[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the limit on calisthenics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: images-9.jpg (9KB, 279x180px) Image search: [Google]
images-9.jpg
9KB, 279x180px
I am to much of cheap scape to pay for gym and I am not willing to swallow pride and go to planet fitness.
>I've seen what comes of their hamplanets every time I pass their without fail
I like doing bodyweight exercises they are fun to me even have a full calisthenics only
But all my friend are into lifting and they are all bigger than me and can lift way more like my one of my friend does 80 pound 5 rep max curls and I can only do 50
But the only saving grace for me is I can beat them in bodyweight exercises I can do one handed push ups and hand stand while my friend cant do even one
Should go f the weights I have at home and just go pure bodyweight and if I do what's the limit on how big I can get
>>
There are already two calisthenics threads active the moment, ask in one of those.
>>
>>38474379
Also they all go to the gym not the same one but still have gym membership
>>
>>38474379
do bodyweight+dumbbells at home nigger,get the best of both worlds.And go for a run once in a while so you dont pant after climbing 50 stairs.
>>
>>38474379
>80 pound 5 rep max curls
if thats 2 handed its trash,if its one hand its either world record tier or e-statting/bad form.
>>
Calisthenics suffers just as greatly from a strength limit as it does a size limit.

Most guys seriously doing calisthenics have a low bodyfat, and thus a low bodyweight, decent endurance for many reps, and enough strength to do their bodyweight workouts. Thus, they do tons of dips, have visible abs and seem to be amazing athletes.

An educated compound lifter of similar potential and time trained will outperform them every time simply due to proper training.
>>
>>38474469
>An educated compound lifter of similar potential and time trained will outperform them every time simply due to proper training.
outperform them in what? barbell lifts?
obviously the callisthenics guy will be better in pullups,pushups & other callisthenics exercises by far.
i only trained with pushups and pullups for years and my arms are much stronger than the average gymbro,my triceps and biceps especially. i can probably outcurl everyone in the local gym and i can do one handed pullups.
So performance is objective and differs depending on the exercise in question.
Will a bodyweight person be as proficient in the squat as a barbell lifter? no
Will a weights person be as proficient in the pullup as a bodyweight person? no
but for a lot of accessory exercises strength levels can be close.
>>
File: 4xFeZ6a.gif (498KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
4xFeZ6a.gif
498KB, 300x225px
>>38474556
>i can probably outcurl everyone
>>
>>38474858
did you just realise pullups/chinups are the best biceps exercise,newfriend?
>>
File: fact_20.jpg (185KB, 539x502px) Image search: [Google]
fact_20.jpg
185KB, 539x502px
>>38474875
>newfriend?
>>
>cheap scape
Kys then me
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.