[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 29

File: capture.png (8KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
capture.png
8KB, 284x177px
Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

I know cardio kills gains but if cutting it out is not an option what's the solution? Do I just have to eat A LOT to keep my gains alive?
>>
>>38486533
Why cutting is not an option? Just eat below maintenance.
>>
Is SS actually good or a meme?

I've lost weight via dieting and am now skinnyfat and want to lift. Am losing my gym virginity tomorrow.

Don't know what routine to do.
>>
>>38486604
Start with SS and if you don't think it's effective enough for you, look for a different routine.
>>
>>38486585
Cutting is an option, but I'm not tryna cut I'm tryna gain mass
>>
How the fuck do I into neck gains?
>>
>>38486604
If you wanna do SS properly you gotta read the book
>>
Is my asthma medication going to help me with fat-loss?
>>
i have 2 5kg dumbbells lying around, can anyone give me a workout routine to get started on? dont have access to a gym right now
>>
I have a year before I get access to a gym when I transfer to uni and get a free membership.
Can't afford a membership until then.
Can I make any progress at all if I keep up my bodyweight routines?
Will a years worth of body weight and curling book bags do anything?
I've been "lifting" for 2 months, and I've definitely seen progress but I might hit my limit fast and have an underdeveloped chest.
>>
>>38486997
Squats for legs
Over head press for traps and shoulders and a little bit of tris
curls for biceps
If you have a bench then bench press for chest, if no bench then lying pullover for chest.

Pushups and chin/pullups are also great exercises you should add if keen.

5kg dumbells aren't much, so go until failure for each exercise with the dumbells. do 3 or 5 sets depending on how good you think you are. Rest 3+ minutes between sets to failure.
>>
I cant find the motivation to lift today
I got a back workout planned but i cant...muster the will to go to the gym

I want to fuck, i havent busted a nut for so long and lifting isnt getting me any closer to this goal.
How the fuck do i find motivation?
>>
File: tmp_29765-BmsCTYul1032323680.jpg (84KB, 494x640px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_29765-BmsCTYul1032323680.jpg
84KB, 494x640px
What do you guys think of the diet advice on fa?

Full advice: http://m.imgur.com/a/kdIyE
>>
>>38487151
Eat a pizza, snack some chocolate watch a movie and drink some coke
>>
>>38487234
P sure carrots aren't starchy carbs
Also coffee is good for the liver
>>
total noob skelly here, let me just summarise what i understand, correct me if i'm wrong

1. eat A LOT
2. get fat
3. SS until not fat

repeat

is this the gist of it??

also secondary question, can I just spam soda and junk food etc to get fat? I'm 20 so my body can take it. I have a tiny appetite otherwise, those seem like quick calories

ANSWERS REALLY APPRECIATED!!11
>>
>>38487368
Get fat while doing SS, not before
>>
>>38486533
I can't do regular squats because of my bell is it alright to do sumo squats and still see gains.
>>
>>38487409
oh WUT. sticky said something about hitting 15% bodyfat then lifting? im literally 2% bf right now.

so basically its

1. eat A LOT, get fat and SS at same time
and repeat?

what was that I read about bulking and cutting season and etc? im confus. thank you so far btw
>>
Is the "becoming a supple leopard" book in the Mobility WOD link on the sticky worth getting?
>>
Is it better to drink 3L water over the entire day or is it ok if i drink it in one hour?
I always forget to drink enough so its better for me to just drink it in one sitting.
>>
>>38487570
your body can only hold a maximum of 2.5l, any more and you piss it out
>>
File: 20160828_101930.jpg (869KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160828_101930.jpg
869KB, 2560x1440px
I've read the entirety of the sticky and i plan to start lifting at least 3 days a week, but I'm still confused. Should i start clean bulking to gain weight, or just eat at maintenence while lifting? Currently 6 foot, 165 pounds eating ~1500 calories a day to stay at that weight.
>>
>>38487664
Ok, thanks
>>
>>38487528
YES great for lifters entering intermediate stage, now starting to push their horribly immobile bodies
>>
>>38487470
I have the same question. What's all this about bulking/cutting season if we just eat and lift all year long?
>>
Will being a toe walker affect my legs long term? Feel real pain in my shins. I think its cause of a short achilles tendon
>>
>>38486533
cardio killing gains comes from it burning further calories
since classic bulking means having a caloric surplus, you would have to eat enough calories to be over your tdee and calories spent from cardio and training.
i guess theres no other way
>>
>>38487234
>http://m.imgur.com/a/kdIyE
seems pretty solid, certainly well rounded, focuses on important things allover, but doesnt get overly scientific.
i dont really enjoy prohibiting things, such as not eating red meat or bread at all. As far as calories and nutrient spread you should be able to eat anything, as long as its properly portioned
Although, since its advice for the fashion niche i guess its acceptable to prohibit this sort of stuff since i never looked into the impact of those things to your skin and hair w/e
(coffee does fuck up your skin apparently, doesnt matter how healthy it may be)
>>
>>38487470
>>38487796
first off you are certainly not 2% bf, really. if you were, you would be at serious health risk and should be able to see abs and muscle striations and whatever

the idea for SS for beginners is to increase muscle mass. for that you must lift and eat enough calories for you to have a caloric surplus, which means eating enough to cover your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), the calories you spend training, and a bit more so you actually increase in weight (200 - 500 kcals is what i would reccommend)
eating a caloric surplus is a bulk, you increase muscle mass and end up colaterally increasing in fat
(you also need to eat enough proteins, micronutrients and stuff for it to work)
for that fat to go away and you turn into a SHREDDED CUNT you gotta cut, which means you still lift, but you eat calories at a caloric deficit, so you have to burn fat

>numerical example
>me, at 185cm and 85kg
TDEE: 2,962 kcal (got from a random tdee calculator on the internet
bulking: 2,962 + 300 = 3262kcal
cutting: 2,962 - 300 = 2662kcal
>>
I have been following starting strength from july and made some decent strength increases, I joined a Gym and went every morning. there was only one squat rack there but I had acess to it because the gym was empty.

I have now started working and now goto the gym after work int he evening, as going in the morning is no longer an option. THat squat rack and the two barbells are in constant use, to use them i'd have to wait ages, and even when i do people want to use them between my sets, which is pain in the ass. A routine which took me ~40 minutes is now taking an hour and a half sue to waiting around. I only have a one month membership left at this gym and want to join one that better equipped, my dilema now is I can no longer afford to do barbell work at this gym, so what would you reccomend?

I have acess to a full range of resistance machines and a decent set of dubells which increase in 2kg incraments. My issue with the dumbells is I cannot use them to do a SS type programme because I cannot modify the weight on them and therefore cannot follow a linear progression.

