can offer each other moral support
> LOW BLOOD SUGAR INDUCED MOOD SWINGS EVERYWHERE
> FAT BITCHES HIDING IN TOILETS TO EAT A SNICKERS BEFORE FACING BITTER RECRIMINATIONS FROM "SUPPORTIVE" COLLEAGUES
> DIET INDUCED MOOD SWINGS INTERMITTENTLY SUPERCHARGED BY MENSTRUATION
> long story short, they all quit, ended up fatter and two of them got dumped by their partners.

But they bring cakes into work which is good when I'm bulkan
>>
It is good at curbing appetite for me and most people in general. That's the only thing I noticed from it... Maybe some small improvements in concentration
>>
>>38589535
>>38589806
>>38589867

Thx guys. I won't try it out because of 2 things: it would really mess up my normal routine and its really easy for me to get hypoglycemia.

I think IF really works but its not really for me, i've lost 25 pounds just eating right and exercising and i will continue like this. Thx
>>
File: FuckoffGregg.jpg (138KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FuckoffGregg.jpg
138KB, 1920x1080px
>>38588683

I like IF, mainly because it saves me time in the morning and it makes me gain less fat while bulkan. Also it's essential to do IF if you ever want to enter Canadian trustfund baby mode.
>>
it seems like a lot of the IF world has a huge boner for skipping breakfast, which actually worked really well for me at one point. I wake up around 5-7 these days and I usually start work around 12-1 and go until about 830. if I just eat my macros throughout the time I have before work and wait until the next morning, would that still have the same effect?
>>
>>38588683
IF people are cancerous in fitness industry
>>
>>38589806
>drink a protein shake. 40-50 grams
I've never fussed with scoops before, how many calories does this come out to be, I would think roughly 200?
>>
>>38590253
Yah it should only be used if it's convenient and you don't have any blood sugar related conditions.
>>
>>38588683
Can't talk now, at the gym
>>
>>38590469
Sure but you will probably get hungry by the time you go to bed and falling asleep while hungry is a bitch
>>
>>38590543
Depends on the brand senpai
>>
So sticky says what I'm asking is retarded BUT, dr told me "really if it weren't for your youth you would already have diabetes and be on blood pressure medication"
So having said that givin my situation wouldn't it be okay to just not eat for a week or so? My tdee is stupid high at ~3200 I figured not eating for a bit will help get me shit on the right track, btw I'm working out too w/emphasis on cardio
>>
>>38590597
Massive projection. Type 2 has to do with diet and being a fatty. At least admit to being a fatty when you are. There is nothing wrong with indulgence here and there but your doctor wants to pad his pockets with more patients.
>>
>>38591774
I understand fully my man that's why I stated my tdee is stupid high + my "pre -pre" blood results, I'm obese level 2 and going to work on it I'm not trying to fuck around anymore. From my understanding if someone starved themselves compared to over all weight they would lose About 20% is muscle; and given the state I'm in thats not a big deal bc I am not healthy right now at all so it's not a big deal I don't think. It should help me get my insulin response and glucose and everything in better shape. So Ive decided I'm going to do a 7 day water only fast to get all the excess sugar and salt out of me and then get into a strict diet combined with intermittent fasting ( from 11am to 5pm window @ 2000 calories total which would be over -1000) after a month I should be more normal blood results and then I'll do a -750 diet cut. During that time I'm going to continue working out with emphasis on cardio and begin a starting strength routine.
Thanks for telling it how it is and yeah I'm not about to take any pills or bs I'm going to work to make sure I get healthy and far away from any of that self induced disease bs
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.