[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NHS in england wants to ban smokers and patients with BMI 30+

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 2000px-NHS-Logo.svg.png (61KB, 2000x800px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-NHS-Logo.svg.png
61KB, 2000x800px
NHS in england wants to ban smokers and patients with BMI 30+ from regular surgery. The Facebook comments on the articles are full of fat apologists.
>>
>2016
>still using BMI as anything other than a practical joke
>>
If you did any kind of research into this you'd see that it's only one commissioning group in Yorkshire and they're considering it not necessarily doing it. Also look at the demographics of obese people and smokers; all this policy would do is discriminate against working class people. If you want less fatties and smokers invest in education and access to gyms/parks/school meals and possibly put higher vat on unhealthy shit
>>
>>38572058
M8 Unless you're on steroids, a bmi greater than 30 is a good indication you're a big fat fuck. Seriously they don't need a dexa scan or medical qualifications to spot that
>>
>>38572058
Having more muscle than your average person could push your BMI over 25 despite being somewhat lean; but no where near over 30 unless you're running gear.
>>
>>38572058
yeah because the 60% bodyfat fatties definitely make weight based classification moot due to their excessive muscle.
>>
>>38572187
Smoking (and alcohol) already has massive taxes on top of vat, and working class people happen to make up the majority of the public. Plus they have been educated on healthy food and exercise and smoking bans are everywhere, but now they might acutally realise that they won't get free fixes for their piss poor lifestyle choices
>>
>>38571992
My issue with this is that these people are still paying taxes to fund these programs. Could you imagine paying into a system your entire life, then using legal substances as is your right, then being told that you can't access the services that you've been paying for for the past 30 years because you have done something entirely legal. I'm certainly no fat apologists and I think that fatties are fat 99.9% of the time because they eat too much/ exercise too little, but they are still paying for these services. If the NHS wants to limit who can and can't use these programs then the government better refund people the money they've been paying into it for the last x number of years an quit taxing them.

All that being said I heard in an older thread that they're only limiting certain surgeries for fat people like lippo, but still the smokers are getting a shit deal here.
>>
>>38572445

It's ultimately no different than refusing to treat someone injured playing football.
>>
>>38572477
I'd say there are far more risks involved with smoking/obesity than football, but I do get what you're saying.
>>
>>38572477
Yup, pretty much.

>You didn't need to play football, you could have went for a run instead! This is your own fault! We're not paying! Even though, you've really been paying for the duration of your career though taxes... B-But forget about that!
>>
>>38571992
I was talking to this with my mates at pub while we drank and smoke heavily talking about how much we hate fatties. Are we hypocrites?
>>
>>38572522
>being fat is the same as playing football
kys you fat worthless fuck
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.