Can anyone reccomend me a good routine I can follow, one which perhaps wont have the great results like SS, but will atleast give me some results for the next month?
>>
>>38488240
>even when i do people want to use them between my sets, which is pain in the ass
Tough titty. That's life in commercial gyms.
>>
>>38488240
honestly, just wait it out.

ask to work in, bring a book to read while you wait for the brain gains.

if your time is REALLY REALLY REALLY fucking important (which it isn't, because you're on /fit/), then try this

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/zc0uy/a_beginner_dumbbell_program_the_dumbbell_stopgap/

fucking /fit/ shits on reddit but its a reasonable dumbbell program.
>>
Can I do one plank at a time to failure several times throughout the day, or would it be better to do sets of multiple reps fewer times a day?
>>
what do you guys reckon would be a decent macronutrient split while clean bulking? ive been working with 50%/25%/25% carbs fats protein, which amounts to 200g protein, but i always end up spending my fats early in the day and lacking carbs
would switching to 45/30/25 fuck up something or is it fine?
>>
>>38488313
>bring a book to read

This. I'm really impatient so if I don't bring a book I have trouble waiting for people, and I don't take enough time resting between sets.

Get the cheapest type of Kindle and pirate all the books you've ever wanted to read.
>>
Are there any reliable ways to exted your penis dimensions without any damage or ED?
7.5X5.75, but I want to ascend to god levels of 8X6
Links to exercises would be appreciated.
>>
Are pushups better with chest touching the ground, or chest remaining elevated to prevent yourself from falling flat?
>>
What whey powder should I get?
I want one without any chemicals or anything in it. Just raw powder. Protein content has to be reasonable, but I am more concerned about the harmful metals in it.
>>
Hey guys,

every time I do dips, I get intense pain in the middle of my breast around the sternum after finishing my reps (3x10). Why is this? It doesn't feel like muscle pain at all, more like stress of the bone framework.
>>
File: fokin hairstyle.jpg (647KB, 1090x976px) Image search: [Google]
fokin hairstyle.jpg
647KB, 1090x976px
Had my viking summer, now I intend to part with my glorious mane and am in dire need of hairstyle suggestions.

>inb4 trim that fuckin stubble
Pics were taken after 5 days of seaside camping, what the fuck would you expect
>>
So what do you ACTUALLY eat? I know that I should be eating chicken, eggs, vegetables, fruit, but like what meals and dishes do you actually make out of this small range of foods and when do you have them?

I'd love if someone could tell me exactly what they ate today or yesterday and at what times; what they had for breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc.
>>
>>38488619
http://m.imgur.com/a/5nbmA
You're welcome
>>
>>38488619
It probably isn't the most balanced but I usually make a huge pot of chili/pasta/stew (you get the idea) and just eat that until it runs out. If I'm feeling frisky I'll have a few pbj or some oatmeal throughout the day, maybe some eggs for dinner. I try to make meals where I can make a lot at once but it has a lot of ingredients so hopefully I'm not missing too many nutrients.
>>
>>38488619
uh you dont need to limit to only that yknow
you can eat fish, red meat, any sort of bean, rice, bread
>>
>>38488683
>rice
on that subject: does it have to be brown? why?
>bread
I've heard conflicting information about that
>>
>>38488619
+breakfast: oatmeal, little bit of honey, milk, 1/3 scoop whey
lunch: sandwich (3~4 slices turkey, slice o cheese, tortilla because >bread), some greek yogurt, piece of fruit
dinner: if not leftovers, then i cook 2~2.5 pounds of meat with a can of kidney beans and a can/handful of veggies. lasts 4 days minimum
or i cook fish or someting not so simple
>>
>>38488726
Not him but the difference between brown and white rice is negligible. Eat what you like better. As far as bread goes, the only people who speak against it are moms on facebook who claim 90% of foods are going to give everyone cancer.
>>
I'm about 5 ft 10 and 236lb and on a 2000 kcal cut, lifting 3 times a week and doing cardio 2 times (1hr on the bike, burning about 800 kcal if my suunto is telling me right). I feel like shit, tired and hungry. Should I eat more? How much?
>>
Last week I strained my middle deltoid, and i've been staying out of the gym to take it easy since.
While moving my arm doesn't hurt much, there are still a areas that hurt when my arm is moved around there (generally over my head)
Aside from doing some light rehab exercises, is there anything else I can do? Should I wait until I have no more pain before going back and doing my workouts? Could I do my splits with lighter weight just to keep active?
Its only been a week but no lifting is getting to me. I feel humanity returning
>>
>>38488852
You should only be eating 500 calories under your TDEE. Any less than that and you'll lose muscle.
>>
>>38488380
honestly no

just deal with it

im 4.7x5.2 but whatever

shitty genetics
>>
>>38487667
Please someone respond
>>
>>38487667
eat maintenance while lifting. do a recomp.

get in 80% of your bodyweight in protein in grams

so if you weigh 140 pounds, get 110 grams of protein in

when you start stalling bump up the calories. you shouldn't stall for a while though.
>>
>>38488852
Plow through it. It will not get easier per se, you'll simply acclimatize your body to the new conditions it has to live under.

>t. lardball who went on strict 1500cal diet for 6months. Best decision of my life.
>>
>>38488937
Thank you so much. Is there a specific routine on the sticky you reccomend? SS? I weigh 165lbs so i should get ~140ish g of protien? Also how many calories should i be eating?
>>
>>38488982
eat at your TDEE. I don't know what it is, use a calculator

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

It'll be different for everyone : for the first two weeks monitor your weight. if you lose weight, add 100 calories to your diet, if you gain weight, minus 100 calories. Repeat until you dont lose or gain weight at all. You have calculated your TDEE

Honestly, 140g should be okay. maybe get a bit more in.

SL 5x5 or SS should be okay. The important thing is you start lifting.
>>
I got Osgood-Schlatters when I turned 16.
Now it's a few years later and my knee still hurts like shit when I try to do squats. What the hell am I supposed to for legs besides Leg Press/Curl and calf raises?
>>
>>38488900
Thanks a lot! I guess I'll get 2-300 more and let them be protein.
>>
>>38489019
You dont realize how much of a help you've been, thanks.
>>
File: 1471476581581.jpg (75KB, 720x1081px) Image search: [Google]
1471476581581.jpg
75KB, 720x1081px
If I have lost weight with a TDEE, should I update my calorie intake after some kilograms?

