[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bodyweight Fitness for Aesthetics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Yo,
Was doing SS off and on for a while with great results while bulking. I would love to continue to powerlift and believe barbell training is best but my SS workouts were starting to take at least and a hour and a half not including travel time, shower time, protein shake time or any of that. I hated that and I dont have that time so I quit for a while.

I have recently been into bodyweight stuff because I can do a routine in my apartment and be out the door in less then an hour. After building a strong base in SS, I am primarily looking for aesthetic results especially in upper body as SS did my lower body right with squats already.

Any advice on how to maximize aesthetic gains with bodyweight fitness. Right now just following the recommended routine progressions on reddit but was gunna eventually modify them to be more bodybuilder esque with higher amount of sets, more reps, and less rest time. Let me know what you guys think. Also including bodyweight curls / chinups of course and maybe tricep dips.

Also any hope for a powerlifting program that wont take 3 hours out of my day or is that just something I will have to revisit when I have more free time / live closer to gym. I know I could just rest less or something like that but that weakens my gains and i'm not powerlifting to scimp on gains.
>>
I should clarify. I am really looking for good muscle size and mass here. I just want a bigger looking upper body in general. Eventually I wanna cut but I feel I need to get a bigger upper body first. SS was great for this of course but like I said too much time. So size is a main goal here
>>
>>38523045
Barstarzz and Bar Brothers on youtube. Do that stuff.
>>
>>38523026
You're looking for high rep low rest exercise where you take advantage of leverage to make it harder.

Most bodyweight programs have progressions, so it's quite easy to find a level at where you will be sufficiently challenged and can get a bodybuilder like workout, if that's what you want.
>>
>>38523081
Spent some time looking at bar brothers. Was really interested at first due to the dudes' aesthetics but dude this shit does not look good. I checked into what they normally offer and suggest in their "system" and it involves a lack of proper rest days and super high rep ranges. I'll admit I have never properly tried body building but this done not sound like it. I know bodybuilders do high reps but I understood that to mean 8-12 reps as opposed to the powerlifters 5 and 4-5 sets instead of the 1-3 for a lot of powerlifting cept 5x5s. These guys go up to 20 reps with more sets. Sounds more like endurance to me. So in general, nice suggestion at first but when you look into it further looks like shit. They've got aesthetics though but I honestly would question that a pullup bar is the only "bar" that these guys used. Definitely looks like they snuck in some barbell training.
>>
One of the big reasons I am actually asking about this stuff is because I really do have a hard time believe you can have a large, muscular physique without weights. Most of the skilled calisthenics guys look wiry as hell which I hate personally. Even the main dude on reddit, think his name is Antranik, in my opinion has pretty poor aesthetics considering the amount of skill and training he has. I mean I know he is not in it for looks but if he is one of the best bodyweight guys and looks like that..... man thats just lame. All in all the whole convenience and time thing of bodyweight fitness look to be too good to be true as I thought. I am convinced you need weights to get the physique I want.
>>
Do stupid high reps of the most basic skills if you want aesthetics.

I can do three reps on the One arm chin, planche push ups, levers, and go from a handstand to pincha mayurasana

I have decent size right now, but I promise you that you're going to get more results (aesthetic results) with high reps.

If you want to do the advanced skills do it because you enjoy the challenge/movement- otherwise you'll be disappointed.
>>
>>38523624
Honestly have a tough time believing that shit straight up. I know a buddy of mine, sure he is muscular and got abs and all but is wiry as a mother fuck. He does those like 200 pushups and 400 sit up things no problem. His physique is not what I want. Endurance is different then body building dude, I thought I knew that much. Now I will give you this, being able to do 25 chin ups in a row yea thats probably a sign you have good aesthetics but thats different. I mean 12 reps is a very high amount for chinups and that is probably a good amount to work in sets and what I was planning but if you go stupid high like 20 and over per set I think that just means you are a pencil mother fucker. Handstand pushups aint gunna give you good aesthetics I get that much. But i doubt sets of 50 pushups help as much as you say.

Could be wrong though. I just really doubt it man. I wanna see a really really respected body building program that incorporates sets that have over 16 reps of anything that is not lightweight or easy as fuck.

Not trying to hate dog.
>>
>>38523697
I mean 150 chinups a day, 500 push-ups, etc.

20 chins is good for a beginner.

Also, as you eat more and grow larger it becomes more challenging for the body to move the weight.

You sound like you're just starting out in fitness. Mrs around and see what you like
>>
>>38523558

You might want to check out littlebeastmtraining on youtube. I'm not sure if he offers routines or anything but he looks pretty good doing bw mixed with barbell training.

Personally I do ULxULxx, with leddit beginner routine warmup, bodyline and skillwork as a warmup. Before weights I do a progression of HSPU on upper body day and l-sit/glute bridge- superset before lower body day.
>>
What do you guys think about Reddit's recommended routine? Is it good for functional gains, aesthetics, strength? I was looking into Overcoming Gravity by Steven Low but its a fucking hassle to read and I don't have to patience to build my own routine. I just want to get started fast.
>>
>>38523810
It's a solid routine if you are a beginner. It has the very basics without too complex movements. But as the name suggests you should move on to an advanced routine when you can do all the progressions.
>>
>>38523929
Cool. Got any advanced routines you can share?
>>
File: laugh2.jpg (21KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
laugh2.jpg
21KB, 340x340px
>>38523624
>estating that hard
Post video of OAC, planche and levers
Post body
>>
What are your thoughts on Dominik Sky's press, pull, core videos? I just do 3 x 8 reps for each of his progressions. Am I going to make it?
>>
>>38524077
Dominik sky is strong as fuck but his routines are meme tier.
>>
Could you not just do weighted versions of the most basic exercises toeet your goal?

Routine
Weighted Pull ups 3x8
Weighted dips 3x10
Lunges 3x10

Just add progression to the above and eat properly. Someone correct me if I'm missing something here
>>
Holy shit lads is this the best way to get natty ripped?
http://navyseals.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/naval-special-warfare-physical-training-guide.pdf
LISS/HITT Running/Swmming, Lifting, Calisthenics, abs. Jesus I felt like I just hit the jackpot.
>>
>>38523994

Some commonly known ones are Gymnasticbodies' Foundation, Aratniks advanced routine, Convict Conditioning and said Overcoming Gravity. Can't really say much about them since I do my own mix of bw and barbell training.
>>
>>38524163
Yes you could, but the retarded exercises you do to progress without weights increases use of other muscles you wouldn't usually as and increase balance and strength in tendons, hands, wrists etc.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.