[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BB UNRACKS FROM THE SQUAT RACK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: she wants the D.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
she wants the D.gif
2MB, 300x225px
Is that exercise where you unrack the barbell like you are going to do a squat, but with much more weight than you can actually squat with, and hold it for some seconds standing there with the weight, and then put it down without doing any squats legit, or is it just a meme?

How does it help? Strenghtens the stabilizers?
>>
File: IMG-20160815-WA0000.jpg (78KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160815-WA0000.jpg
78KB, 900x1600px
It mostly just get your body used to a heavy load on your back

Helps a lot if the weight psyches you out
>>
>>38469607
Honestly I do it sometimes just to help me mentally
225 feels like a lot of weight, and that's just a warmup to 335
When I do 225 again at the end of my sets it feels light as shit
>>
>>38469607
That look she gives him is the most motivating thing I've seen on /fit
>>
>>38469607
Useful for bracing and building confidence under heavy weights.

Not great for bodybuilding purposes.
>>
File: 1461466450769.jpg (17KB, 670x446px) Image search: [Google]
1461466450769.jpg
17KB, 670x446px
>>38469607

There's not really any physiological benefits to doing it. Maybe practicing a walkout if that's a weakpoint.

The psychological effect can actually lead to increased performance though. Have you ever lifted something completely calm, and then done the same weight aggressively, and noticed how much lighter it feels?

Similar effect. You prime your nervous system by overloading and then any subsequent weights feel extremely light.

I noticed this the most when I was training for equipped powerlifting (inb4 memes). Normally squatting 500 raw for reps is a challenging weight for me and feels fucking heavy on my back. In the suit and knee wraps I would work up to 620/640 for a single then back off and do raw volume work afterwards.

500 felt like an empty bar. Like it was still hard to lift but it didn't feel heavy at all, and as result I was probably able to get an extra rep or two out.
>>
>>38470186
>>38470316
>>38470239
>>38470491

Thanks for all the replies. What I did was unrack it and tried to hold it there until I had to give up.

>>38470491
Very interesting that you would do this and then do your work sets. Aren't you tired from doing the unracks?
>>
>>38470491
640 for singles jesus how much do they weigh man
>>
>>38470585

Sorry I meant I would do a full rep in equipment at that weight then do volume work raw - but it has the same effect as the walkouts because the equipment allows you to overload so much.
>>
>>38470304
You will never be a rich, famous, steroid abusing Irishman
>>
>>38470989

That was equipped though it can add a lot when you learn how to use it right, best raw squat is 560 and I weigh 250
>>
>>38471020
I'm 170 best squat raw was 4pls+25s the belt doesn't really help me much at best i switch out the 25s for 35s
>>
>>38470491
Don't lift 3 plates? Gotta be heavier if you don't want me to lift you.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.