[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it acceptable to squat with the crossed arms grip?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: front-squat.jpg (22KB, 372x292px) Image search: [Google]
front-squat.jpg
22KB, 372x292px
Is it acceptable to squat with the crossed arms grip?
>>
whatever feels more comfortable for you
>>
>>38569552
front squat? yeah i guess. there's no point. just makes you look dumb. youre supposed to be resting it on your delts and assisting balance with your hands.

only reason i could think of doing that is if your flexibility and range of motion is compromised for whatever reason (injury or otherwise).
>>
File: frontsquat.png (146KB, 841x462px) Image search: [Google]
frontsquat.png
146KB, 841x462px
No. It's a meme.

Front squat the correct way.
>>
yes unless you plan on competing in olympic weightfliting
>>
>>38569552
Yeah if they match your purse.
>>
>>38569552
if you have some sort of wrist pain they can help with that
>>
>>38569573
his elbows are too low
>>
>>38569552
It seriously compromises the security of the bar on your shoulder, so I'd avoid it and learn to do it the conventional way.

I've seen more than a few people drop the bar doing this.
>>
>>38569635
can you squat that much?
>>
>>38569552
Its fine. If you just do ot to get strong its literally exact the same for legs and core.
>>38569573
If hes not planning to do weoghtlifting whats the difference?
>>
You're not supposed to hold the bar with your hands, it should be resting on your delts. And unless you plan on weightlifting, there is no need to do it the conventional way (as in >>38569573).

You can stretch out your arms in front of you and do it. But since that looks pretty stupid, I'm just crossing my arms, like touching my elbows with my hands. That also makes it very easy to keep your elbows up, otherwise flexibility can become an issue.
>>
File: 1469720299521.jpg (436KB, 1182x966px) Image search: [Google]
1469720299521.jpg
436KB, 1182x966px
>>38569635
>I shitpost on an animu fitnes board at least 4 hours a day so I know better how to front squat than a weightlifting world champion
>>
>>38569552
no you look like a meme
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.