[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This look infected or just bruised? Fucked up my ankle(broken

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
This look infected or just bruised?
Fucked up my ankle(broken fibula) the other night.
Wearing a boot.
Think i had it a little too tight and cut off the circulation. Not sure though cause it's more less the same color as the area around the break.
Not that numb or cold either.
Don't wanna spend more money on doc if possible.
>>
>>38536929
Please someone I'm kinda trippin
>>
>>38536968
Can't find any pics or descriptions that look like this
>>
>>38536929
There's a 40% chance that you may lose your toes
>>
It's fine. The compression pushes the bruising to your toes. If there's significant bruising around your fracture then this is totally normal.

t. broke my fibula 6 months ago.
>>
>>38536929
does the discolored area feel especially warm?

regardless, I think ice and elevation would help
>>
>>38536997
Id say 65%
>>
>>38536929
>Purple toes
Get ready to lose 'em. Get your ass to your doctor right now.

>mfw a doctors visit is only 9 euro when I make an appointment with my own doctor
>those measily 9 euro's are covered by health insurance
>such is life in based Netherlands
>>
>>38537024
No feels like everything else.
>>
>>38537014
So it's basically the same thing? Even if they don't hurt?
>>
>>38537079
then its unlikely an infection
>>
>>38536929
Elevate your foot, it's likely inflammation caused the boot to get too tight as the day went on.
>>
>>38537091
Basically, yes it's just a bruise. They don't hurt because there's no actual damage to your toes but the compression from the boot has spread the bruising blood from the area around your fracture down to your toes. This isn't bad, it just happens.
>>
>>38537120
>>38537145
Okay i was tripping out but i found a few pages on ankle sprains that said it's normal for the bruising and loose blood to travel to your toes after a few days because gravity.
Thanks a million i was afraid it was necrosis or something.
On a side note I've been sleeping with the boot on but a little loose.
Do i have to remove it?
>>
>>38536929
>>38536968

Personally I think you're fine. Like >>38537145
said it's just blood from the injury pooling in other places. This has happened to me a couple times (although not with any fractures, just really bad bruising) and it just takes time to settle back down.

Ice and elevation are your friends right now. Ibuprofen will also help with swelling and pain.

I have always found that arnica gel helps a hell of a lot with swelling as well. It smells different and doesn't appeal to everyone though.
>>
>>38537184
Keep your boot on while you sleep. It's okay to loosen the straps a little for comfort but you still want the joint immobilised so it can repair.
>>
RIP toes
>>
so basically don't panic unless numbness, pain, or toenails turn black?
>>
>>38537219
This, but keep the foot elevated.
Elevation is important. While inflammation is beneficial to the healing process, it can cause problems if allowed to go unchecked. Basically it's an immune response, and your immune cells mop up the mess and kill damaged cells through a "I'll fuck up everything and whatever survives is healthy" process. Sometimes that means a lot of undamaged cells get killed, and recovery takes much longer.
>>
File: IMG_00812.jpg (226KB, 960x718px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_00812.jpg
226KB, 960x718px
>>38537245
Yeah, you're fine.

Pic semi-related; my broken fibula bruise.
>>
Actual nurse

It's bruising. The blood drains with gravity. I used to get it all the time from bad kicks in Muay Thai. If it were necrotic it would start at the end of the toes, not the base.
>>
>>38537327
Noted
>>38537343
Yeah thats what mine looks like although a little worse.
How long it take to heal
>>38537347
phew, yeah it started from the top
>>
>>38537532
Takes about 6 weeks from the day of breaking it for the bone to heal. Takes about 4 months from the break to get back to normal.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.