[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 37

File: qtp2tie 13.jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
qtp2tie 13.jpg
41KB, 600x600px
Both of my shoulders are aching and cracking something fierce. I went to PT and have introduced stretches to minimal results. I think my best course of action is to take a break from lifting for some time to let my shoulders heal and relax.

So, what's the best way to take a break? For how long, and what can I do in the meantime? Body weight routines? Stretching? Cardio? I'd rather not sit on my ass the whole time.
>>
>>38457935
Roll out your muscles a few times a week, I had the same problem and rolling out my muscles with a baseball and foam roller was painful, but released the muscles around my shoulder.
>>
File: propel.png (31KB, 200x159px) Image search: [Google]
propel.png
31KB, 200x159px
Is the zero calorie version of this a good replacement for water if you don't like the blandness of water?
>>
>>38458031
It's fine but you should still learn to appreciate water. If you only drink flavored stuff you'll be more tempted by sugary drinks when the lore cal options aren't available
>>
I'm missing my right big toe, should I do squats with weightlifting shoes or should I do them barefoot like I usually do?
Not actually barefoot, though, I'll have my socks on.
>>
Sometimes my gym gets a bit humid which makes the barbells just barally moist, which is fine but it makes deadlifting heavy weight absolutely impossible as far as grip. Is this what people buy gloves for, or should I smuggle in chalk, or any other protips? When it isn't slippery, I can handle the weight, my back is fine.
>>
posted this somewhere else but
I'm very prone to horrible acne. Although it has been getting better. Is it possible whey/creatine would make me breakout worse? I heard whey has dairy, I don't think dairy makes me breakout I've always had cereal. would whey have more dairy than a bowl of cereal? specifically bodyfortress cheap shit.
>>
>>38457935
Also, how do these accessories look?
Could I replace my reverse grip bench press with floor press, or would that conflict with the dips on Wednesday?
Mostly interested in strongman and oly training, but I'd like to build a good base first.

Day A/Monday

2/3x8-12 Barbell hip thrust with 15 external plate rotations inbetween sets
3x12 rear lateral (will be band facepulls when I order some)
30+ total chins

Day B/Wednesday

2/3x8-12 Barbell hip thrust with 15 external plate rotations inbetween sets

3xamrap Chest dips
2x8-12 Kelso Shrugs
2x Curl bar carries

Day C/Friday

3x12 rear laterals (will be band facepulls when I order some)
2-3x chins
2x overhead KB carry
>>
>>38457935
Shoulder dislocations with a broom stick and band pull aparts will fix you up. Do some pull ups too. You don't need to take anytime off for this, just continue training as normal while taking steps to fix your shoulders.
>>
>>38458042
So, its just to improve resistance to temptation?

I disagree, I think I'd be tempted more into sugar drinks if all I drank was water. Also, my will power is insanely strong, I don't give into temptation easily.
>>
>>38458061
Just buy liquid chalk m8, works great and doesn't stain the equipment.
>>
is this good for a novice? aiming for hypertrophy

Monday (Push)
>5x5 - Flat Bench Press
>4x8 - Push Press
>4x8 - Over Head Tricep Extenstion
>3x15 - Arnold Press

Tuesday (Pull)
>5x5 - Weighted Chin-Ups
>4x8 - Barbell Shrugs
>4x8 - Straight Barbell Curls
>3x15 - DB Rear Flies

Wednesday (Legs)
>5x5 - Back Squat
>4x8 - Sumo Deadlifts
>4x8 - Calf Raises

Friday (Upper)
>5x5 - Strict Press
>4x8 - Barbell Shrugs
>4x8 - Bench Press (BB or DB, your choice)
>4x8* - Chin-ups or Barbell Rows (you decide)
>3x10 - DB Hammer Curls
>3x10 - Over Head Tricep Extensions

Saturday (Lower)
>5x3 - Conventional Deadlift
>6x6 - Squats
>3x10 - Stiff-leg Deadlifts (or Leg Curls if you're too tired)
>4x8 - Calf Raises (any variation
>>
>>38458083
just drink tap water you incredible autist
>>
>>38458097
no
>>
>>38458095
do ss or greyskull. read the sticky.
>>
>>38458061
Use chalk, don't get gloves.

