[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

rate my diet plan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: diet.jpg (3MB, 3530x2440px) Image search: [Google]
diet.jpg
3MB, 3530x2440px
I've gained some weight over the last year or so, and I haven't been exercising much due to some injury issues. I'm planning on starting some light exercise now, and I'm changing my diet. Tell me what you think. Prefaced by the fact that I'm kind of poor.

I'm 6' tall, 210 pounds, so the minimum maintenance cals for me is about 2400 cals, if I workout regularly it is 3000+. Back when I was in shape I was ~190 and looking to gain weight and it took about 4000 cals/day.

Daily: ~1/3 pound of ground beef, 8 eggs, 2 slices of bread, about 2 oz of cheese. That gets me to about 1600 cals, 110 g of fat and protein and about 45 g carbs. I'm not giving up beer yet, so that'll get me another 400-600 cals and 60-100 g carbs. I won't be strict about this diet, clearly if I'm factoring in for daily beer. I'll eat occasional pizza, ramen, and mac n cheese. Each week I'll try to have a different vegetable, most likely I'll be eating carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and spinach. Maybe a baked potato sometimes. Essentially I'll have no sweets, and other than the occasional pizza/ramen/mac, no processed food.

One of the biggest reasons for this diet for me is the cost. All food included, it should be $30 or less per week. I'll be eating 5 dozen eggs per week, is that too much? 3 lbs of ground beef, one loaf of bread, 1 lb of cheese.

I know it's an odd diet, but I figure some of you can sympathize, and somebody might have some insight here.
>>
File: 1472237563804.jpg (46KB, 600x589px) Image search: [Google]
1472237563804.jpg
46KB, 600x589px
>>38511507
>I'll eat occasional pizza, ramen, and mac n cheese
Get out. Never come back.
>>
>>38511531
I should've explained that... I have maybe 6 boxes of mac n cheese and 6-8 packages of ramen on hand, simply because they were free. The pizza, I have 4 coupons for free slices at a local place, plus a couple other discount coupons at the same place.
>>
What is your goal? Do want to lose, gain or maintain your weight? Do you want meal suggestions, is your diet already set in stone, what? You wrote a lot but seen to be missing vital basic information.
>>
>>38511545
>6 boxes of mac n cheese, 6-8 packages of ramen for free

Okay? So throw them out...?
>>
>>38511507
oh why stop there? why don't you eat 3 dozen eggs every day? the sky is the limit! ultimate gains!
>>
>>38511507
>>38511545
Not gonna make it. Kill yourself.
>>
>>38511545
give them to your friends
>>
>>38511507
If you eat 5 dozen eggs per week you'll be at risk of having a heart attack in two months, it's way too much cholesterol
>>
>>38511576
So, I think I want to maintain at first, and lose as I start adding in more exercise and cutting back on beer. This diet plan isn't 100% set, though it is what I'll be doing for at least a little while. I know I'll need variety at some point down the line.

Meal suggestions would be great. The reason my plan is what it is, is that eggs here are $5 for 5 dozen, and ground beef is about $3/lb if I DON'T buy bulk. If I do, it might be closer to $2/lb. Cheese at $3/lb.

Generally I want a low carb diet to keep the fat and protein where they need to be, but not full keto. Budget can maybe stretch a little past the $30/week, but not much.
>>
>>38511640
Is this factual? I've heard a lot of recent conflicting evidence on this, recent studies saying dietary cholesterol doesn't impact blood cholesterol.
>>
>>38511661
egg yolks are not that evil but you're eating 60 eggs per week
that's definitely too much there are plenty of cheap protein and fat sources you don't need this
>>
>>38511611
Actually, 2 dozen eggs per day would pretty much hit the calorie mark I'm aiming for. At $2 per day, that's tempting. Is there any reason I shouldn't?

>>38511606
>>38511622
But... Free calories... Poor, remember?
>>
>>38511678
woo! free extra pounds on your belly!
>>
>>38511697
No, if I ate that stuff I'd cut some calories elsewhere out of my diet that day.
>>
File: 1458973307236.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1458973307236.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>38511507
>I'm not giving up beer yet, so that'll get me another 400-600 cals and 60-100 g carbs
>I'll eat occasional pizza, ramen, and mac n cheese

Either do it right or don't even bother
>>
>>38511725
So either eat brown rice, chicken and broccoli and live like a Quaker, or get 100% of my calories from crappy processed junk food? No in between? No occasional snacks, no alcohol? Why even live?

Besides, the primary goal is to save money. The secondary goal is health/weight loss.
>>
File: 1461721612250.png (793KB, 1097x619px) Image search: [Google]
1461721612250.png
793KB, 1097x619px
Pizza, beer, and maybe a vegetable. Why even bother?

Just count calories since your food is all shit anyways.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.