[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>cardio kills gains How true is this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1395796328846.jpg (105KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1395796328846.jpg
105KB, 800x600px
>cardio kills gains
How true is this?
>>
>>38475028
It isnt true.
>>
>>38475028
Depends on how far you're running. Once you get to high distances like a marathon and above, cortisol levels start to rise, I think.
I believe it's the reason, I think, Ryan Hall quit running recently and switched to lifting due to low testosterone levels.
You see marathon runners and they're skinny as fuck, but that's because a large amount of muscle would be a disadvantage.
If you're going to do cardio and run a small distance like 10 miles, then just eat more.
>>
>>38475028
You need calories to maintain/gain muscles.
You lose calories when you run.
>>
if its worked into your diet no
>>
>>38475028
anon pls, I'm on nofap
>>
Low or no impact cardio at a steady state (not hiit) under one hour will not effect gains even if done daily

Read about it on strength theory

Obviously you need to consume the calories you burnt if you want to maintain a surplus
>>
>>38475028
Not eating enough kills gainz.
>>
It's completely false.
Cardio improves your cardiovascular system and overall health, therefore improving lifting sessions and the muscle-building process.

Arnold himself did cardio and claimed he would have done more cardio if he knew at the time how beneficial it was.

Just stick to 30 min sessions, 4 times a week or so.
>>
In small amounts (30-60 minutes, 3-4 times a week) it won't kill anything.

In large amounts, like long distance running training or huge hikes, it will cause leg muscles to get smaller.
I'm a mailman and walk 10 miles a day and since starting this job, my quads have lost a couple of inches at least, despite my best efforts to prevent it. My upper body has not been affected though.
>>
>>38475028

it's true if you run more than 5 or 6 km
it's not true if you do low intensity cardio (walking), HIIT or aerobic session of less than 20 minutes
>>
>>38475427
Basically this. I hated cardio for so long. I just kept going anyway and now I'll space out and get a great rush running 60+ minutes. I'll usually listen to audio books or my lectures from school. Focusing on a good story will make the time fly.
And run outdoors 100% of the time. Tread mills are crazy boring and the temptation of being able to stop at any time mentally fucks me over.
My rules of thumb are:
Only run outdoors
Never pass the same place more than twice
Never go past your ending area until you're done
If you have to rest, keep a brisk walk.
>>
>>38475028
cardio decrease your test level.

20-30min of strenght training is perfect for test production.

so yes, cardio kills gainz
>>
>>38475532
Cool meme bro
>>
>>38475028
Water can litterally kill you if you drink too much of it.

Wouldn't recommend to skip it, though.
>>
What are they doing in the pic?
>>
>>38475630
do your research idiot. too much cardio killz your testosterone.
>>
>>38475263
>>38475263
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.