>>38458070
You'll probably be fine. Try it out.

>>38458073
what is this, these are just your accessories right? What's your whole routine and stats?
>>
Anyone have any experience lifting with hypermobility? I've only been able to lift sporadically because of it.
>>
>>38458091
What I'm seeing on it looks solid. I'll get some then. Thanks.
>>
>>38458095
That's a lot of volume and accessories for a novice with strange rep and set ranges. Do a basic barbell routine to start with, add in extra shit later once you're stronger and know how to lift, then you can add in extra volume for hypertrophy for better results.
>>
>>38458113
already did greyskull for 2 months
>>
File: qtp2tie bt 4.jpg (38KB, 404x637px) Image search: [Google]
qtp2tie bt 4.jpg
38KB, 404x637px
>>38457993
Unfortunately, I've already been using a foam roller and a lacrosse ball.

Did you use a particular foam roller program or guide?
>>
I'm 5'9 and 166lbs, is 155 a good place to start bulking, or should I go lower? I've been lifting for 2 months.
>>
>>38457935
I met a girl that did that pose and started pissing all over herself after we had sex. Fucking hell. I was not that drunk to engage on that shit.
>>
>>38458162
what is your end goal?
>>
>>38458170
Overall or weight wise?
>>
best pure upper body strength workouts? I'm not going for aesthetic yet, just want to build strength and stop being a twig.
>>
>>38458176
your weight doesnt matter, what are your goals you hope to achieve through lifting?
>>
>>38458197
Aesthetics primarily. I know it's a meme to want both aesthetics and strength, but some combination with a focus on aesthetics I suppose.
>>
>>38458162
bulk now, skeletor. don't use bulking as an excuse to eat everything under the sun, eat at a reasonable surplus and gain weight at a slow pace, increasing calories when lifts stall. going from skinny fat to just skinny won't help much.
>>
>>38458182
greyskull lp + frequency method (aka light push-ups and chin-ups everyday) + eat a lot more
>>
>>38458070
whey IS dairy. Take a zinc supplement for a week, see how that affects acne, then work whey into routine.
>>
>>38458114
Just the accessories. Didn't want to make it too long so I just put them down.

A/C
2x5 1x5+ press/RGBP 115/160lbs
2x5 1x5+ Back squat 220
2x5 1x5+ Pendlay row 145 (Tried a few other rowing variations before this, never really progressed with them until now.)

C
2x5 1x5+ press/RGBP
1x5 Deadlift 315

I can do 10 chins in a set with decent form if I do them fresh, right now I'd like to get 10 a set later on, then start doing them weighted for 2x6-8. The reverse grip benching is easy on my shoulder with a torn labrum, and the kelso shrugs feel great.
>>
I force vomit everything I eat
I still don't lose weight

How come?
>>
>>38458165
hot
>>
>>38458044
Whatever works for you.
>>
>>38458070
Addendum, but if you need help with that acne, go with the Acne.Org regimen. I've had acne nonstop for years, never entirely getting rid of it, until I used that program. It's a godsend.

Just use Cetaphil (or Cerave, I've heard it's just as good) gentle cleanser and moisturizer instead of paying for the Acne.org brand. You'll save a good deal.
>>
>>38458302
Yeah I figured.
Getting to 3pl8 squat was one of the harder things to do for me and now it's like I have to start over.
Looks like I'll get to do it twice
>>
>>38458244
I feel like if I bulk now, I'm still going to have a lot of excess fat.
>>
So I wasn't able to go for my hour-long run today because I was busy, should I go for two hours tomorrow to compensate or is it not worth it?
>>
>>38458357
Don't worry about it.
If you're on a cut or something though, just walk that extra mile tomorrow.
>>
>>38458258
Does traditional benching hurt your shoulder? Increasing your press is going to strengthen your shoulder, and make you able to bench despite the torn labrum. How does the tear affect your shoulder mobility? That's important for oly lifting.

If you want to get into strongman, start implementing strongman training into your routine. Farmer's walks, axle bar deadlifts, keg tosses, that sort of thing. If you want to do oly, add some cleans and snatches into the mix.

