[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think is the biggest impediment to normies making gains?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: candy_caine.jpg (70KB, 600x802px) Image search: [Google]
candy_caine.jpg
70KB, 600x802px
What do you think is the biggest impediment to normies making gains?
>>
>>38475534
It's just not that big of a deal to them?
>>
>>38475550
I mean the ones who try but then complain they make no progress.
>>
Lack of effort. ie >>38475550
>>
They don't really want it
Their lives are generally easy and enjoyable enough so that they feel comfortable where they are
>>
>>38475571
>implying anyone on this board makes progress
>>
>>38475571
They don't track their macronutrients/cheat on diet
>>
90% of people do a quarter to a half a proper workout
>>
>>38475616
I've tried to "trained" about 5 friends of mine, and this is the correct answer
>>
>>38475534
Ego lifting aka improper form that will make them no gains but muh weight is higher.
Brosplits. Muh fake natty idol does them and he's huge!
>>
>>38475534
This: >>38475616

But also: They're often unwilling to accept any advice that goes against their delusions.

I've offered advice when asked to people who're both over and underweight.

The underweight-to-normalweight ones have NO understanding of how anabolic processes work, and generally refuse to eat any more than they currently do, or insist they already eat tons. They're basically anorexic/orthorexic.

The fatties have fatlogic brains.
>>
>>38475534

lack of knowledge towards nutrition and lifting and lack of goals

people think a diet is something you do for 2 weeks

people think working out is walking on a treadmill or doing a couple random machine exercises

they work out with no set goal
>>
>>38475534
Lack of roids.
>>
>>38475534
Poor form, thus they never get proper stimulation of the muscle and keep moving more or less the same weight for years while remaining more or less the same size. Couple this with the very common aversion to eating more and to doing any compounds except bench press and you've got a recipe for a waste of time and money.
>>
Too busy with social media to do 15 min of research on diet and lifting
>>
>>38475571
see >>38475550
>>
Only curls and bench, leg press once a week. Irregular diet and workout schedule, half repping, no routine etc.
>>
>>38475713

this. they think weight curled/benched in direct correlation to their penis size in the gym
>>
>>38475534
If I had to choose just one that hasn't been mentioned:

No programming. I don't mean poor programming, I mean no programming. They just lift random stuff with no sense of progression.
For easy gains, form doesn't matter (look at Supermong), diet doesn't matter (unless super truly deficient), and sleep doesn't even matter. You just need to actually try a tiny bit.

But most can't even get these beginner gains.

It's only when you start putting up real weight and your noob gains start slowing down that you need to get remotely serious.
>>
A lot of people generally aren't aware of their own habits concerning food. It's obvious with fatties who don't understand that the amount of food they eat is completely unreasonable, but even thin normies and regular normies just unconsciously eat whenever and whatever they want and stay the same size. Their size is more a byproduct of their attitudes towards food they picked up when growing up, like how poor people tend to be fatter (eat shittier foods, always feel the need to finish a meal entirely whereas someone raised in a wealthier household is more comfortable with throwing leftovers away, that kind of stuff). Fit people must make a conscious decision to control their urge to eat and doing this requires some degree of autism.
>>
>>38475534
Diet. It's easy to go to the gym 3 times a week and lift some weights with your bros. Much harder to consistently cook and eat meals that hit all your macros.
>>
poor form, to the extent that they're not even hitting the intended muscles. im struggling iwth this as a beginner. as much as it hurts my ego, ive found that its better to decrease weight if it means i can use better form to activate the muscle that is supposed to be used during a particular exercise.
>>
I think it is a lack of competition.
Hear me out.
I went to college for a degree in Elementary ed. As a result I was 1 of 3 guys in the graduating class. All the rest were cute college girls.
I still keep in touch with them and it's been about 5 years. Now every single girl that had a cute/tight body is overweight.
The only thing changed was the setting. They used to be surrounded by other fit girls and now they're surrounded by 40-50 year old overweight women. There is no longer any competition. Being just slighly under 200 pounds and you're suddenly "The hottest chick in the school".
>>
File: 68z9a2p.jpg (534KB, 851x2819px) Image search: [Google]
68z9a2p.jpg
534KB, 851x2819px
>>38475534
They don't know how to push themselves. Most normies are people who rarely ever did anything for self improvement physically. They can have access to the best food, supps, drugs, programs but at the end of the day staying in your comfort zone only gets you so far.
>>
>>38475534
They have a fundamental lack of understanding about how it works.
They don't understand dieting most of all even though it is pretty fucking simple.
>>
>>38475534
Ignorance
>>
File: i want to stay a hermit.png (88KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
i want to stay a hermit.png
88KB, 1080x1920px
>>38475534
drinking and eating out

The thing about being an actual normie, is you have a lot of options of eating our pretty much anywhere and you have so such available resources you can get drunk anywhere in town. It's fucked up

as a joke/ fit/ decides if i go out tonight or stay in
>>
I myself am struggling to carry on
I've hit the point where i dont actually feel great after workouts anymore. Numbers are harder to increase because I'm more advanced. Body isn't changing as rapidly. I've started to cut and do cardio and olympic lifts just out of boredom. Luckily i have no life, else I'd have been distracted at tbis point and found another hobby.
>>
>>38477333
There's other ways of progressing desu. If you are an actual advance there are some programs for you, but it comes at a price
>>
>>38475534
For college kids: alcohol.
>>
>>38477270
Bingo right here. They lack the discipline to keep training, they have no reason to strive for improvement. The day you are content with what you have is the day you die.
>>
>>38477353
And eating oft expensive trash foods with reckless abandon.
>>
>>38477333
This is the point where you decide to ascend humanity and hop on the tren train or be cutting and bulking for zero gains the rest of your life.
>>
>>38477314
Go
>>
>>38477390
but i want to stay in and hang out with /fit/
>>
>>38477390
>>38477404
damn it,

i just texted back and they called, guess where going somewhere, pics incoming in an hour or so, thing that sucks is we are drinking/eating again

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

ill catch you guys later tonight save a seat for me /fit/
>>
>>38477348
My fertility?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.