I was eating 1100 but my new tdee indicates to eat 1000 cals a day, I'm not so sure about that
>>
>>38488726
brown rice has a lower glicemic index, so its absorbed slower by the body
this amounts to giving you a fuller sensation and should help if youre diabetic, not much else
>>
Doing ss. Want to start alternating between front and back squats. Would front squats on deadlift day n back squats on power clean day be good or the other way around?
>>
File: 1437925922811.png (188KB, 335x347px) Image search: [Google]
1437925922811.png
188KB, 335x347px
Is it viable to bench/squat/deadlift heavier than your usual working set once a week? Like instead of benching your working set 3x5 you bench heavy as you can for like 3x1?
>>
>>38489693
That's basically a half-assed texas method, man.
>>
I'm on a linear progression and doing nice progress on weighted chinups. Around what weight will I be able to do one handed chinups?
My answer would be when I can add my bodyweight to the chinup but I see more people doing one handed chins than doing +70 kg ones. Do any of you have experience on this?
>>
Just found this site

http://www.twohundredsitups.com/

Is it legit? Just finished the initial test. Only managed to do 14. Should i follow the program strictly? I'm thinking of ditching the rest day and compress two week course into one week. Will it hurt my muscle? I'm overweight with 29.3 BMI btw.
>>
>>38486533
I got a nice square jaw and high cheek bones but I got puffy/fatty cheeks
how do I fix this? I'm not higher than 15% bf, probs 14 right now
>>
Is there anything bad about eating 1 meal a day instead of 3 meals a day as long as I eat the same amount of calories?
>>
Whats a good way to start working on cardio?
>>
>>38486533
Posting on both QTDDTOT because I can't tell which is active:
all 5x5 except diddly 1x5
Press:125 lbs.
Bench: 175 lbs.
Squat: 225 lbs.
Diddly: 335 lbs.

I am continuously progressing in all of my lifts except for my squat. Anything 200+ lbs. gives me a bad pain in my right hip aductor, right in the crease of my right leg/pubis. It started at lock out, and now also hurts at the bottom of the movement. I have been doing daily mobility exercises and do well to stretch before and after. Resistance bands not an option atm because home gym and no job. Also that means I'm working with just a power rack so any replacement exercise would have to be done with a barbell.

I've deloaded and worked back up multiple times but it nothing seems to help. What do /fit/
>>
Recently I had some guys give me shit because I'll use Rockstar as a caffeine source on race day mornings (I'm a bicycle road racer). Why would they do that? Coffee upsets my digestion if I'm going to go work hard on the bike in a road race for a few hours, and frankly Rockstar seems to get me going better than coffee does anyway. If I'm only using them once a week on weeks when I'm racing, how bad could they really be for me? Seriously, it's not like I drink them at any other time.
>>
>>38492927
Just tell them to fuck off I'd they don't want to feel like a rockstar
>>
>>38492922
Switch to front squats

>>38491998
Might have more GI distress. Better for insulin sensitivity though
>>
Maybe this deserves it's own thread, I dunno. I'm finally taking fitness seriously and I'm curious how much /fit/izens pay per month for a gym membership?
>>
File: Target-Muscle-Groups.jpg (773KB, 620x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Target-Muscle-Groups.jpg
773KB, 620x2200px
Is this reliable?
>>
>>38488540
I get this as well sometimes someone respond to this
>>
>>38488415
I'm not familiar with metal content of whey, but whey isolate has the greatest amount of protein per serving.
>>
>>38488240
>going in the morning is no longer an option
why not?
>>
>>38492922
>>38493045
What would replace 3 in 1/2/3/4 for front squats?
>>
>>38493088
No it's mediocre

>>38493128
It's fucking up your cartilage just don't do dips

>>38493155
1/2/3/4 is dumb just make progress and don't be a pussy
>>
>>38489637
>>38492572
Yes. You got it.
>>
>>38486533
when you do barbell shrugs should you scalpulate your shoulders
>>
What is a good pre workout supplement available in Europe? What should a good pre workout contain?
>>
>>38493919
coffee

140mg seems to be enough for me atm, other day took 180mg and felt like I had sniffed coke
>>
>>38493491
Gracias
>>
File: 17dh8171-l.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
17dh8171-l.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
Hi my mum gave my pic related and a barbell ,how to make the best of them?
>>
>>38494034
Sell for scrap, use money to get gym membership.
>>
To what extent does OHP work your chest? Is it primarily upper chest?

Bonus question if anyone wants to have a shot. I can OHP 50kg for 6 reps, what should my bench 5RM be?
>>
>>38494034
Throw aside, use only the barbell
>>
How do I work out my penis? I need more muscle
>>
>>38486813
headbang
no shit, im not fucking kidding you, look up corey taylor and corpsegrinder, they have fucking huge necks
also if you want to look like a huge retard you can do neck iso
>>
>>38488546
>viking hairstyle
wew lad
>suggestions
cant go wrong with a high and tight or something like a recon cut. I went from shaved sides and 28 in on the top to recon cut and it was still pretty nice
>>
>>38486533
I've gone from 188 lbs to 183 lbs at 6ft2 over a period of 8 weeks, having my weight loss being about .625 pounds per week. I know that's on point with my TDEE - 500 I've been doing. But I wonder if that's not fast enough? I know the sticky says to not starve yourself by dropping 1000 kcals off your TDEE, but I'm wanting to hit my goal BF% before I do my first bulk. At this rate it'll be 3 to 4 months before I hit that goal and even bulk.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I on the right path?
>>
File: 1448576082642.jpg (42KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1448576082642.jpg
42KB, 500x400px
I'm 15 lbs above my goal weight, I'm cutting. I want to just reach my goal so I can bulk again.

What if I walk every day until I burn 500 kcals? If I don't eat the kcals back and I keep dieting I should stay at a easy 800-1000 deficit without eating like a little bird and be over with it fast.
>>
>>38494723
>about .625 pounds per week. I know that's on point with my TDEE - 500
TDEE - 500 = 1 lb/week
>>
is there a difference between these exercises:

standing ohp and seated ohp (other than one is done sitting)

barbell deadlifts vs trap bar deadlifts
>>
Does anyone else make /fit/ cottage cheese ice cream? (some variation of cottage cheese, peanut butter, +/- brotein powder, sweetner, etc)

I'd like to make ti in advance but the shit starts freezing solid in like, 3 hours. Would this be mitigated with an ice cream machine?
>>
File: Untitledl.png (2MB, 1098x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Untitledl.png
2MB, 1098x1186px
how do I get arms like these?
>>
Is there a good tool for working out macros, calories, etc about, or do I just have to do it the hard way with product labels and shit?

I'd love something like a basic /fit/ meal plan if one exists too
>>
>>38495347
>I'd love something like a basic /fit/ meal plan if one exists too

You're in luck! There is a basic /fit/ meal plan readily available to you! It's called the FUCKING STICKY
>>
>>38495123
ah, so I've been fucking up on my calc then eh?

thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>38495326
dont cut ever
>>
>>38495326
Lol
>>
>>38495384
The sticky has great advice on macros and what's good and bad, I'm talking more like a specific day by day, portion by portion meal plan for the ideal /fit/fag that you could scale up or down etc. Maybe I'll just search the archive for something
>>
Which is better for continual progression; 45 degree back extension or flat?

Gym has two, I just don't know which one to go with for prost development
>>
File: 1472239087892.jpg (197KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
1472239087892.jpg
197KB, 760x596px
Wait can I make my protein shakes in advance to save the 60 seconds it takes to make them?