Your main routine isn't terrible, though your accessories do confuse me. Replace the accessories with the movements I mentioned above, but keep the chins and band pull aparts. Power cleans and snatches make great accessories as do axle bar lifts.

Your squat is kind of far behind your deadlift, you can increase the frequency on that to 3x a week to help catch it up. When the squat gets heavy, you can front squat 1x per week. If you really want to do your own programming, read Practical Programming for Strength Training.
>>
>>38458344
You look flabby now because you're not carrying much muscle mass. You'll look much better at 180 with more muscle mass than you do now, or than you would at 155. Muscle is harder to build than fat is to lose.
>>
>>38458417
I've made decent noob gains so far, and have a good base, but the fat I have needs to go.
>>
File: look its not a fucking boner.gif (249KB, 500x208px) Image search: [Google]
look its not a fucking boner.gif
249KB, 500x208px
Q: so I'm pretty hung mostly a show-er not so much a grower...but the problem is whenever I shower at the gym
(which is every day now since the only time i have available to workout is before work)

everyone thinks I'm rocking a chubb.

>got reported today.....had to explain the the gym manager...that that's just "how it is"
>spent about an hour trying to explain/convince HER i wasn't just bragging
>no i didn't show her

Creative solutions? other than tucking it in or showering in a swimsuit and changing in the stalls like a fucking beta bitch?

(I've been trying the towel round the waist change trick, but apparently it's not working)
>>
What's the most alpha fetish/kink?
>>
>>38458439
If you have a big dong then it should hang accordingly. No one else has this problem. Bigger = more weight. I call bullshit.
>>
>>38458424
If you're so sure you have a good base, post pics. Telling us that you weigh 165 at 5"9' with no context tells us you're not very big. Hard to give advice without context.
>>
>>38458439
I'm calling bullshit but on the off chance this isn't bullshit, you should give exactly zero fucks and go about your life. if they ban you, they ban you. fuck them. but bullshit.
>>
>>38458406
Pressing in front of me with a prone grip really upsets the area.
For oly lifting mobility, I messed around with the snatch, and the injured shoulder wasn't happy, but I feel like i'll be able to play around with it later on when my back and shoulders are in better condition. PCs don't for the most part.
I don't have access to much equipment, which is why I have the EZ bar carries, which are the best loaded carry I can do right now.
I'll check into adding some cleans and focus more on the movements.

What would you recommend?
>>
>>38458467
>>38458514

Well Look I'm not Gonna sit here and talk bout dick science.

I mean i guess i shouldn't care, but in reality there are plenty of other gym options if i really need it.

Guess I'm changing in the toilet stall.
>>
I'm cutting at less than BMR. Is that okay? I feel okay.
>>
File: 1318307557113.jpg (19KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
1318307557113.jpg
19KB, 500x404px
Any ways to help out increasing DL weight? I'm plateu'd at 275 I'm not sure what to do.
>>
>>38457935

was benching about 3 hours ago and missed the rack, ended up dropping lmao1.5 plate on my head. didn't/doesn't hurt at all, but now i'm dizzy. there's no bump or any bruising. i've never had a concussion or any head injury before, i should be fine right?
>>
Every time I do rows my elbow always crack at full extension. Maybe once or twice a set. How do I stop this?
>>
>>38458587
If there's no pain, you're probably okay. Just take things easy until the dizziness goes away. When I got a concussion it felt like the inside of my skull was bruised.
>>
>>38458599

thanks anon
>>
>>38458527
Having stronger shoulders will help ease the pain. As long as pain is minor, it's ok to train through it. I've gotten some shoulder injuries that I never bothered to see a doctor for and have made recoveries while continuing training.

Do you have access to dumbbells? Are you in a home gym? Rogue has some economical options for farmers walks that are basically straps you can load plates into, but dumbbells work well too.

Put focus on your squats and dead. Your deadlift is alright if you haven't been training long, but you need to get your squat up a lot. Don't add any accessories on them until linear progress ends.

I'd stick with a basic routine like greyskull or SS to get your main lifts up, then use chins and cleans as accessories. If you can get your hands on some strongman stuff, train them on the weekends. So if you train Monday, Wednesday, Friday, train strongman/conditioning on Saturday.

