[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>yfw you realize physical improvement, strength, as a quality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

>yfw you realize physical improvement, strength, as a quality of manly virtue (vir meaning man in Latin) is the closest we can come in the modern era to the masculine and heroic struggle of antiquity
>>
>>38459391
You are lifting weights in an air-conditioned gym, eating good food and sleeping under a roof every night. Please explain to me how this makes you a warrior or on par with a Roman centurion or a Greek hoplite.
>>
>>38459531
we have feels now
>>
>>38459531
It doesn't that's why he said:
>is the closest we can come
>>
I think wrestling/martial art truly the last place of masculinity in our culture. Body building and vanity are just as degenerate as makeup on a man
>>
>>38459582
The closest you could come to being a man from Antiquity is to join the military, get deployed, survive and live to tell the tale. That's what men from Antiquity were - soldiers and conscripts.
>>
Fucking pleb doesn't even know classics. Anyone who studied Latin for about a day would know virtue comes from the Latin virtus, not vir. And the heroic definition of masculinity a la virtus does not mean anything to the modern English understandings we have. If anything, you should have quoted Mens Sana in corpore Sano, but with your shitty Google understanding of Latin you old have thought mens have something to do with the English word men.

In brevita, neces ipsum.
>>
>>38459615
Romanes eunt domus
>>
>>38459391
There will be ample chances for heroism during the European civil war.
>>
>>38459391
wrong vir means power of force and can also be translated as "men" in an equivalent to military power/force
>>
>>38459531
>implying ancient greek athletes didnt have good food and a roof
>>
>>38459531
kek
>>
>>38459597
Back then the battles were harder and had a purpose, I don't want to end on a wheelchair to please some incompetent cunts.
>>
File: tumblr_nkvetrrWoU1ti2u14o8_1280.jpg (247KB, 800x1041px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkvetrrWoU1ti2u14o8_1280.jpg
247KB, 800x1041px
Lifting and training to attain glorious aryan aesthetics is the only reason to lift and train.
>>
>>38459798
wrong, vis is power and vir is a man (as real man, not just as grown male)
>>
>>38459615
I really appreciate this
>>38459621
Fucking rekt
>>
>>38459588
martial arts make you dumb through head hits
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.