[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pain on the sides of the knees

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 219.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
219.gif
2MB, 320x240px
well /fit/ after a year of lifting I can squat a farily amount of weight.

Last week broke my PR, and decided to take a one week break because I was starting to feel some light pain on the external side of my right knee when warming up.

During the week I hoped on the bike once to keep the muscles fresh. But when I got of the bike I started to now feel mild pain in the interior side of the knee. (both pains are on the ligaments, I think. I'm not a doctor)

I'm going to stop squatting for a week or two and go see a doctor.

What excersises can I do instead of squatting to have sort of the same effect on my body.

I was thinking about going with this:

-Leg extensions
-Leg curls
-Lunges
-Leg Press
-Some hip and core excersise like candito's abs.

I searched all about squating and knee pain but evey ducking article is about patellofemoral pain (on the front side of the knee).

Has this ever happened to someone ? Why does this happen ? Am I going to be fucked and lose all my squat gains ?
>>
I have torn both my ACL's in both knees but I'm no doctor -- confirm what I say with the doctor.

Did your knee ever awkwardly turn outwards/inwards? And did you ever lose power/fall as a result of said awkward turn?

If yes ---> could be torn meniscus and or ACL. Go to a doctor and if this is the case there'll be swelling and blood in the knee. Get an MRI asap to check for ACL injury

If there's been no awkward rotation, and no blood in the knee, I doubt* there's a torn ACL.....just maybe tight tendons.

If its a grade 3 torn ACL and it requires surgery, 6months-1year after surgery will be spent learning how to walk and lift w/ baby weights (source: the first time I tore my ACL)

If there's a tear (minor) in ACL or the meniscus, RICE the knee and take 10-14 days off (Source: what I did after my 2nd tear, doc said it was fine to do so, but be careful)

If the tendons are tight, deload to <50% and do 3*12 reps....add 5 lbs every 5 weeks (Source: friend had tight tendons, on verge of tendonitis, had to deload and do this)
>>
>>38552656
`
Sorry, add weight every 2 weeks**

Also, leg extensions are bad cuz they put unecessary shear forces on the ACL according to the 3 fizzeo's I've had.

Just do leg press if you're not okay with squatting but you should be good to go if it's minor. And switch to lowbar, less pressure on knees because less knee travel
>>
>>38552566

Potential issues:
>Medial head of quad too strong
>Lateral head of quad too strong
(Imbalances like this makes the kneecap not track well). Can stem from not engaging quadratus femoris (or whatever the muscle is between femur and glut max) which for example makes the lateral quad head overcompensate (and puts pressure on the MCLs).

>Valgus collapse during squats
Meniscus problems or MCL/ACL damage

>Bouncing out of hole
not gonna explain this, potential damage about anywhere

The biking might just have made some of the above problems surface.

TL;DR
Lots of shit could be the reason, probably stemming from overall bad squat form or one/couple of sloppy sessions.
>>
>>38552656
>>38552684

Yeah one time like 2 or 3 weeks ago both of my knees went inside, like a lot. I stopped squatting and called it a day. Didn't loose power tough. Didn't feel anything.

Just remembered that. Thanks. I'll tell the doc.

Just for reference. I'm going to a traumatologist specialized in knees.
Should I also go to say like a deportologist to check my squat position ? I dobut a doctor knows how to squat.

I'll skip the leg extensions and do leg presses instead of squats till the results come.
>>
>>38552705

>Valgus collapse
Check

>Bouncing out of hole
Check

FUCK. I thought bouncing was ok ? And even encouraged ?

I'm doing it like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQWzAs2m0ck

1:56 mark.

Just a little bounce to break the inertia. Am I an idiot ?
>>
>>38552793
If the "bounce" is light and from a hamstring stretch then i guess it's fine, if you bounce violently against your calves or cuz your knees can't bend further then your shit might get severely hurt.

As >>38552656 says if you've been able to squat properly afterwards it's probably just something that will heal with time and rest. After doctors visist maybe less leg frequency and lighter weights and really strict form might allow for quick recovery.
>>
>>38552827
well he doesn't say it but implies that it's probably some "lighter damage", you get the point.
>>
I have pain what feels like right in the inside/middle of my knee that somedays will be so bad I can hardly walk on it then other days it isn't even there. Any ideas what it could be? It's only in one knee.
>>
>>38552827
>>38552847

Yeah I felt the pain one week before the PR break and say fuck it and lifted even more weight. No pain till one week later when I biked.

K I'll go to the doc next week and see what happens. You gave me peace. Thanks.
>>
>>38552869
sounds like meniscus, go to doctor man
>>
>>38552566
Medfag here. Avoid leg extensions. Terrible on the knee's ligaments. During your recovery, replace back squat with hack squats. If your gym has a hack machine, great. Otherwise utilize smith machine. Place your feet and thus center of gravity forward 6-12 inches. This will take the load off your knees.
Nothing replaces back squat though. I'd recommend taking 10-20 min for ankle mobilization prior to squatting. You may lack some mobility in that R knee, preventing adequate dorsiflexion for your depth, which will bring the load onto the ball of your R foot.

This is precisely the problem I was having. Here is what I did to correct my unilateral knee pain. I de loaded back to 1pl8 lmao. Spent a month mobilizing my ankles & hips before squats on leg day. I stretched my calcanea tendon, calves and soleus along with hips and taint. Focused on outward knee drive with reloaded weight. Continued to add weight with new form. Now I'm back to squatting what I was and then some with ZERO pain.
If you're having joint pain, 9 times out of 10 the cause is upstream or downstream of the inflammation. Your knee is likely compensating for an imbalance in the hips or ankles.
I encourage you to check out Kelly street 'S YouTube channel. Just type in ankle mobilization and fall down the rabbit hole.
Mobilize that shit and become the supple leapord you were meant to be. Not a rigid gerbil.
>>
>>38552925
I've been trying to look up how much it would cost. I've got pretty good insurance but still don't want to get JEWED
>>
>>38552827
Mmm I don't think I get hamstring stretches when squatting. I have mad elasticity.
I don't remember to be frank. 90% chance I might be bouncing out from the calves. I'll check next time and stop it if that's the case.

>>38552942
Damn back to the 1pl8 again. Fuck me.
I'll do that after the MRI comes back. It'll be a good oportunity to try the candito's control routine and the paused squats.

I'll swap the hack machine for the press then and do the ankle movilization stuff.

Question how much weight I put on the hack machine ? Same as in the press ? I think the angle is the same.
>>
>>38553068
Are you competing? Who the fuck cares. Get your priorities straight bud. Would you rather have a double total knee replacement by age 50 or a 4 pl8 squat?
>>
>>38553289
not competing at all. But it'll be nice to enter the 1/2/3/4 group. to have an objective you know.

But yes, I'm now in a hurry. I know I'll get there in 1 year max. I'll deload.
>>
>>38554103
*not in a hurry
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.