I usually use bands and shoulder dislocations as a way to get my shoulders warmed up before i workout, try working on those to help get your shoulder back into good condition.
>>
>>38458569
What's your programming like for deadlifts?

Assuming it's fine, then reset the weight by 10% and eat more.
>>
>>38458621
I'm on a closed campus, the gym here isn't great.
I have access to dumbbells up to 65lbs.

Thanks for your help man.
>>
>>38458587
Next time you bench, make sure your elbows are locked before you rack the bar, and when you do rack the bar, hit the uprights. Don't gingerly put the bar in the rack. Next time you might drop the bar on your teeth, and that's no good.
>>
Is creatine really as effective as people claim it to be?
>>
>>38458704
It works, but don't expect any miracles.
It's highly recommended because it actually works, unlike the majority of supplements you see on the market.
>>
>>38458696

good tip, thanks
>>
>>38458704
It's the one supplement everyone pretty much agrees that it's good. But like >>38458718 said it's not like rocket fuel, but it's dirt cheap.
>>
How do muscle work?

So you Eat more and exercise but how does that make muscles
>>
Re: single hand curls
I have this habit of holding my breath when i lift. Its not even the heaviest thing but i just do it, and more so the more the burn comes on.

>whats the proper way to breathe while lifting?
also,
>what speed should i lift at?
i might be going a bit fast. Its not the heaviest weight, which brings me to the next question:
>how many reps should i be able to do with a weight before adding it to my routine?
im not looking to max out what i can do 5 reps with, but i want a guideline of when to move up.
>>
Hey /fit/!

I just realised that I have some sort of mobility problem not really covered by the sticky. My lower body is stiff as fuck (probably hamstrings but not sure). I can't even do a body weigh good morning because my hips can't flex enough, so my lower back bends instead. And It's like all hell breaks loose in the back of my knees and my thighs (hence why I think it's the hamstrings). Likewise, I can't perform L sits or leg raises with good form because when my hips are flexed, I just can't get my legs straight.

Anyone have a solution for this? It's starting to be a problem for leg days because my deadlift and my squat sucks...

Thanks!
>>
File: 2016-08-25-20-11-30--664103606.jpg (4KB, 220x146px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-25-20-11-30--664103606.jpg
4KB, 220x146px
I drink a shit load on milk, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, no problems ever eating any dairy products. Got some ON gold standard whey and God damn, It comes out as quick as it went in.

I bought a 5lb tub and don't want it to go to waste so what can i do? Would putting it in oatmeal or drinking my shake after a meal fix this?

Also does this mean I have nigger genes in me?
>>
I started SS but about 4 months in I decided I should be cutting first

Whats better for avoiding losing muscle - trying to increase weight anyway when I can or just keeping up the lifts I had gotten to until I'm done?
>>
>>38459570
If the volume is otherwise consistant, up the weights wherever possible. You can make gains and lose weight simultaniously, the magic of noob gains.
>>
>>38458292
Just eat 300 under Tdee, unless you're turbo fat, in which case 500 under and more cardio. Try the cutting version of ICF 5x5
>>
>>38459436
If you're doing something like heavy dl's for low rep then holding you breath is fine, some claim it gives you more power due to it bracing your core more. But generally for most lifts inhale on the concentric exhale on the eccentric part of the movement
>>
File: grip-strength-deadlift-1024x1024.jpg (123KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
grip-strength-deadlift-1024x1024.jpg
123KB, 1024x1024px
A while ago I read a thread where some anon mentioned something about a company who gives out diplomas for people who could completely close their grip strengtheners, but unfortunately I have forgotten the name of this company, so if anyone could be so kind as to point me in the right direction I'd be very happy
>>
>>38459772
Captains of Crush by IronMind

http://www.ironmind.com/product-info/grip-strength-training-tools/captains-of-crush-grippers/
>>
>>38459555
back out which hole
>>
File: 1469070825861.jpg (91KB, 640x677px) Image search: [Google]
1469070825861.jpg
91KB, 640x677px
How much of that "starvation makes you fat" mantra is actually legit?

