[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weights for SS if you're a superdyel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 20160901_600[1].jpg (59KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
20160901_600[1].jpg
59KB, 600x400px
I'm slowly trying to not be absolute garbage by picking up one habit at a time. I'm starting the "not having an awful body" segment of this plan, and am wanting to get /fit/.

I know the dieting stuff to some extent (I know my recommended daily caloric intake and just need to either get some multivitamins or try to grocery shop around those and macros.)

But I'm a total dyel. I used to play soccer, but I've never had any sort of arm strength at all. I'm looking into SS, and was wondering if there's any shame in going to the gym and literally just lifting the barbell for a week.

Or should I do bodyweight exercises until I'm at least out of todderstrength mode?
>>
Read the sticky
>>
There's no shame in just using the bar
Maybe another anon can comment on if it's optional to do bodyweight first, but you will be fine
>>
Start with stronglifts 3x5. Its a far more beginner friendly program. Do ss later if you are interested in olympic lifting
>>
Do the right thing, don't care about others
>>
>>38551561
Jesus Christ just do your fucking power cleans. Starting with an empty bar to squat and taking four weeks to do 100lbs for a set of five is retarded.
>>
>>38551578
>>38551469

Gotcha, that's good to hear.

>>38551465
I'll give it another look.

>>38551561
>>38551597
Wait, which am I supposed to do, then?
>>
>>38551731
Stronglifts is just a cheap and shameless copy of Starting Strength-- and Medhi, the guy who "created" it is a hack. Doesn't know anything about the movements or proper programming.

Power Cleans are perfectly doable on your own with practice. Do SS. You'll be able to run it longer as well, because 5x5 sets across is too much volume for sustainable linear progression.
>>
Just lift the bar. If you have never done those exercises before, you need to learn the form anyway. It's easier to look yourself on the mirrors if there isn't too much weight on.
>>
>>38551766
Empty bar doesn't provide ample resistance to learn bar path, as you can bungle it all up and recover it effortlessly, which will actually teach you improper form.

Seriously, read SS and follow directions on starting and learning form. Film yourself and assess your form.
>>
File: ss.jpg (105KB, 1228x1065px) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
105KB, 1228x1065px
>>38551452
>>38551731
If you want to become a fat powerlifter fuck and look like shit, go on and enjoy your SS + GOMAD meme routine.

If you want to look a e s t h e t i c, go for a proper 2-split-plan. Three times a week, one day push, the other day pull.

Pull day: Deadlifts, Lat Pulldown, Low Row, Ab training
Push day: Squats, Calves, Bench Press, Military Press, Dips

Do at 5x5 for maximum strength (use as much weight as you can and increase the next time once you can do it).

Fuck any other plan and fuck the bullshit they want to sell you here. Do this for about 3 months, then start to focus on hypertrophy (switch to 4x8 instead of 5x5 for example).

Also read some fucking books you lazy DYEL faggot.
>>
>>38551597
Power cleans are retarded for novices. I go to an Olympic weightlifting gym, and from my experience it takes weeks of one on one coaching to get someone to perform a power clean correctly, trying to get a novice (who fucks up even the simple lifts like squats) to learn it from a book is ridiculous. This is even more retarded due to the fact that rows are much better for most beginners' goal, which is back hypertrophy.
My advice: take the exercise selection and order from SL, but dump the retarded progression scheme and 5x5, do 3x5 and follow the progression guidelines by Rippetoe.
>>
>>38551808
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HV-wvNa2GM

you only get fat if you are retarded and forget to lift

OP just do SS and use just the bar for as long as you need, you will gain strength quickly at first but don't rush it and try to lift too much because your form will become shit
>>
>>38551808
>calves

lol
>>
OP, don't do SS, do StrongLifts 5x5 instead, and add Dips, Pullups, Chinups and Curls. I started with the bar a month ago, there's no shame in that, there is shame in lifting more than you can with bad form, though, so don't do that. Your lifts will go up really fast, eat and sleep, train hard and the gains will come
>>
>>38551452

Skinny af dyel here. I started lifting about 2 months ago, and gained 9kg.
First day, I benched the bar, no shame.
Now, I'm doing 1pl8 for 3x6.

I'm doing a full body progressive workout routine (3x a week).
Basically, the plan is 3 mos. full body then switch to split.

I'd share my routine if you're interestes
>>
>>38552026
Shoot.
>>
>>38552026
>I'd share my routine if you're interestes

they are called noob gains for a reason. The specificities of the routine don't matter much. The special unique things you think work don't. Do a proper beginner routine.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.