[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was worthwhile, and what was not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: worthwhile.png (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
worthwhile.png
9KB, 259x194px
Hi, I am 41.

I hope you can learn from my experiences.

I have done some stuff for a long time, and I have found that some of it was worthwhile.

1) Learning how to lift properly. I wasted years doing stupid isolation exercises. Compound exercises changed everything, made me less susceptible to injury, and put on way more muscle.

2) moisturizer/sunblock. It really makes a difference. I have a much younger face than other guys my age.

3) finding active hobbies. You're more likely to keep moving if you find something you really enjoy. Boxing kept me active for years (until I got older and became a bit of a pussy. Now I just do BJJ, which hurts my nose less).

4) drinking shitloads of water. I started doing this years ago, and I think it is part of the reason I am healthier than 98% of the guys my age. Also, I really don't want kidneystones.

Shit that I did that was dumb:

1) not understanding nutrition until my 30s. All those wasted gains!

2) Not getting enough sleep. I would probably be DLing 9000 pounds right now if I had realized the importance of rest.

3) being scared of rejection until I was in my late 20s. For fucks sake, I could have enjoyed some really fine ladies back then.

4) not having a legs day until my late 20s. I looked like a reverse tyranasaurus until I was almost 30.

I have today off work, so I will be shitposting until the wife gets home. Ask me questions about being old and stuff.
>>
>>38557492
Shit. A rare opportunity to ask a grown man for life advice, and I have nothing to ask.
>>
>>38557615
Ask him how to self abort, it's what you parents would want you to ask
>>
What was your sleep schedule like before you fixed it?

How did you get over fear of rejection?

What would you say made you successful with women?
>>
File: 1472818700096.jpg (38KB, 368x639px) Image search: [Google]
1472818700096.jpg
38KB, 368x639px
>>38557492
Will actually keep in mind about moisturizer and sunblock. Will try to include some more compound lifts aswell thanks dad
>>
How are your dentures, grandpa?
>>
File: 1374174672112.jpg (105KB, 915x915px) Image search: [Google]
1374174672112.jpg
105KB, 915x915px
I wouldn't want to learn anything from anyone who is still on 4chan in his 40s
>>
>>38557715
>What was your sleep schedule like before you fixed it?

Stayed up late all the time fucking around online, woke up early to go to work. I fell in love with the fire service when I was 20, eventually got a suburban fire job. Worked there until I was 25, and decided I wanted to work in a busy city rather than the slow ass suburbs. Ended up getting what I wanted: immediately got assigned to a busy inner city station right out of the academy, ran about 18 calls every 24 hour shift. This REALLY fucked up my sleep schedule. I thought napping was for the weak. It isn't. A lion sleeps 18 hours a day, so never apoligize for getting rest when you need it.

>How did you get over fear of rejection?

With help from a friend. HE forced me to talk to a girl in a bar. She shot me down. He said "did she hit you? Stab you? Are you injured? No? Then what the fuck are you scared off?" he would get me pumped up, and I would go talk to girls. It got easier each time.

>What would you say made you successful with women?

I am not a player or a ladies man. However, my job gave me great amounts of confidence, getting /fit/ help a lot as well, and having my friend (who I talked about above) in my corner helped as well. By the time I hit 30, dating was easy. Yes, this makes me a very late bloomer.
>>
>>38557769

I have 2 implants. Like I said, I used to box a lot. And I was not very good. Thus the implants.
>>
>>38557795
Thanks, this seems to be about where I'll be in a few years with women. I almost became a fireman too.

Are you married? Did you find a wife early or later.
>>
>>38557941

my fireman advice: fuck the suburbs. They might get more pay, but I hit more working fires in a month than those guys do in 3 years. Seriously.

Yes, married. Younger, richer lady. Who is super cool. I am lucky.
>>
File: 1327021910221.jpg (34KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1327021910221.jpg
34KB, 704x396px
>>38557962
>Younger, richer lady. Who is super cool. I am lucky
Yes. Very motivating yes.
>>
>>38557492
Hey Oldfag, any other advice or words of wisdom?
>>
>>38558478

I wish I had put more money away for retirement earlier in life. I will do better than most in retirement, but I could have done better.

I wish I had seen a doctor when I rolled my ankle when I was 19. I wouldn't have ankle issues right now.

I wish I hadn't been so scared to talk to chicks when I was younger. Fear is all in your head. It's not your job to decide if she's too good for you.

I wish I had learned the benefits of being a more well-rounded person earlier in life. Travel, read, learn a foreign language, force myself out of my comfort zone. I did all those things later in life than I should have.

I try to ensure that I go to bed a better person than when I woke up. That could mean learning a new french verb, getting my best 2 mile run time yet, learning a new skill of some sort.
>>
>>38558557
Thanks for the advice. I am 19 y/o and I don't want to regret many things later in life
>>
Canadian detected
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.