I mean if I make 6 and store them in the fridge it would be ez mode
>>
>>38486533
I get buttwink whenever I squat, so my hips extend too far back and curves my spine. How can I fix this?
>>
When doing wide grip bench press I mainly feel it in my wrists more than anywhere else and have even resorted to using wrist supports. Is this a form issue/too much weight? Or is this normal for wide grip
>>
I have been told wrist curls will be the death of sensation in my hands.

What else can I do for forearms?
>>
Starting a bulk once September starts, what's a good bulking routine? I've done SS in the past and I don't love it. I was thinking of doing PHUL.

Also, any general bulking tips? I've got a 1250cal shake for breakfast, my goal is ~3000 daily. Probably a little less.
>>
>>38495788
farmers walks

>>38495784
are your elbows flaring out when you bench?

You shouldn't be feeling it in your wrist at all
>>
I've gotten Pharyngitis
Can I go lifting with it? Does lifting worsen it?
>>
I'm 185lbs of flab, and started going to the gym. I was wondering if I should cut a little first, then bulk, then cut again, or if I should go straight into bulking then cut later?
>>
>>38495998

Cut to 10%~ then bulk or eat at a slight deficit

you'll make strength gains as a newfag
>>
File: just.jpg (96KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
96KB, 720x960px
Can I get a bf estimate? I'm clueless because I store all my fat on the lovehandles but I'd say what, around 14? so desperate to reach 10%

177cm 71.6kg
>>
When I lift I tend to get really, really tight forearms, essentially meaning I can barely lift towards the end of my routine due to a loss of control in them/pain. Any idea what causes that? (Usually bicep or bank workouts cause it)
>>
>>38486533
I think someone is sabotaging by weights.

I usually OHP 30kg (yes I am a newb), but recently it's felt lighter than 30kg.

Who would be sabotaging them, and why?
>>
>>38496146

Gains goblins for the lulz.

You probably just hit the point where your body adjusted to the weight.

I struggled with 3 x 10 60 pound (28 kg?) curls for 2 weeks and then could suddenly fire them off without a sweat. Just putting the babby weights on for another 5 pounds was enough to make 3 x 10 straining again.
>>
>>38496119
....weak forearms, work on your forearms....
>>
>>38496106
who the fuck cares pick up a weight spooker
>>
>>38496227
my lifts are past intermediate
>>
>>38486533
Will half and half fuck intermittent fasting? How about milk? Going to start using milk when this carton of half and half goes bad.
>>
>>38487234
also pasta is actually pretty low on the glycemic index
>>
Getting back into lifting tomorrow. Haven't lifted in years. When I did, I did SS but I was thinking of going with SL this time. Does it really matter which one I choose?
>>
File: 1471668848146.jpg (38KB, 593x788px) Image search: [Google]
1471668848146.jpg
38KB, 593x788px
>>38496252
>Goes bad
Fuck I'm retard. Meant runs out. Got like 2 days left of it
>>
>>38487667
ur gonna lose weight at 1500
>>
>>38496252
They both have calories, so you wouldn't be fasting if you ingested them. Only black coffee if you want to do it right. That said, when I was trying IF, I had heavy cream in my coffee every morning and made it til dinner without getting hungry.
>>
if I vape can I still make it?
>>
>>38496302
I've been losing a half lb a day consistently for a week after stalling for a while so I guess I'll just keep at it. Since milk is moderately less calories dense I guess it won't kill me
>>
I've been lifting without a coherent plan for 3 months and haven't seen the gains that I could have, finally decided to use stronglifts 5x5. What will the program do for me in terms of size and strength? I have experience doing all the compound lifts.

Also what's up with the low deadlift volume on stronglifts (1x5)? Why not just do 5x5?

Also anyone have recs for a belt and squat shoes for a relative dyel?
>>
>>38486533
Are barbell rows a good enough substitute for deadlifts?
>>
>>38496475
Why can't you deadlift?
>>
>>38496486
College gym has nowhere to do so.
>>
Any problems with drinking an energy drink during my routine?

Usually I drink water but I'm super tired and about to workout. Pic related.
>>
how can I go from going to sleep at 4am to 23 pm(22 would be goat but I doubt I can ever reach it)? I want to start getting up early

Was thinking of trying to sleep 30mins earlier everyday but no idea, any of you got any tips?
>>
>>38496510
wouldnt this lead you to a panic attack or some shit?

anyways, just drink coffee around 30mins before lifting and go have fun
>>
I seem to have plateaued my traps with Shoulder Shrugs. What else will build joocy traps?
>>
>>38496532
Deadlifts
>>
>>38496510
Isn't that stuff bad for your liver? I mean obviously it's a money sink and would be better if you didn't but if it gets you to the gym then get your ass some monster.
>>
>>38496528
>>38496554
I don't drink and rarely take pain medication so I'm not really worried about my liver. Don't like coffee or tea either.

I'll just pick one up after the gym since I gotta stay up anyway. Thanks.
>>
>>38496267

No

>>38496340

Yes
>>
>>38496508
Nobody reading the CBT?
>>
Haven't lifted in about a year due to a spinal injury and I'm just getting back into the gym. I've become kind of a fat fuck (5'10 190lb) so I'm now back to lifting and eating clean and at a deficit.

The issue is my lifts are SHIT now. Is it true that it's faster to regain gains you already made before or is that broscience? Also, will I be able to improve at all on this hard cut? Basically eating nothing but plain chicken breast and vegetables.
>>
>>38496677
>plain chicken breast

I mean just cause you want to eat clean doesn't mean you have to eat plain chicken breast; sounds needlessly unenjoyable
>>
I'm a fat fuck who's TDEE is 3526 sedentary (6'5" at 326lb). Would there be anything wrong with eating at a deficit of 1,200kcal?

The sticky suggests something closer to 800kcal, but I figured with as much weight as I have, cutting down more wouldn't be too bad a problem.
>>
>>38497168
The only risk of doing deep deficit cutting is muscle loss. And yes, underneath that fat gelataneous mess you call a body, there is muscle, and you go deep, even while you are still fat, you risk burning it along with your fat.

I've done deep deficit before. Monitor your protein and make sure you are getting at least 1g per lb to kinda stave that off.
>>
Is it possible to get fit but also be submissive and have a bully bf?
>>
what do they actually mean by more volume = more gains?

i thought the best range of reps for hypertrophy was 3-5
>>
>>38497572

The actual rep range doesn't seem to matter that much compared to the overall amount of work done. More work = more gains (provided, naturally, that you can recover properly and stay uninjured).
>>
Whats a good rep//set scheme for farmer walks? How long should you hold it for and how many sets of that length is good?
>>
>>38497867

Anywhere between 15 and 50 metres works in my experience. 3-5 trips to start with, add more if its not killing your recovery.
>>
best 4 day routine? push/pull or upper/lower?
>>
>>38497168
Woah there sailor, where'd you get 3500 from? Your TDEE is closer to 3100.

