[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cooking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Aspiring boxer/former fast food junkie here here. I've made some real progress, lost 15 lbs, gained a lot of endurance/stamina, started sparring and really just all around improving my health. Boxing has been my catalyst for trying to get fit and live a healthy life
However I can't cook for shit.

I have already cut off soda, fast food, candy all that shit. I stopped smoking cigarettes too. I just have 0 idea how to cook. The only thing I know how to make is pasta and fried eggs. My question is how the fuck do I learn how to cook? J know what I gotta eat, rice and beans, grilled fish/chicken, and even though I was an extremely picky eater in the past I tend to be more willing to try things if I cooked them myself.

>tl;Dr want to box , need to eat good, how to cook?
>>
>>38533691
pan, olive oil, salt, pepper, meat

heat up a bag of veggies or something

do you know how to boil water?
>>
Bumping for interest
>>
>>38534203
Of course famm just put water in the pot and boil that shit
>>
>>38534222
okay. next, put in a bag of 10 minute boil brown rice and boil it for 8-10 minutes
>>
>>38534232
I can't just use a rice cooker?
>>
>>38534261
if you have one and know how to not fuck up the rice
>>
>>38534275
I do have one but don't know how to not fuck up the rice. Will keep that in mind. Usually I add raw garlic and mushrooms and an egg when I make pasta. What should I eat with the rice the same?
>>
>>38534294
i usually eat it plain, but you can slap butter in there and peas and carrots might be good

invest in seasonings
>>
File: 1472691851505-559642062.jpg (390KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472691851505-559642062.jpg
390KB, 1920x1080px
>>38534331
For sure senpai. I'm at the produce section at publix as we speak.
>>
>>38534365
uh

eggs
chicken
olive oil
a pan
steaks (lean shit)
mixed veggie bags
brown rice
an onion (do you have knives?)

garlic powder
onion powder
chili pepper flakes
mixed seasonings if you're unsure of what particular seasonings are used for
>>
>>38534405
beans. black or red kidney.
>>
>>38533691
you are like me, except i gained weight to a healthy weight. what i do/did is cook the same thing over and over. i do not find this boring because i am controlling how this meal ends up on my plate before me. from there i do other recipes. i usually use ingredients and meals from the same areas in the world because i love cooking too. but i am not concerned to the extent i need just chicken breast, brown rice- type of meals. i want that flavor in there. i want my shit to be as tasty as possible and i have accepted that self-challenge. the reward is eating the food. if a cook is stubborn it will show in his food.
>>
>>38534405
I had no service in the supermarket after a while for whatever reason and couldn't refresh, but I did buy some chicken, carrots, some seasonings and a shitton of snacks like Greek yogurt,fruits and almonds and peanuts (unsalted) for the office.

I have already at home some brown rice and olive oil pans and knives. They are my moms I'm sure she wouldn't mind me using some. I'll go back for beans and an onion tomorrow.
>>
>>38533691
you're a fucking retard if you don't know how to google recipes
>>
>>38534624
good work
>>
buy a crock pot, you can find them at walmart or Sers for about 20 to 30 dollars, not too bad because they are extremely low maintenance and basically idiot proof

if you google crock-pot recipes you'll find all sorts of stuff

the recipe I use is for cream of mushroom and chicken, just toss a chick breast in the crock with a can of cream of mushroom soup and a cup water with chopped cauliflower and broccoli

its the best bang you can get your buck in my opinion I hope this helps
>>
if you're like me and have a raging Taco Bell fiend inside of you, this might help with that. still new to most of this and I kind of wing it on actually preparing/cooking food, but I've pulled a few recipes out of my ass.

-4oz cooked chicken breast
-4oz shredded almond cheese (mozzerella-style works best but different strokes)
-1 small whole wheat tortilla roll
-seasoning of your choosing (I use buffalo style)

>mix chicken, cheese, and seasoning together in a bowl
>set up frying pan, put tortilla down
>put chicken/cheese on top
>cook and sizzle as you please (I go 5-10 minutes on medium)
>fold over for a flatbread if you so choose, I sure do

450 cal, 50g protein, easy and tasty af
>>
>>38534654
Ty for the help dude. I'll post what I cook tomorrow night after I get out of boxing.

>>38534855
Love me some quesadillas. Will try.
>>38534826
Will look into bro
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.