[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those of you that lift to help out with your depression,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: fSSh7df.png (80KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
fSSh7df.png
80KB, 500x421px
For those of you that lift to help out with your depression, how do you keep going in life if you ever can't lift? I'm recovering from an abdominal surgery, and the doctor said they found some hernias in a few places on my abs. I won't be seeing him until next week, but I'm a) concerned it will affect my ability to lift from here on out, and b) currently depressed because I can't lift due to recovery to the point where I'm considering dropping this semester of classes despite everything only just starting.

Shit's bad, brehs. What do you do when you can't lift? What would you do if that day ever comes?
>>
>>38470297
I ran through depression man. Runners high is a literal drug. Go try it out
>>
>>38470297
Don't drop out you fucking idiot, school will be all you have

What are you going to do when you can't even lift? Just sit at home and cry about it while you shitpost? No! I'm sorry it's shit what you're going through but don't make it worse for yourself baby
>>
>>38470311
I would second this but I dont think he can run after ab surgery
Try to pick up a hobby to fill your time or study something you enjoy?
idk man, shit sucks. Best of luck
>>
>>38470311
Running is a lot more difficult for me because I have a breathing problem. I have to be in ideal settings (sunny w/ low humidity, nobody around cutting grasses, low allergen count) for me to do so without almost having asthma attacks. And running on treadmills fucks up my form
>>
>>38470330
If I dropped, it'd be for the semester, but you're right, I have no fucking clue what I'd do otherwise. If I could lift (which I probably could depending on the recommendation of the surgeons), I certainly would put everything I had into it for the time I'd take off, but if I can't, then I'm shit out of luck
>>
File: 1469310168724.jpg (166KB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1469310168724.jpg
166KB, 1024x1280px
>>38470336
>>38470364
Take up chess. Start going to a club and playing in tournaments. It helped me tremendously when I broke my foot and couldn't do anything. I'm getting better and now do chess tactics on my phone when testing between sets.

Just a suggestion.

Also, stick with your classes.
>>
I had an injury a year ago and i could have paralyzed myself if i continued to lift (or run), but i could do stuff at home with resistance bands. And i could do bodyweight squats and curls with a super light DB. So i just did high rep shit at home for an hour and a half a day to wear myself out because that's the feel that kills the bad feels.
>>
>>38470481
I might look into this. A number of activities are tricky for me at the moment because as it turns out, the abs are used for goddamn everything without you even knowing it, so walking upright is noticeably more effort than it was before.

>>38470421
I might consider this, though I admittedly don't really want to deal with other people in person at this point. I'm not one of those "tfw no gf, just want some human attention/affection/interaction" types of depressed people that swarm this board.
>>
File: 1313515002539.jpg (139KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1313515002539.jpg
139KB, 1680x1050px
Fuck, I'm about to have this surgery soon too. Consultation next week. What did they tell you about the procedure and recovery times?
>>
>>38470550
Unless you're having emergency surgery for Crohns impacted bowels, you're not having the same surgery. They just found the hernias while fixing my shit
>>
You gotta make those mental gainz bruh. Go watch some Elliott Hulse philosophy videos while you recover.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.