And I would recommend this to prevent yourself from burning out: start with a 500 calorie deficit for 2 weeks, then bump it up to 800, then to 1000. Deficit greater than 1000 calories tend to get pretty dangerous since you shouldn't cut more than 35% of your daily intake. More than that and your body starts getting a little screwy.
>>
>>38486533
How much sleep do we actually need?
>>
Fattie trying to make it.

As long as I stay whitin 1800 kcal, does it matter how much kcal each meal contains if I want to cut?
I usually eat around 800 kcal for breakfast and lunch together, so that I can binge on dinner (whitin the limits).
Will this fuck up my wheight loss? Should I eat the same amount of calories on all meals (600) or can I continue to go like this?
I love the feeling of being full so I figured that this, combined by eating lean meats and shitloads of veggies would do it.
>>
>>38498693
Within the day is more precision than required. You can look at it as a weekly total if that feels better.

You might check out intermittent fasting. Save all those calories for two meals, or one very satisfying meal. I found putting off the first meal easy. I didn't get hungry until I ate something.
>>
File: Starvation.jpg (67KB, 536x529px) Image search: [Google]
Starvation.jpg
67KB, 536x529px
>>38498693
>>As long as I stay whitin 1800 kcal, does it matter how much kcal each meal contains if I want to cut?

yes, it matters. the more time in between your meals, the more likely your body is to burn fat.

>>38498268
>Your TDEE is closer to 3100.
>And I would recommend this to prevent yourself from burning out: start with a 500 calorie deficit for 2 weeks, then bump it up to 800, then to 1000. Deficit greater than 1000 calories tend to get pretty dangerous

yeah obviously he should eat 2600 calories to lose weight. stop fucking posting lol.
>>
File: 1418271020379.png (184KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1418271020379.png
184KB, 500x377px
My weiner is 5.5" bone pressed and 5.2" in circumference

is this enough to please a woman? I'm more concerned with girth.

Also, is there an Starting Strength equivalent for sex?

btw im a virgin XD
>>
80kg deadlift
50kg squat
45kg bench

First workout at the gym today. Are these good numbers for a first day? I probably could have gotten higher on squats but didn't want to fuck up my form
>>
>>38498770
It doesn't matter.

Listen up - on your first day, you should do a weight you know you can do with good form and with ease.

That way you can start linear progression while maintaining good form.
>>
>>38498717
>intermittent fasting

I'll try that out. But if I do it, would coffee count as breaking it? I read somewhere that a cup with a tablespoon of low-fat milk contained roughly 15 kcal and I drink atleast two before I leave the dorm.
>>
>>38498776
Strictly speaking, milk "breaks the fast" but shit, I had coffee with 100 kcals of heavy cream every morning, but I still didn't get hungry til dinnertime, which is the whole point for me.
>>
>>38498770
The first two months are about getting a routine and good form, not about the amount of wheight you can lift/pull.
Do not be ashamed of using an empty bar the first time, except for deadlifts where you can't do it with proper form whith an empty bar.
>>
>>38498788
Cheers mate, I'll start tomorrow since I've already eaten breakfast today.
>>
what are some good exercises to complement SL for the purpose of arm wrestling
>>
It's around 2 weeks I'm not gaining weight anymore. How many kcals do I add? 50? 100?
>>
>>38498838
forgot to add, my objective is to gain around but not more than a pound per week
>>
Is there a point to taking creatine while on an ec stack and doing keto? Took some to start loading and I can feel my heart smashing against my chest.
>>
>>38498838
>>38498881
500 kcals/day = 3500/week = 1 lb. Titrate to effect.
>>
Should I start using straps for deadlifts?
I have a visible imbalance in my back from using mixed grip. Been trying hook grip for a few weeks now but it's so painful I cant do many reps. Switching sides for mixed grip sucks too.
I can lift 3 plates double overhand for a few reps, it beyond that it's too heavy.
>>
Hey /fit/
Minutes ago, finishing my ab workout, I wanted to try some windshield leg raise on an iron gym. Not my brightest idea, the inevitable happened: the bar dislodged an I fell like a pile of shit on my back and neck.
Since I had been working out for an hour, I didn't (and still don't) feel any real pain. Had light trouble breathing for the first few seconds, that's all.
What can I do now to prevent any injuries or any bad stuff? I mean I didn't break anything, I just kinda still feel off from the shock, but any advice?
Thanks!
>>
What's a good way to stop being so damn sore from work? 4 days a week and I feel like I wanna die.
>>
>>38498995
consistently exercise and you stop getting sore
>>
>>38499000
It's not the muscles that get me, it's aches in my feet and hands that get me. I do stocking at a warehouse store and it's a lot of reaching and bending.
>>
>>38486533
Years of too much computer use have fucked up my posture, and its starting to cause other problems (my jaw, for instance)
How would i go about correcting my posture? I find my head now natrually hangs far further forward than my shoulders.
>>
How reliable is BMR? I used an online calculator and it said that I burn around 2500 calories per 24 hours while at rest. I don't know though, that seems pretty high.
>>
What if I don't make it?
>>
>>38498741
>arguing about meal timing
>saying I should stop posting

lol

but seriously, did you even read my post? Fatties instantly cutting 1000 calories out can get burnt out fast. Easing into it helps.
>>
>>38499060
Is it Symmetric Strength?
2500 is high but possible either if you're overweight as fuck, or very tall and very muscular, or working hard labors...
>>
>>38499017
There's not much you can do. Supportive shoes and stretching is the best you've got.
>>
>>38499017
Wear better shoes/soles.
When I was working as a technichan on buildingsites we where required to use company approved steel toe shoes.
They played hell on my heels and knees from the lack of correct padding. Switching out the soles did the trick.
>>
How much exercise can you do before it becomes detrimental to your health?

For example, I want to swim fro 45 mins in the morning, lift for an hour around midday and then run in the afternoon. i wouldn't be doing this everyday but I'd probably aim for 4 or 5 days a week.
>>
>>38499280

Depends on the person. A lot of this is down to what they're doing, what they've built up to and how they're managing their recovery outside of the gym.

But plenty of people have lasted for decades just fine on more than that.
>>
>>38499288
Yeah, makes sense. It's frustrating because if you google this stuff you get all sorts of bullshit about rest days. As if a healthy 22 year old male like me needs to put aside entire days where I do almost nothing in order to 'recover'
>>
I've got a bit chub/skinnyfat since I started lifting about 6 months ago. I haven't been doing any cardio and I've been eating a calorie surplus.

I'm going to start doing cardio from today. Could I get some advice on:

>where it should fit into my workout? (Before or after?)

>how much I can do before I'm sacrificing gains?

