[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting a gym memebership

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

>what's socially acceptable to wear at the gym?
>do's and don't's?
>what's an okay workout without looking like a retard to the others at the gym? Like 3 sets of 10 reps on how many machines?
>What machines are good to use, mainly for aesthetics?
>What do you do between sets? Stay at the same machine, switch to another, go drink water? How long should the time be inbetween sets and if you are doing 3 sets x 10 reps, should you do all 3 sets of the same excercise in one go or do 1 set of each of your planned exercices and then start your next set?

plz help!!!
also this is not bait
>>
Get on a program and read the sticky.

For how not to look like a weirdo wear gym clothes and between sets just sit on the equipment you're using or stand next to it if it's a squat rack or something. Listen to music.
>>
>>38552785
anything that allows for movement. no jeans, no outside shoes.
do lift weights don't take pictures
SS, don't use machines unless you have to
don't use machines
sit or stand who gives a fuck. do one exercise at a time

read the sticky
>>
>>38552818
If SS is a meme and I am not supposed to use machines, what am I supposed to do then.
Also what is defined as a machine at the gym?
>>
>>38552871
Are you for real?

You haven't even stepped inside the place have you.

Just do exercise, pick random machines and see what they do/how they feel.

At your point, literally any exercises you do will make a difference, because you probably need do any exercise (like most people starting out).

Also don't take advice from this website, people will troll at every opportunity
>>
>>38552926
And read the sticky, sick of saying it
>>
>>38552871
SS is not a meme for anyone but especially if you're as clueless as you sound it's perfect for you.

the "bad" machines you shouldn't use are anything that locks you into a certain pattern of motion. what it usually means is solid handles that only go up and down one path like pic related. it's an unrealistic exercise since you're not balancing the weight. free weights are not only much more effective but also give you actual strenght you can use in real life.

cable machines (where you're holding on to a bar or a handle attached to a cable and balancing it yourself) are fine, they're much like free weights. note that just because there's a cable moving inside the machine doesn't make it a cable machine.
>>
>>38552944
That said if hes never done exercise (doesn't sound like he has) fixed machines will still make a difference, plus he doesn't have to worry about bad form, right?
>>
>>38552785
no beaters unless you're jacked
no stringers, ever
trackies or shorts. no stiff pants
>>
/fit/ has helped me lose a lot of weight but i still haven't gone to the gym because i'm afraid i'd spill my spaghetti
>>
>>38552977
well yeah fixed machines are obviously better than staying at home but why learn the piss poor way when you can just do things the right way from the start? also I've seen people do some crazy shit on those machines. you'd think they'd eliminate bad form but people too "busy" to look at the instructions for 10 seconds come up with the most imaginative ways to risk injury
>>38552871
>what am I supposed to do then.
free weight exercises. dumb bells and barbells
>>
>>38552785
>what's socially acceptable to wear at the gym?

Anything but jeans. Nobody cares what you wear as long as you wear clean clothes

>do's and don't's?

Do: wipe shit down after you use them Don't: leave weights racked/lying around after you're done

>what's an okay workout without looking like a retard to the others at the gym? Like 3 sets of 10 reps on how many machines?

SS or SL. Read the fucking sticky.

>What machines are good to use, mainly for aesthetics?

>aesthetics
>machines

>What do you do between sets? Stay at the same machine, switch to another, go drink water?

Recuperate.

>How long should the time be inbetween sets and if you are doing 3 sets x 10 reps, should you do all 3 sets of the same excercise in one go or do 1 set of each of your planned exercices and then start your next set?

Rest between every set until you're ready.
>>
So what do you use for your legs then?
>>
>>38553446
squat
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.