[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to the gym tomorrow for the first time, already paid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: sweating frogs.png (32KB, 246x232px) Image search: [Google]
sweating frogs.png
32KB, 246x232px
Going to the gym tomorrow for the first time, already paid
>>
>>38559167
Don't forget to high five the receptionist on the way in
>>
>>38559167
stfu and just get them gains.
>>
>already paid
What the fuck? They let you preorder at your gym? I have to stand in line all day to pay for a squat rack. What gym?
>>
>>38559167
Everyone does Day one.

Start light, go for repetition. don't skip out on days, habit is the single most important thing you can do for yourself now.
>>
>>38559167
Bats here. I don't want to trip but I do want to say good luck! WEAR EARPHONES. Do you have a routine?
>>
>>38559167
I didn't bring my lifting sunglasses my first time. Big mistake
>>
File: kuumottaa.png (120KB, 314x364px) Image search: [Google]
kuumottaa.png
120KB, 314x364px
>>38559269
I was there today and paid

>>38559270
>>38559279
I have no idea what I'm going to do
The receptionist told me that since it'll be my first day she'l come with me and introduce me to the trainers
>>
>>38559330
Hm....I guess you're not super socially anxious then, so I guess talking to a trainer isn't too bad they don't always know their shit though. Are you fat, skinny fat, average?
>>
>>38559167
Focus on the big 4 (press, bench, squat, deadlifts) + back (you wont be able to do pull ups but you WILL have a maching thats kind of the same).

Dont pay attention at what PTs tell you. Sure, dont go ham without their supervision, but they most likely wont know SHIT. Study and train by yourself.

Dont miss a workout. You will lose progress. Same with everything (studying, working...), do what you have to do.

Dont neglect nutrition or sleep - these are key.

Good books: for form, Starting Strenght; for nutrition check scoobys page, he's got a few recomended books.

Thats everything I wish someone told me when I started.
>>
>>38559330
figure out a routine famalam
SS or SL are both good for starters
squat to depth, otherwise it doesnt count
>>
>>38559342
>Hm....I guess you're not super socially anxious then
It took me 30 minutes to actually walk in today

Average I guess, not fat but extremely unfit, I hike every now and then but that's about it, I run out of breath easily if I have to run
>>
>>38559362
this, they will probably having you do anything but barbell lifts because they actually take time and skill to teach
>>
no one cares about you, do your thing and don't forget to tip the receptionist
>>
>>38559353
Also, dont pay attention to youtubers or fags here or on other bodybuilding forums because they also dont know shit.

Act like nobody knows shit and your good to go. You can hurt yourself listening to morons.
>>
>>38559330
Start with 5x5
>>
>>38559167
Mate, I'm in the exact same situation. Been meaning to do it for ages but I kept putting it off and did half-arsed home workouts instead. Don't have a routine planned but once I ease into things I'll put the effort in to learn more. Just going to bash the treadmill and do basic exercises.

We're gonna make it.
>>
>>38559417
it's truly easier with the routine though
>>
Not OP, but in similar situation; is PPL for beginners like they recommend on leddit (pls no bully) a good idea for a dyel that has the time to go to the gym 6 days a week?
>>
>>38559417
Good luck man
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.