[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I train to cross the English Channel by swimming? Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: English Channel.png (166KB, 1280x891px) Image search: [Google]
English Channel.png
166KB, 1280x891px
How can I train to cross the English Channel by swimming? Is 3 years a reasonable amount of time to prep myself?
>>
How many km is it?
>>
>>38513242
35 kilometers.
>>
>>38513209

since when do refugees have internet.
>>
>>38513209
>Is 3 years a reasonable amount of time to prep myself?
95% of people on this board are barely in shape and healthy.
U think any of them have experience swimming the English Channel?
>>
>>38513209
I think 3 years is plenty enough if you dedicate your time to it, and are in somewhat decent shape to begin with.
>>
>>38513265

Lol.

Op a refugee might try to jump on your back, might want to practice some judo throws.
>>
Just add a km each month, youll get there
>>
>>38513265
>>38513282
Top kek.

>>38513278
Doesn't hurt to ask.
>>
35 km should be easily doable in 3 years.

Why do you want to swim across op?
>>
>>38513291
something to do
>>
>>38513291
It's a dream of mine since I watched a movie called 'Welcome'.
It's something not many people has done. I think it's kinda nice to have a story like that to share.
>>
>>38513209
Sounds like a really fun thing to do actually. Get professional swimming lessons and do a couple of triathlons first.
>>
>>38513209
Need more info.

Do you know how to swim?
How well?
How much training are you willing to put in?
Can you train in open water where you live? In the ocean?

Have you looked at the logistics of this? You can't just jump in and swim across, you need support / a permit etc.
And as an actual bit of advice, most people seem to give up because they are unable to eat / drink while they do their crossing. So it might be a good idea to practice that.
>>
Just don't die and you'll be fine

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/aug/28/endurance-athlete-nick-thomas-dies-swim-english-channel
>>
>>38513321

I feel you op.

I was thingking about canoeing down the rhine or something, my parents rode their bikes half way around Iceland.

Seems like a cool story to tell your grandkids.
>>
>>38513209
Ya'll niggas are giving advice to a fucking terrorist
>>
>>38513265
KEK
>>
File: SBy6OGF.png (3KB, 79x66px) Image search: [Google]
SBy6OGF.png
3KB, 79x66px
every fucking poster on /fit/
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.