[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been lifting for about 2 months now. How long should I stick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (246KB, 1800x1198px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
246KB, 1800x1198px
Been lifting for about 2 months now.

How long should I stick with SS? What should I move on after SS?
>>
>>38575268

Do a body part split or push pull
>>
After 6 month or so switch to PPL or an AB split
>>
>>38575268

You stop when SS stops working for your goals. That's usually after a two or three months but it'll vary.
>>
test
>>
>>38575301
>You stop when SS stops working for your goals

That's kinda vague
>>
>>38575379
because genetics are a factor
>>
>>38575389
nigger what are you talking about? What goals
>>
>>38575379

Because it has to be. No-one on this site has the foggiest what OP is trying to achieve, what position he's in or how he's going. Maybe he's in a situation where he can milk SS for months and get a long way towards what he's trying to achieve. Maybe he's in a situation where two months is all the use he's going to get. Who the fuck knows?
>>
>>38575391

The goals you made for yourself when you decided to pick up heavy objects and put them down.
>>
>>38575397
>>38575400
I don't get it, what other goals would one try and achieve other than lifting heavier + getting bigger when lifting weights?
>>
>>38575268
As long as you can make progress workout to workout on squats and deadlifts.

Stalls on other exercises matter a lot less.

If you have stall, reset, and work back up more than twice on squats and once on deadlifts, it's probably time to switch.

Also, once you're 'nearing the end' you'll probably know it, as workouts will take a hell of a long time to finish and be ass-grindingly hard.
>>
>>38575459
Thanks family, good post. Will keep in mind.
>>
>>38575268
"Intermediate is reached precisely when the 78th workout is completed, or when your deadlift reaches 1.68775 x bodyweight, whichever is first."
>>
>>38575268
You stop SS when you can't make linear progression any more. That'll depend on your genetics etc but basically after you plateau you're done. That'll mean reaching a weight where you keep stalling even after deloading a few times.
>>
>>38575929
>1.68775 x bw deadlift

Wtf that seems ridiculously light. Usually you stop ss when it just doesn't work anymore
>>
>>38576151
if you reach that at the 78th workout, you have done 6,5months of linear progression. seems about right to me
>>
>>38576239
78th workout
78x2.5kg per lift
195kg per lift

lol okay bro
>>
>>38576151
I believe this was Rip being his usual ornery self when confronted with the same question for the eight billionth time. I don't think you should take it so seriously.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.