[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens if you consume too much calcium? I feel like I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Ca_Supplements.png (95KB, 250x186px) Image search: [Google]
Ca_Supplements.png
95KB, 250x186px
What happens if you consume too much calcium?

I feel like I've crossed line for safe levels of calcium consumption. I take vitamin D supplements in the morning that come with a 100% daily dosage of calcium followed by a big bowl of müsli and milk and then in the evening a liter of milk with my protein shake. Throughout the day I eat foods with a decent amount of calcium as well. Is this too much?
>>
If you eat/drink too much calcium it can actually cause solidification of your muscles in a really bad way. Basically bits of your muscle will melt into your bone like roots and you'll suffer irrepairable damage to your movement.

Granted it takes a LOT of calcium, but I had an aunt with brittle bone disease who thought calcium would help her bones so just kept taking way over the maximum amount of calcium per day until she lost a load of mobility in her legs and kept falling. Sadly her fear of breaking her leg and going to hospital ended up being the reason why she couldn't leave the house.
>>
>>38566733
self fufilling prophecy
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ndto8mHvgy1smp55d.jpg (30KB, 500x510px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ndto8mHvgy1smp55d.jpg
30KB, 500x510px
You become a spookster
>>
u can get kidney stones
>>
>>38566534
Say goodbye to your kidneys
>>
>>38566534
100% DV of calcium would make a pill too large to swallow. It's also not a good idea to take your entire daily amount all at once, better to space it throughout the day. Also what >>38566733
said, it's frightening to overdose on calcium.

All in all it's not a good idea to go above what you need, there isn't any reason to.
>>
>>38569431
fuck

Kidney stones make me want to stop consuming calcium forever
>>
>>38569480
It's not a pill but rather an alkaseltzer tablet that disolves in water. I wouldn't take it if it wasn't for vitamin D3, which I lack.
>>
>>38566733
This fucking this.
My waifu had this happen with some muscles in her back. This will wreck your shit anon
>>
>>38566733
As long as you drink a lot of water, and you don't go entirely overboard with calcium, you can get rid of some of it through urine.
>>
I drink 3 cup of milk a day + 1 and a half scoop whey and some cheese, am I fucked?
>>
If you are vitamin D deficient then you arent going to fully absorb all that calcium. You know you can get vitamin D without calcium, right?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.