Thanks in advance
>>
>>38498973
Shameless self bump.
Now that my muscle have cooled off, I kinda can feel the pain in my neck, shoulders and back. Any tips?
>>
>>38486813
neck harness
>>
>>38487234
>muh starches are bad
>>
File: fit gslp.png (37KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
fit gslp.png
37KB, 700x600px
>>38487667
>>38488982
>>38489070

do what he said for diet.
Do Greyskull LP. SS and SL are not ideal if you also want aesthetics
>>
>>38496246
sure
>>
I'm thinking of buying knee sleeves so i can wear them around and they keep my knees warm (my knees getting pretty painful lately). Maybe i might wear them when i squat as well. Is there any reason NOT to buy em?
>>
Does lmao1pl8 mean one plate on either side of the bar?
>>
File: 1445717353454.jpg (34KB, 400x398px) Image search: [Google]
1445717353454.jpg
34KB, 400x398px
>>38496222
But I don't want to.
>>
>>38499934
yes
>>
I wanna add tricep dips to my workouts, but since people always say don't do more than 12 reps for strength does that count for bodyweight exercises like dips also?
>>
If I've stopped getting DOMS does that mean my muscles aren't developing/ I'm not working hard enough?
>>
I've been working out for a couple years and lost 110 pounds, but for the past two months I've been stuck at and around 197 at 6'6 with the small remnants of my gut and moobs, but no matter what I do I can't lost the last bit of weight and get rid of the moobs, its like I'm permanently stuck at 197 pounds or more. I was doing IF but it didn't drop weight like it used to, and I was afraid I'd hurt my metabolism or something psuedo-science like that. I just don't know, what do I do fit you're my only hope.
>>
>>38500141
DOMS mean that your muscles weren't used to work.

Just make sure you feel your muscles during / shortly after your workout and that you use a weight that you can't do too many reps with.
>>
>>38500179
Thanks bby
>>
>>38488546
bump
>>
I always weigh more when I trained the day before and weigh ~1lbs less if I didnt train the day before. Why is that ? Water retention in the muscle ?
>>
Is there some trick to get barbells off the bar when it's on the ground? I always struggle like a retard, fucking barbells just won't come off
>>
>>38500473
You mean like, without weights on them? Don't do that to begin with, why would you? Use the rack.
>>
>>38500493
Sorry I went full retard, meant plates, not the barbell
>>
>>38500513
Oh yeah just do a dead lift and walk them over to the nearest rack if its a low weight, if its like four plates, just lift up a little bit, you won't have to lift the whole four plates of weight because there's enough give to let you slide it off.

If its like flat on the ground then you're fucked, nobody can pick it up at that point, I'm sure you've seen the rubber matts in your gym yeah? Thats where a plate fell face down, and they just covered it up to nobody would hurt themselves trying to recover it.
>>
>>38500641
>If its like flat on the ground then you're fucked, nobody can pick it up at that point, I'm sure you've seen the rubber matts in your gym yeah? Thats where a plate fell face down, and they just covered it up to nobody would hurt themselves trying to recover it.
Thanks for keks but that's not what I'm talking about
I'm saying that I have a hard time pulling plates off the barbell when it's on the ground
>>
>>38500473
>Is there some trick to get barbells off the bar when it's on the ground?
>>38500710
>>I'm saying that I have a hard time pulling plates off the barbell when it's on the ground

roll one end up on a 5lb plate and take all plates off of one side. grab the empty end of the bar, flip it up, let the plates slide down the collars and rest in a neat stack on the floor and put the bar on the rack or wherever, and then pick up the plates on the ground.
>>
>>38500513

This is why sticking to rubber coated tri grip plates for my home gym.
>>
>>38500710

You're not very good at being specific are you ffs.

You need a dead wedge like this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00TVVBD6O
>>
So on back days when I do deadlifts all my other back exercises are like 25 pounds lighter. Is this normal ? Or do I just need to toughen up and get stronger?
>>
I did 4x10 Weighted Incline Situps, and it's day 2 and my obliques and abs are painfully weak. Did I over do it?
>>
>>38500837
it's not normal if by back exercises you mean pulling motions like pull-ups and rows. i can understand your lower back/hamstrings being fatigued if you do bent over rows after deadlifts, but pull-ups or chest supported rows shouldn't be any more difficult.

try resting longer after your deadlifts and see if that helps.
>>
>>38500837
>ack exercises you mean pulling motions like pull-ups and rows.

how many sets of heavy deadlifts are you doing?

Are you eating enough to fuel your workouts?
>>
File: 084.jpg (67KB, 600x1250px) Image search: [Google]
084.jpg
67KB, 600x1250px
I have a knee injury (bassicly my kneecap delocates really easily)

what kind of exercises are good for your les muscles without breaking my knee?

also does anyone have experience with going to the gym while working a physical job MA-FRI 40 hours? do you go to the gym before or after work?
>>
>>38500894
I had my knee stomped on by a 16yo girl. I can still squat 3 pl8 with no pain. You'll be fine, just squat.
>>
>>38500894
After work obviously
Also you can do anything as long as your knee doesn't hurt
>>
>>38500890
Ya all pulling ,
5x5 of 80ish% of 1rm
I thought that might of been the case so I started with larger breakfasts and a weight gainer shake , that helped a lot as before that I could not even finish the workout .

I been lifting and comepetive cycling for around a year now and just started deadlifts two months ago. So this is a whole new feeling to me.
>>
>>38500513
Deadlift/squat them up if its heavy

Else just pick the fucker up
>>
Fatty cutting here
Cardio daily and weight training every second day, so far no complications
Question is: I have 1/2 cup oats for breakfast with reduced fat milk, would it be a bad idea to replace it with a protein shake w/ frozen berries and a banana?
>>
3 month into lifting 82 kg squat , Was wondering if form/rom was ok https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FVbZjy0LQ0&feature=youtu.be
>>
Is Jeff Seid natty?
>>
what is a straight set ?
>>
>>38499623
I'm no expert on this but I've heard cardio after lifting assists with blood flow and increases recovery rate
>>
>>38500980

One set of deadlifts is enough for making strength gains.

Do your 5x5, starting light and working up to one heavy set.
>>
Can you do both strength and hypertrophy sets in the same workout?
>>
Last monday my buttocks were really sore (no homo) and I couldn't squat properly, then it was my lower back, then hamstrings on Friday, now it's monday again and I can't squat the same weight I did two weeks ago because now my quads feel like they're about to snap when I'm descending
Should I skip squats and cardio until I recover completely?
>>
so i have really shitty flexibility, and on squats i put a 2x4 under my heel.

is this gimping my progress on squats? (been doing ~2pl8 for the last year, but haven't really been trying too hard to improve, just say no to t-rex mode.)
>>
>>38501809

you can look at the reverse pyramid system.

