[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NO SQUATS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1757.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1757.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Hi /fit/,

So after picture related I can no longer do conventional squats.

I've searched but been overwhelmed with conflicting opinions. The options seem to be Pseudo-Sumo or Bulgarian Split Squats.

Please tell me there are alternatives that I can replace in standard programs to achieve a similar result.

>BONUS INFO:
> Ankle only has 10 degrees of flex.
>Hips cannot "sink" much lower than parallel.
>>
File: SGC - thanks Oly.jpg (593KB, 816x1088px) Image search: [Google]
SGC - thanks Oly.jpg
593KB, 816x1088px
>>38560899
>>
Story first.
>>
File: 44URiYy.jpg (94KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
44URiYy.jpg
94KB, 720x960px
>>38561204
This
>>
>>38560899
how
>>
>>38560899
Why dont you focus on upperbody for the time being and wait until you recover the needed mobility to do any kind of squats safely?

Just go for a walk if you want to speed up your recovery or light mobility work.
>>
>>38560899
NIGGA SHIT HAPPEN TO YOU?
Green story time.

Also, look into step ups. Combined with Bulgarian split squats that should cover your leg development
>>
>>38560899
rip op
>>
>>38560899
Is that fuckin shit still in your leg? How about you read and study for a while, work your mind and HEAL YOUR BODY?? You need to stay far away from weights for a long time retard
>>
>>38560899
maybe just give up on working legs
>>
>>38560899
try trap bar deadlifts with the high handles. deadlift is kind of a misnomer since the movement more resembles a leg press.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNmGkfMhma0
>>
I have limited mobility due to chronic illness and I can do trap bar deadlifts, which mimic a sorta half squat motion.
Goes alright.
>>
Jefferson Squats?
>>
>>38561204
I'll keep it short.
>Have this condition:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hereditary_multiple_exostoses
>All over everywhere
>Multiple invasive bone crack-a-lackin surgeries since 13yo
>Basically doesn't stop until you stop growing
>So couldn't do it earlier otherwise they'd grow back, excluding in serve circumstances.
>Had a job that involved a lot of kneeling, squatting (Boar or Camp Squat), back movements, etc.
>Sumthin don't feel right one day
>ignore it
>Next day the dull ache comes back as a sharp pain
>Try to carry on but in so much pain have to go home
>Eventually get mom to pick me up and take me to doctors
>xrays confirm shit's tucked
>Spine is crooked and semi fused/collapsed, hip and knees are starting to suffer from arthritis, ankle is fubar
>Only viable option is to try to rebalance whole body
>lol btw ur leg was one and a half inches shorter than your other k thx bye
>dropped out of college
>Now hospital
>Now unemployed
>Now slightly less lop-sided and in less pain
>Now have to get other side done next year
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px)
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>38562239
How?
Well first they shave your leg.
Then they do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuPecrbui3M
After they attach the rail I then have to crank it with an Allen key four times a day.
This pulls one side down causing the knee section to move, an the "nail" to slide inside the femur.
You feel a dull sort of pulling sensation, as though you held a stick and tried to pull it apart.
Do this until desired distance is achieved.
Then another op to remove frame/rail.

You'll have four to five scars remaining permantly, and the bone can pressure fracture at the screw sites even after healing.

I was thinking of getting some Only shoes to help with my ankle issues (bone not muscle/sinew)
>>
>>38562330
>Is that fuckin shit still in your leg?
Yes. Permanently.
>>
Low bar
RDL
Bulg Split Skwat
glute bridge
>>
File: tumblr_ny94itUcws1tho85xo3_1280.jpg (123KB, 1280x487px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny94itUcws1tho85xo3_1280.jpg
123KB, 1280x487px
>>38562309
>>38562332
>>38562333
>>38562337
>>38563670

So how would you incorporate your suggestion in to something like SS or Reg Park's?

Would you just directly swap them out, or would you try some of the suggested variations until you found the ones that "felt right"?
>>
>>38562331
Good enough reason as any
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.