I decided that I've been getting too fat so I put myself on a diet. At the end of the day it's pretty scarce; fruit, black coffee, water for breakfast plus a powerbar if I'm still a bit peckish, black coffee and peanut butter sporadically through my day (typically 14+ hours on my feet at a hospital) as needed, dinner is usually a light meal of some kind of protein and vegetable.

I don't really feel hunger pangs through the day, but occasionally I'll get deep cravings for the garbage I was shoveling into my body. People have been noticing my losses already, and a landwhale that I work with was quick to admonish me for the dangers of a "starvation" diet.

Now, I know with this setup that my caloric intake is way in the hole. I feel fine after a month of this though, and I'm not one to argue with results. I still go out to dinner occasionally but I don't feel any need to gorge myself or smash into a wall of fastfood again.

Am I really going to balloon back up again with no warning due to a sudden slowing of my metabolism? Would an ECA stack prevent this?

Pic related, what I used to do before I got out and got fat
>>
>>38457935
What is the functional purpose of a strong core in regards to running and mobility (climbing, jumping, crawling and etc)
>>
>want to lift everyday
>people tell me no
>decide to lift every other day
>lose motivation to actually go

Can I just do my SL daily?
>>
>>38459932
it's no meme that your body, particularly at the beginning, needs a day of rest between each session to let your muscles recover and rebuild

If you want to do a 5-day split where none of the same muscles are worked two days in a row, feel free. But if you're losing motivation to go now just wait.
>>
>>38459783
Thanks anon
>>
I was thinking of adding curls to StrongLifts 5x5 at the end of both A and B days. But would this not leave my arms enough time to recover? (Still taking rest days in between of course.)
>>
File: Forrest-Gump-74.jpg (23KB, 406x412px) Image search: [Google]
Forrest-Gump-74.jpg
23KB, 406x412px
>>38459786
My buttocks
>>
File: 1466839292362.png (50KB, 255x204px) Image search: [Google]
1466839292362.png
50KB, 255x204px
>>38457935
That picture makes me diamonds every time.
Please tell me there is more
>>
>>38459812
Listen m8, I dropped 80 pounds by starving myself. Anyone who tells you depriving yourself of energy doesn't reduce fat is giving you a line of bullshit.

That being said, it does drastically slow down your metabolism. So if you decide to binge, you're gonna gain a few extra pounds back. But once you stop you show go back to normal
>>
Will I lose gains if I stop taking creatine? Need to know
>>
File: 1411866060615.gif (2MB, 347x298px) Image search: [Google]
1411866060615.gif
2MB, 347x298px
>>38457935
Is it safe to lift heavy a day after having my wisdom teeth yanked? I read something about "avoiding strenuous exercise" but idk. Most of the swelling has gone down and I'm getting antsy.
>>
Friend gave me about 2lbs of protein powder he had lying around because it expires next month, is it okay to use?
>>
>>38460024
That's fine as long as it didn't get wet or something. Look inside and see if it's clumped up. The powder will only go bad if bacteria start to grow in it, and in order to grow bacteria need water and heat. If it's not been put in an environment rich in those things it's okay for many months after that date.
>>
>>38460024
>it expires next month
I don't know, what do you think
>>
>>38457935
I asked in the last thread but got no answers. What's a good soy protein powder?
>>
>>38459555
Pls answer this sum1
>>
File: l1a8wLaS.jpg (422KB, 1202x1800px) Image search: [Google]
l1a8wLaS.jpg
422KB, 1202x1800px
>>38459555
Pls respond
>>
>>38460024

It is until next month.
>>
>>38457935

Best sources and outlines of an ECA stack?
>>
>>38460018
Pls respond
>>
>>38459812
The problem with crash diet is that you damage your metabolism so much that you can't eat normal quantities for month after. You won't be able to eat normal quantities, or what you would expect your TDEE to be, for maybe a year or so (depending how long is the diet in the first place obviously).
Remember, slow and steady wins the race...
Evaluate your TDEE, eat this amount of calories less 500. With around 130g of proteins per day (1g per pound of lean body mass) to prevent muscle loss. Complex carbs to avoid fogginess.
Yes, it's long. But consider the time it took you to pack your extra fat... And that way you won't damage your metabolism.
>>
>>38460018
Yes, all your gains will disappear over night and you will go Auschwitz tier in 3 days.

