[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Strongman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: strong.jpg (12KB, 234x216px) Image search: [Google]
strong.jpg
12KB, 234x216px
What's the best way to get started in this activity? Any starting 'routines'? Or just pick up heavy shit?
>>
skip lifting tires and go directly to tearing your biceps off
>>
>>38571371
Start by flipping bike tires
>>
any legit advice?
>>
Help people on the grocerie stores carry their bags
>>
>>38572024
Build a big overhead Press and deadlift and do any events you can get your hands on for light technique practice
>>
YouTube form. Find a gym with strongman equipment. Go to town
>>
Run a novice program.
Add weighted carries on the days you deadlift.
Squat highbar.
Press 4x5, or even 5x5 if you're on a 3x5.
Learn how to clean, clean and press, snatch and etc.
Chins/row.
Facepulls, ideally with a band. If no bands, do some rear laterals until you can get some.
Cross body hammer curls, maybe.
Learn how to front squat.
Clean the bar up for THE PRESS

Cardio and whatever work for endurance.

Ex
Run SS with weighted carries 1x and facepulls 2x until you get kinda stronk, then GSLP. After that TM and then a modified intermediate program that's been tailored for strongman.

That's what I'm doing now, I hope to compete at some local event in about two years.

I wish we had something like a stronk general.

The oly fucks have been active lately though, but I guess we don't have a lot of strongmen on the board.
>>
Lots of pressing, do lots of incline bench. Learn the various cleans and practice them. Deadlift tons. Front squat tons. If you have a strongman gym go. Otherwise make do with what you have.

Do lots of medley, it's the best way to build endurance imo. Ex. Yoke one way, drop and run back to start farmer carry out to yoke, drop, yoke back to start run back and grab farmer and repeat
>>
>>38572332
I also like to power cleans/yoke medley
>>
>>38572344

>>38572332

speak English, please, this an English language image board, respect that or go back to your own country's image boards
>>
>>38572300
Thank you for the solid advice. I'm a relatively new lifter but looking to get really strong. Right now what I basically have is SL 5x5 (+pullups and dips), pressing twice a week, and on the offdays I'll have endurance runs, sled pushes, carries, and the other exercises.
>>
>>38571371

Find a strongman gym.

Most training routines are going to either be general strength routines with an added events day (typically guys who only have access to the implements on the weekend) or a strength routine with certain stuff moved around to accommodate the implements (guys who have full-time access to a dedicated strongman gym).

There's really not a huge amount to it beyond get strong all around, do your conditioning and use the event equipment to learn the events rather than relying just on those to get you strong.
>>
>>38572894
Make sure you aren't doing dips too much if you find yourself stalling. They might get in the way of your pressing strength if you're doing them more than once a week.

Make sure to eat enough, though that's a given.
>>
>>38573278
Is there a better exercise then to strengthen the triceps? Maybe lying extensions?
>>
>>38573460
For pressing? Dips, close grip bench and floor pressing are all great. I'd save extra triceps specific work, like the lying triceps extension for later on, and focus on an additional compound once a week for now.
>>
>>38573046

Seconding finding the strongman gym. That's how a guy went to high school started, and now he's competing at the elite level
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.