[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you find your inner peace /fit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

File: 6135618283_2e72b5e624_b.jpg (641KB, 1024x769px) Image search: [Google]
6135618283_2e72b5e624_b.jpg
641KB, 1024x769px
How do you find your inner peace /fit/?
>>
>>38502498
I try very hard not to think about myself or my life. I pretty much always have a youtube video or a podcast on so I don't have to be alone with my thoughts.
It's working pretty good so far, except at night
>>
Inner peace is for fags, eternal suffering fueled with anger is where it's at
>>
File: maitreya.jpg (371KB, 1500x1071px) Image search: [Google]
maitreya.jpg
371KB, 1500x1071px
Vipassana meditation.
>>
File: kek.png (728KB, 859x960px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
728KB, 859x960px
>>38502525
>>38502525
Get a load of this 13 year old edgy summerfag
>>
>>38502525

How to I get angry? I've been an apathetic void of emotion for almost my entire life.
>>
Just stop giving a fuck
>>
>>38502498
Depends on the person that's asking desu senpai.
>>
>>38502548
Get betrayed. My GF left me and instead of getting sad I just got increasingly angry and started lifting. I hit 1/2/3/4 within 6 months, I had sports background though. In any case sith lords were right. You'll never lift as hard as you will do when you're mad
>>
By not complaining about things that I can't change. Also by not worrying about tomorrow, because today has enough woes as it is.
>>
By realizing it's all ultimately pointless and we're gonna die one day anyway.
>>
>>38502623
If nothing matters, then it doesn't matter that nothing matters, so you just do what you want, or not, whatever. Just seems best to get the most enjoyment possible, given the circumstances. Nihilism leads to epicurianism and hedonism tbph.
>>
>>38502498
I did it with Khaggavisana sutta:
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/kn/snp/snp.1.03.than.html
>>
>>38502525
Edgelords crash and burn so called "darkness" serves for shit true bad intentions are always done by people who care forthemselves and are egotistical and narcicistic and they barely ever lose their shit about something because well fuck the world I'm fabulous bitch

Now on subject, how do I meditate without falling asleep? after 10 mins I just fall asleep
>>
>>38502834
don't lay down when you do it, sit in a position that is comfortable enough to stay in for a long time, yet uncomfortable enough so that you stay alert and your mind doesn't wander. Now you know why the lotus pose exists.
>>
Alcohol
>>
>>38502848
Can't lotus for shit my hips hurt too much
>>
>>38502498
its really easy, actually

listen

u know the all common advices about confidence, how to get girls etc? they say "act like you have it", right?

same thing
tho now its not to fool anyone. "act like you have it" works, because when you act like you are confident, you learn from external to internal. you are internally connecting to the external algorithm of confidence. and you learn with "instinct", per se.

so, same will go here
act like you have inner peace
just assume that you have inner peace
what would you do, if you had it?
u might be putting some "musts" to find the inner peace, like "this should be like that, then i can have it"
assume that everything you want is happening, happened, will happen
assume that you have inner peace
and continue to your life like that
but dont forget to remind yourself -we are, in a sense, lying to ourselves now-, that you have inner peace, you have everything; and act accordingly

do it long enough
give it a try
>>
>>38502531
This.
>>
>>38503102
Get a proper zafu and try burmese or half lotus.
>>
>>38502498
When I travel alone, it seems.
>>
>>38502498
>buddhism / unserstanding how much attachment affects your personal happiness
>psychedelics (have tried shrooms, L, and mescaline)
>finding pleasure in simple things in life (love, music, and nature)
>exercise

That's it really. It's a shame psychedelics get such a bad rap; they've all but cured me of my general anxiety.
>>
>>38502658
>epicurianism
Epicureanism + meditation = master race
>>
>>38502658
The key is to not be sad that nothing matters, but to be content in the fact that sadness is only temporary.
>>
File: 1465462223574.png (130KB, 281x389px) Image search: [Google]
1465462223574.png
130KB, 281x389px
Inner peace is for retarded faggots. War is the way of life, to struggle is to be alive. To be content or "at peace" is to be stagnant, not improving, unmoving - dead. Stagnation brings nothing but more misery to this world, if you want to enjoy your life, your one shot at existence, live your life dangerously, life your life fully, let your instincts guide you. It took me years to realize that "Achieving inner peace" as I thought at the time only made me more miserable that I ever was before. Falling for the western shit interpretations of buddhism and most modern ways leads only to this.

Read the tripitaka and judge for yourself, interpret the analogies and metaphors attributed to Gautama yourself, it really makes you think, and it paints a totally different image than what faggots on the internet would have you believe - the man was one who challenged himself in everything he did, on a quest of constant overcoming of his previous self, in a continuous battle for improving himself and achieving his ideals. The writings mention it several times over, the path to achievement is that of the noble warrior, the one with the lion's roar. The Son of the Sakya is not someone who would lay down in peace instead of facing his fears - he was a man who set his own values, who chose his own path and who followed through with it to the end, and that's what you should take away from the actual teaching of buddhism, not the milk-and-toast bullshit you see paraded around in the west, like you stupid faggots seem to believe.
>>
>>38502498

Reading the Bible
>>
>>38502517
That's like the exact opposite of meditating
>>
>>38502889
this tb h. drinking half a bottle of wine per evening has become pretty normal.
>>
smoke weed erry day. also browsing /x/ got me into esotericism.
>>
>>38503675
gtfo resident jinxfag
>>
>>38502498
Dimethyltryptamine
>>
>>38505126
That's just some random image of a snappy anime whore to go with the text, I'm not sure who you think I am.
>>
Nothing really matters at all. With that in mind, i stop being afraid to do anything and i can just completely focus on what im about to do. Sounds really dumb/edgy but it works for me.
>>
>>38502517
This is escapism the exact opposite of inner peace
>>
Religion
>>
File: 1458711148314.png (56KB, 356x324px) Image search: [Google]
1458711148314.png
56KB, 356x324px
>>38503675
edgy
I unironically agree though
>>
File: cook3.png (2MB, 1492x1120px) Image search: [Google]
cook3.png
2MB, 1492x1120px
when you realize you don't like girls, you like how they make you feel.
>>
>>38502498
Kundulini yoga
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.