[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need Help: Please

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: fat.jpg (82KB, 980x552px) Image search: [Google]
fat.jpg
82KB, 980x552px
Hey,

Sorry to make a thread where people probably say something similar on a near constant basis, but I need some help.

I lost over 100 pounds two years ago, and things were great. Long story short, I ended up getting depressed for one reason or another, and abandoned everything that I had changed for the better. Fast forward to now, and I have gained that weight back and more.

Trying to lift and do cardio again has been fucking with me. My mind thinks I can do more than I'm capable of doing, which leads me to trying to lift more, or run faster, and I'm just ending up getting exhausted and feeling like a failure.

I'm not sure how to start out slow anymore. Any tips to get myself going again? Thanks.

The picture is kinda what I'm looking like now. Shit fucking sucks man. It's so weird though, because I've done it before, I've lost the weight. Just now, doing it again makes me feel like I'll be stuck doing it forever. I dunno what to do.
>>
>>38496343
Dont do any exersice man. Just dont.
That is my advice. Focus 100% of your time in diet, plan it, think about it. Drink lots of water etc. When you see the magic numbers go down, start something light. Walking, light weights etc. Then week after week you slowly increase the rythm.
Have you ever watched dragon ball? Is all about The Roshi method of training. You do one thing until it feels natural and then increase the rythm slowly. The key part about all of this is being constant.
>>
>>38496432
I've been trying to eat at a deficit, but it hasn't really seemed to do much. It's been two months, almost three. I don't think I've lost more than like, ten pounds.

Should I just walk in my neighborhood? There's this hill that goes up a mile long road. Leads to a dead end. Probably a good walk, yeah?

I just feel defeated, I dunno. It's a stupid mindset to have. I just can't shake it.
>>
>>38496343
>>38496549
you have learned nothing from losing that weight prior: you did not learn patience, you did not learn perseverance, and above all you did not learn to love yourself (hurrr push it to the limit)
Re read the sticky, then unfuck yourself from obesemode BEFORE you do cardio.
>>
>>38496606
Now that song is stuck in my head, haha.

Alright! I just needed to hear it from someone. Like, reaffirm what I knew to do in the back of my mind. Thanks!

Tomorrow is a new day, I'm gonna take it slow.
>>
>>38496652
Conquer your mind. Force yourself to go bike for 6 miles a day and then come home and lift. All while counting calories and eating at a deficit. You must learn to control yourself and not give in to temptation.
>>
>>38496698
would you kindly stop giving shit advice? telling him to do cardio WHILE focusing on keeping his diet on point will overextend his still weak willpower. diet first, then when he gets that in check and goes from obese to overweight, then he may do cardio.
>telling fatties to do cardio for weightloss
literally shut the fuck up, cardio is for improving your cardiovascular health.
>>
>>38496652
Shut up, dont say things like " haha tomorrow is a bright day! Im gonna do it Bros!." That mindset will guide you to failure and you will be filled with that defeated mindset again, forming a never ending cicle. Im not telling you to be pessimistic about it. Just be realistic, you will acomplish something if you stick to it. If not then shit, doesnt matter, keep at it. Like I tell you before. You need to have a normal mindset, something that is not positive, nor negative. Is like saying " guys! Im feelings good today!! Im gonna breath!"
>>
>>38496739
>shit advice
I've been doing the same thing for the past 5 months and I've lost ~50lbs. Just because others are weak minded doesn't mean I'm not gonna give advice that has worked for me. Nigger
>>
>>38496836
wow a whole five months? somebody give this guy a fucking medal
t.guy who lost the excess poundage and kept it off for three years
>>
>>38496343
Starting out slow allows you to build good habits.
Concentrating heavily on fixing your diet and a nice 20 minute walk each day is typically a great way to begin.
>>
>>38496895
lol can't really argue with people this dumb. Just because I've only been doing it for 5 months doesn't mean that I have to continue doing it. I'm at my goal weight now. My entire point was that it worked for me and it will work for him he he wants to go ham with it.
>>
>>38496960
>My entire point was that it worked for me and it will work for him he he wants to go ham with it.
my point is that it is not sustainable and will not teach and build in him the things he must possess to keep this lifestyle up even if shit gets tough(er), but okay whatever it "worked for you"
>implying it will last
>implying you can keep it up when you face other real life problems aside from losing weight
just don't drag others down with your stupidity
>doing things for five months
>thinks he's an expert
this board I swear
>>
>>38497003
>implying this much shit
I never claimed to be an expert. And if you think that biking for 6 miles a day is a hard thing to keep up with then I really don't even know why I'm typing this shit tbhfampai.
>>
>>38497058
>And if you think that biking for 6 miles a day is a hard thing to keep up with
Read the OP you nigger. I think it's safe to assume that OP is a weak-willed faggot. Not everyone can be an iron-willed badass like you. What's applicable to a special snowflake (You) is probably not applicable to OP
>>
>>38497145
Thanks for all the (You)'s and compliments senpai.
>>
>>38496343
just do it
>>
I got it. I can do it, for real. It just sucks being less mobile and shit. My brain thinks I weigh a hundred pounds less. I still wanna do stuff I did in the gym then, except my knee will give out and yeah, I'm a mess.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.