[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I can physically barbell bench 100, why can't I physically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1461400177994.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1461400177994.webm
3MB, 853x480px
If I can physically barbell bench 100, why can't I physically dumbbell bench 50 with either hand?
>>
>>38574921
CNS response. Have you progressively overloaded from 20 or whatever up to 45 on DB? If not then you're body isn't trained on the motion. Plus DB is more straining as it isolates the movers more and requires more stabilization
>>
>>38574921
You need to balance them.

>>38574993
Fuck off.
>>
One side of you is weaker than the otherside with dumbells, barbell compensates for both sides
>>
Greater ROM
Harder to balance
Dominant side can't compensate for weaker side

Take your pick
>>
>>38574921
Though they both use your pectoralis major muscles, they use different combinations of secondary or accessory muscles to complete the press. When you never dumbell bench, those more unique muscles are weaker.
>>
Because anatomy and physics.

Anatomically, you're using stabilizing muscles in a different way when you go from barbell to dumbbell bench. This happens physics-wise because the weight is distributed differently and you're using different leverage points for each lift. CNS adaptation and overall stabilizer training will need to occur to get to that "equivalent" point, but overall your db bench will always be weaker than your bb.
>>
>>38574921
When you bench 100 kg, you apply 50 kg upwards with each hand, plus some force on the longitudinal axis of your body to keep the bar travelling in the desired path, plus the barbell itself is loaded with a force along its own axis that is pulling it apart (imagine benching 2 plate with a rubber bar, the bar would "want" to stretch/lengthen, right? Same principle, different material integrity/hardness with steel)
Now, when you DB bench, there is nobody to take that load, so you have to apply the force yourself. You are not only pressing up, you are also keeping your hands from collapsing to the sides. So, that extra force you apply "inwards" has to be deducted from your "pressing" force, because the net "force" your arms, shoulders and pecs can apply through a certain ROM is pretty much constant.

You're welcome.
>>
>>38574921
on bench press you use alot of your lats to push the weight,but with dumbell the weight is more on your chest/delts

and probably a mix of the other shit the fagggots in this thread have said
>>
>>38574921
>why can't I physically dumbbell bench 50 with either hand?
Because you're weak.
>>
>>38575295
I actually push the weight up with my calves and traps.
>>
because your hands get a +10% strength bonus when playing in multiplayer
>>
there's a lot of dumb shit in this thread but this is probably the worst >>38575295
>>
>>38575295
this, deadlifts wreck my chest so i guess it works the other way round
>>
>>38575432
jokes aside I remember reading an article or watching a video where either Johnie Jackson or Branch Warren said deadlift is a great chest exercise
mind = fucking blown by some peoples' understanding of human anatomy
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.