[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you guys ever meet fit people IRL who say the opposite of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: liftheavy.jpg (11KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
liftheavy.jpg
11KB, 299x168px
do you guys ever meet fit people IRL who say the opposite of things you read on here? in that case, whose advice do you take?

> one fit guy I know is a vegetarian, and when I questioned him about protein, he said that Americans get more than enough protein in their regular diets and you don't actually need that much

> another fit guy I know hurt his shoulder but kept going to the gym. he said that it's silly to stop just because you're injured and it will get better eventually

I'm a dumpy looking guy with muscular legs from squatting so I have no right to tell them they're wrong. also, you guys might all look more like me than them so idk who to believe.

have you guys ever met fit people who contradict your internet knowledge? how do you explain this?
>>
>have you guys ever met fit people who contradict your internet knowledge? how do you explain this?
Smile and nod because im not an autist who's going to get bootyblasted over someone being slightly incorrect on lifting technique. If they look better than you and lift more than you then they clearly know something that you don't. /fit/ isn't the tell all of lifting
>>
>>38501763
>If they look better they know more

I hate this meme. 90% if the time it is just because they've been lifting for 2+ years longer than you, of course they'll look better, building muscle is a slow process
>>
>>38501817
not necessarily. Doing SS+ accessories will give you unparalleled strength gains in a few months, but if you only want aesthetics from the start, you're much better off doing PPL or a properly structured split.
>>
>>38501738
you shouldnt listen to the advice of most people both IRL and on /fit/ because most people are clueless dumbfucks who have been lifting for maybe 2 or 3 years and then think they know everything
>>
>>38501763
I didn't mean that I get upset and I definitely am not claiming that I know more than them because I go on 4chan. but yeah, your 2nd sentence answers my question so thanks
>>
>>38501936
yeah but if their lifting is working then shouldn't I trust them? Or is it possible to get fit the wrong way?
>>
Just want to be fit, maybe do some zumba or yogo? Normal American diet probably has enough protein (too much other crap). Want to bench 4, squat 5 and dead 6 plates or more? You are probably going to need to up those protons.
>>
>>38501738

As far as the protein thing goes, maybe his body is better at using smaller amounts of protein. I had a meh diet, occasional fast food, probably 100g of protein a day. I stalled hard. Finally got into the habit of taking clean whey protein every day and now I almost get 200g a day at 185 lbs. My bench went from 170 max to 200 for 8 reps in 4 months.

Everyone's different.
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 540x515px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 540x515px
>>38501738
> another fit guy I know hurt his shoulder but kept going to the gym. he said that it's silly to stop just because you're injured and it will get better eventually

Unless it gets hurt worse because you're doing the same movements with less stability. Some people just deserve the pain they put themselves through I guess
>>
I know a few people IRL who lift, are strong, look good, AND have /fit/-related degrees (medicine, chemistry, biology). I trust them before the internet. And I trust the internet before random roidfags at the gym.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.