After a warm up you hit your heavy set first for strength, then lower the weight on the following sets for more reps and hypertrophy
>>
Will HIIT actually improve my cardio or is it just a cutting meme?
>>
If I bench 100kg is that 2pl8?
>>
>>38502079

yes.
>>
>>38502091
Is 2pl8 dyel or not?
>>
For breakfast I had a fruit wrap, for lunch I had a tomato basil soup and grilled sheese, what should I have, under 1,000 calories and fast-ish food (have an hour and small town) for diner??
>>
>>38486533
Is there any legit way to gain height? No memes please (22y 5'10)
>>
>>38502034
>Will HIIT actually improve my cardio or is it just a cutting meme?
Yes i dont think so but it might
>>
>>38502129
Stretching and hanging from a bar for a minute or 2 each day.

Some say swimming works as well
>>
anyone doing skipping / jump rope for cardio?
>>
>>38502129

none.

Apart from break thigh bones, insert rods to hold break apart, wait for bones to heal longer.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3021x3275px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3021x3275px
started lifting a month ago.

im deadlifting lmao1.5pl8.

i already have a slight problem with double overhand because pic related.

am i fucked? will i ever be able to deadlift 4pl8?
>>
>>38496106
yes but you also need to start lifting and see a dentist about sensitive teeth
>>
File: 1471484304169-fit.png (145KB, 446x520px) Image search: [Google]
1471484304169-fit.png
145KB, 446x520px
I've fallen for the SS meme for about 2 months now and my gains are starting to stagnate.

Bench 95 to 135
Squat 135 to 225
DL 225 to 275
Ohp 70 to 95

Should i start an intermediate program, or keep going with SS until I get 3 pl8 on my DL
>>
File: 009.jpg (1MB, 1854x1639px) Image search: [Google]
009.jpg
1MB, 1854x1639px
How do I into aesthetic ancient greece hair ?
I got wavy hair
>>
>>38496146
>Who would be sabotaging them, and why?
Muslims and because you are a cunt

It might be because you are getting stronger maybe ??
>>
>>38502169

stop worrying about your situation.

pull your finger out and lift the damn weight

get as strong as you can
>>
>>38502169
use straps man.

Alternatively

>AUGMENTATIONS
>BIONIC FINGER
>>
best PPL routine?
>>
>>38496532
>What else will build joocy traps?

My penis
>>
>>38502169
Where did you stick it?
>>
>>38502174

keep going as far as you can on a linear progression.

when the linear gains finish, swap to a double progression.
>>
>>38502208
invetween the sprocket and chain ona bike.

i was 3 and not the brightest kid.
>>
>>38499623
>I've got a bit chub

AHHH that last time i got a chub i was on the primary school bus, now im 44 ive got to stop catching that damn bus
>>
Anyone else had knee surgery (acl reconstruction to be exact) and told by doc you can't do squats? If so do you do leg press, weighted lunges, or something else as an alternative?
>>
I'm using a machine for bench press and I'm wondering is the weight in total or is it for each arm.
Example if I'm benching 50kg is it 50kg each arm or 25kg each arm on these machines
>>
>>38502244

no, one arm will be slightly stronger, 27kg / 23kg split
>>
>>38502129
Standing in the middle of a room like a tree with your arms outstretched while whispering "grow, grow, grow"
>>
>>38502265
This is so true I actually noticed this before when I'm struggling sometimes my right arm will push it through
>>
>>38502169
You're pretty much the only person that can use straps and not be laughed at
>>
>>38502170
kek, I just buy random toothpaste

I lift, and my lifts are past intermediate. Just genuinly curious about my bf%

Don't get the negativity of some answers, at least be funny
you should get in contact with your spiritual self
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-29-18-04-49.png (187KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-29-18-04-49.png
187KB, 1080x1920px
As a fatty can i use this routine? Pic related

Also my friend says i need to eat 2.9k calories a day.

Im 1.79 and 112kg
>>
>>38502414
do SS
take off squats from day A if you're not interested in getting big legs and big numbers on the squat

add dips to day B and pull-ups to A (because push-pull ratio)

calculate your TDEE and eat 300-500kcals less than you need to maintain weight
>>
>>38502460
Alright thank you, also the deadlift and squat have only one rep per 5 sets, do i actually have to make that one rep count with heavy weights?
>>
Lately, when I do squats, I get this weird pain in my lower back for the next few days. Its mostly only when I bend over or arch my back.
What the fuck am I doing wrong?

I'm not even sure if I can make it anymore
>>
File: 1447212668636.png (171KB, 396x423px) Image search: [Google]
1447212668636.png
171KB, 396x423px
I've had a dull pain in my lower left abdominal for a while, any clue what it could be?
>>
>>38502181
Buy a marble bust and take it with you to your hairdresser.
>>
>>38502499

Is it your spine? swollen or ruptured discs is my guess
>>
>>38502477
you got it wrong

the squat is 3 sets of 5 reps, deadlift is 1 set of 5 reps
I can't stress enough on learning proper form on the compounds, please watch a lot of youtueb videois
Alan Thrall is amazing so check him out for it

also since youre starting you won't need it but once you start building strength you'll do sets of warming up but right now you dont need to worry
>>
>>38502599
Alright thank you lots
>>
What can I snack on with tons of satisfaction and preotein but low starchy carbs?
>>
>>38502669

beef jerky
>>
>>38502685
Would you also recommend bugs? It's a common snack here.
>>
>>38502711

how the hell should I know, i come a civilised society, we don't eat bugs.
>>
Just recently got back into weight lifting after letting myself become a slob for 2 years. Was at 170 previously and got up to 210, hanging between 200 and 205 now. I've decided to start with a 5x5 mentioned in the sticky to get my muscles back used to lifting. I lift mon, wed, Fri. Do sports with friends Thursday for cardio.

My question is can I do arms on Tuesday or stick strictly to the plan? Also how many weeks should I do it before I switch to a more intense version?
>>
>>38502521
Bladder probem?
>>
File: 1471655946549.jpg (728KB, 1050x900px) Image search: [Google]
1471655946549.jpg
728KB, 1050x900px
Switching squats to sets of 3. I've been doing 3x5. Should I do 3x3 or 5x3?
>>
>25 yr old
>145lb at 5'9
>skinny/skinnyfat body
>round face with puffy cheeks

am i fucked with my face? if you took a picture of my body sans face you'd think i was a shrimp, but then include my face and i look 10lbs heavier
>>
how bad is 1 day gym 2 day rest
i feel lazy im also cutting
>>
I jimmied up my elbow.

What are some good excercises with minimal strain on the elbow?

So far I have:
Squats and variations
Deadlifts and variations
Shrugs
Lat raises
Farmers walks
?

