[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is an increase in acne an indicator of increased testosterone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: R2MPiVP.jpg (518KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
R2MPiVP.jpg
518KB, 2272x1704px
Is an increase in acne an indicator of increased testosterone?
>>
>>38537959
It's an indicator of poor hygiene.
>>
indicator of oily skin
>>
>>38537959
or a greasy hermit with poor hygiene standards
>>
>>38537959
indicator of steroids
>>
>>38537965
>>38537971
>>38537972
Don't listen to this shit. If you wash your face 1-2 times a day, change your pillow sheets every couple of days and aren't touching your face and popping your zits all the time, you are doing everything you can to prevent a break out. If you aren't a greasy disgusting piece of shit, your acne is most likely due to hormones and bacteria.
>>
File: 1471169089072.jpg (39KB, 341x411px) Image search: [Google]
1471169089072.jpg
39KB, 341x411px
>>38537959
>People who think acne isn't genetic.
>>
Is that Misc_Legend? Damn I miss him.
>>
>>38538010
You're retarded, it's caused by diet and hygiene.
>>
>>38538010
>genetic
People might have genetic predispositions that permit acne to spread more easily but acne is not what you'd call a genetic trait. Just see a derm and get isotretinoin and you'll see amazing results.
>>
>>38538007
This.
I used to have really bad acne and tried literally everything imaginable. Ended up going on accutane, which totally fixed it. However, I don't recommend accutane unless it's really severe acne. Basically, if your acne doesn't actively make you want to kill yourself, just do your best at controlling it, and wait it out.
>>
>>38538036
>diet and hygiene
Talk to a derm. Diet is the smallest factor when it comes to acne. The only thing that can really worsen already existing acne, is dairy, because of the IGF1 and estrogen in milk.
Hygene is an important part in keeping off acne but if you already have the bacteria on your skin and your skin is overproducing sebum you will get acne, regardless of how good your hygene is.
>>
>>38538086
>The only thing that can really worsen already existing acne, is dairy, because of the IGF1 and estrogen in milk.

pretty sure that igf1 has no oral availability
>>
>>38538055
If it's not so bad, most people can get away with some skin cremes or even antibiotics if it's a little worse.
>>
>>38538091
It's just how my derm explained it to me. Growth hormones and estrogen is what she said. She also explained that I should never take steroids if I want my acne to clean up because it throws your hormone balance way off.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.