Pls respond
>>
I've been making great gain and lately I've started self mirin. Sometimes I'll be checking my biceps and get the urge to bite them, I don't always resist. The other day I caught myself in the mirror getting out of the shower and my heart did the same thing it does when I see a naked chick. Am I going to make it? Am I becoming a faggot? Wtf is happening to me I've never found a man, myself included, attractive before.
>>
>>38502798

I'm on 3x5 atm, i'd probably go 3x4, then 3x3
>>
>>38502743
>civilised
>only candidates are Hilary and Trump
>>
>>38502875
Nah it improves a lot with lifting and dieting
>>
>>38502938

UK actually. God Save the Queen.
>>
File: fitnohomo.webm (1MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
fitnohomo.webm
1MB, 854x480px
>>38502875
>10lb heavier
that's nothing. also, hit the gym, bulk for about 20-30lb over a year, then cut 10-15lb and voila, chiseled face. yea it'll take time but that's life and nothing you can do about it short of surgery
>>38502919
fine if you go hard on your days
>>38502920
do what you normally do with light weights but more reps
>>38502927
>>
>>38502959
hard as in really heavy or hard as in really sore? Cause im sore for 2 days after i workout
>>
>>38502746
Do biceps if you like, triceps is overkill if doing heavy bench & ohp

>more intense variation
Intermediate programs are usually too light for beginner

>weeks
months
>>
>>38486533
From a /fit/ point of view, is there anything particular ways that you SHOULDN'T cook a potato? For variety's sake, I'm wanting to eat a different carb for dinner everyday of the week and I think that potatoes could fill more than one slot.
>>
>>38502978
On a cut you wanna go with heavy weights + lower reps. Also, you shouldn't be sore if you're used to working out.
>>
>>38503038
but i always am sore wtf been lifting for 1.5 years mostly cutting but still. im working heavy anywhere besides chest since my bench is shitty cant unrack high weight so i do high reps instead. i also added some upper body and arm exercises at the end with dumbbells and machines since im a trex
>>
>>38503145
You should def. not be sore after every workout if you've been lifting for 1.5 years unless you're doing extremely hard workouts. What are your lifts/body size at?
>>
File: 1465220900980.webm (829KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1465220900980.webm
829KB, 400x400px
When do you reset in Greyskull?
The /fit/ version of the routine says you reset once you dont make 5 in the first set for 2 workouts, instead the book seems to say if you fail once in any set you deload.
but it's not clear...help?
>>
>>38503162
i cut really hard like 1 year on SL shouldve done ss for lower sets but idk why i did SL anyway i went from 105 kg to almost 80 kg
then i was like skinny fat decided to bulk last winter and spring(like 5 months) on some version of TM i found on plg and fucked up ate too much went like 95 kg.
now im 88 kg at 188 cm tall im eating slightly below maintenance planning on getting low bf or just eating at maintenance i dont like cut bulk cycles makes me feel bad about my body if i bulk again(was always fat in my life)
5rm on intensity day when i did TM were

squat 135 kg
deadlift 140 kg
bench 70 kg
ohp 52 kg

now i basically just do 80-90% of that on 3 4 sets of 5 reps. im lifting basically without any specific program just doing 1 day lower and 1 day upper(this has more sets and lower weights tho) so im experimenting with exercises and shit.
>>
>>38502958
>1200+816
>still having a monarchy that is worthless and only consumes taxes

I'll be eating grasshoppers and worms on my free country if you need me
>>
>>38486604
Great beginner routine but you need to isolate shoulders with lateral raises and do chinups and dips.
>>
>>38503228
who is this semen demon
>>
>>38500130
Yes. If you can do more than 10 in a row, switch to weighted dips and do 3x5 of those while progressing in weight like everything else.
>>
>>38487234
>http://m.imgur.com/a/kdIyE
It's shit. If your only goal is to get skelly, eat 500-1000calories below maintenance and eat whatever the fuck you want. You will be losing weight.
>>
>>38486954
Dude I was about to ask this same question kek. I have albuterol that I use daily and considering clenbuterol has fat loss effects it only makes sense albuterol does
>>
>>38501118
Form looks OK. Saw one rep where your hips came up before chest, so work on chest up. But it looks like the rack is pretty low, as you were bending down quite a bit to de-/re-rack the bar. Can that come up at all?
>>
>>38501174
>straight
You're on the wrong board, sweetie.
>>
>>38501834
Routine?
>>
Girlfriend wants to lose some weight and generally be healthier. What can I do to support her and also make sure she stays dedicated to her effort? I have suggested that she install myfitnesspal to keep track of her diet and do the startbodyweight routine, along with jogging/exercise biking.
>>
>>38501118
dont hyperextend your neck
you start the movement very abruptly
keep your elbows forward
>>
My routine for chest is incline dumbell, bench press, dips, machine fly
should i swap out bench for something else better for building chests
>>
>>38503459
Jerk off to fit girls in front of her openly. Even if you're more into high test girls, go with fit chicks for your fap material
>>
Is drinking 0 cal sugar free energy drinks bad?
>>
I'm a cyclists
I'm working on a sixpack
It just needs a few finishing touches for me to become ripped
is there anything I should know since I heard that cardio, which is cycling, kills muscles?
>>
>>38503484
If you can find a better chest builder than bench then go for it
>>
>>38503697
Only for the acidity and eventual caffeine addiction. Artificial sweeteners are fine.
>>
Whats the difference between a olympic bar and an ohio power bar?
>>
>>38502219
Dude, I was an "adult" and was cleaning my motorcycle chain with the bike up on the center stand the engine running in first gear, spraying the chain and wiping it with a rag. The rag caught and yanked my hand through the works, and my index and middle fingers got chewed up. Lucky to have them. Index is fused at the last knuckle and middle is just scarred.
>>
>>38502669
Chicharrones. Dip them in sour cream and/or guac.
>>
>>38486533
/fit/ and the sticky say that there's no excuse not to lift, but what does /fit/ advice for people in situations where there is no time to lift, like for university students in exam season?
>>
>>38488661
>http://m.imgur.com/a/5nbmA
>this
>>
How much prot is too much prot? Just had around 167g today (and I'm 130).
>>
>>38502596
Swollen or ruptured discs?? Holy shit I pray to zyzz it ain't that
>>
I posted this question in another thread because this is over the bump limit
>>38504321
>>38504321
>>
I'm about to buy whey for the first time, that gold standard stuff. What flavor should I get? Everyone says double rich chocolate, but I don't like chocolate. How's their vanilla?
>>
>>38504388
Vanilla is OK in some brands, bland in others.
the only way to know is trying.
>>
How is the personal trainer market for the upcoming years? Since i am thinking of switching school(not havind fun and such) and get my license as personal trainer
>>
>>38503413
>>38503467
Thanks ,
No the rack can't go higher than that :(
>>
>>38503716
any suggestions?
>>
can i drink my whey with hot milk?or will it lose effect
>inb4 >milk
>>
How the fuck do you guys increase weight on military presses? I've been going to the gym for 2 months now, and I've noticed myself get stronger in every area except this.
I can barely do the 5x5 workout with 50 lbs for the military press and it's taken me so long to move up from 45.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.