Don't confuse gains and muscle volume. Since creatine increase water retention in muscle, you'll probably loose that water. But if you call that "gains"...
>>
>>38459439
Bump please. Anyone with experience on that, or advice?
>>
>>38460244
Don't joke about that anon, my grandfather stopped taking creatine and he got sent to the ovens by mistake.
>>
can anyone share their possible experiences with BCP 157? I have tendonitis and im considering it.

doctors in the netherlands are pussies and im scared that when i go to them again hell just tell me to "rest it" (after 3 years of suffering and 5 months of rest).

i want out. I want it to be over. i want to start living my life again.
>>
What kind of training would be good for dancing 8+ hours. I'm really enjoying the rave scene but my last event had me exhausted by the end (and literally dead after the second shoulder ride).
I'm starting SS because fuck it It's a starting point but I'm still curious if there's an endurance training that might be fun.
>>
My pack of oats tells me that it's 370 calories 12g protein per 100 g but online stuff says that oatmeal is 70 calories 2.5g protein per 100 g
Am I literally being jewed when I cook it?
>>
File: .ff.jpg (25KB, 274x277px) Image search: [Google]
.ff.jpg
25KB, 274x277px
posted this question already but to get the body in pic related i searched up brad pitts routine and found this

https://www.popworkouts.com/brad-pitt-fight-club-workout-tyler-durden/

does this seem like a good routine or am i being jewed
>>
>>38460651

As a general rule, anyone trying to sell you a routine as what some movie star did for a role is full of shit.

It's also a pretty terrible routine, but that'd be true whether or not Pitt ever actually used it.
>>
>>38460651
>no chest
>no traps

I smell die jude
>>
>>38459555
>>38460118
>>38460123

Yeah bro? What did you want to know?
>>
>>38460670
alright so im new this board hate to ask you to spoonfeed me but can you rec a good routine to start off a newfag?
>>
>>38457935
I fucked up my thumb yesterday playing football, I sprained it, can't put any strength into it and can't bend it.
Is there any way I can still lift heavy shit today or should I give my thumb a rest?
>>
>>38460702

Read the fucking sticky pleb

Buy or torrent starting strength
>>
>>38460716

You don't need your thumb for squats breh
>>
>c/p from other thread
5'10 (178cm) ~170lbs (77.5kg) here 2 month into the lifting and i'm doing gslp fit edition
I started every movement with empty bar to;
squat -> 163lbs / 74kg
deadlift -> 191lbs / 87kg
bench -> 114lbs / 52kg
ohp -> 79lbs / 36kg

Started skinnyfat mode with no muscle now still skinnyfat but with some muscle.My weight stay same in two months.Diet is semi clean recomp mode with ~120g protons.

My bodyfat specially in belly area is noticable even in cloths.Didnt change much in 2 months but i'm looking little bigger than 2 months ago.I know my lifting weights are not impressive but still progressing.
Is recomp meme or should continue this way?
>>
How do I transfer from dumbell curls to barbell curls?

I'm broke and can't afford to buy heavier dumbells but have more than enough weight for my barbell
>>
Why do legs have this special burn feeling compared to other muscles when exercising?
>>
>>38459370
Your exercise puts a lot of pressure on the muscles, this causes them to break, but just very little. Fully healed muscles are stronger than before.
>>
Im at 42.5kg OHP in SS, finding it really hard to make the jump to 45.
Could I change it to push press to make it easier to progress?
>>
My elbow started hurting after a week of doing russian pushups. Now my wrist also hurts. Possible tendinitis.

I have workout today. What should I do?
>>
When OHP ing is it correct to help with legs for the first part or not?
>>
Is there anything horizontal rows hit that a chinup or pullup doesn't?
>>
>>38460244
>>38460274
Fun fact: Hitler took five scoops of creatine a day.
>>
>>38461193

Much more rhomboids and middle traps. That's most of the difference.
>>
>>38461154
don't use your elbows or wrists. use the day for mobility, etc.

>>38461128
give it a try

>>38461176
no, that's called a push-press

>>38460944
>How do I transfer from dumbell curls to barbell curls?
not sure i understand the question.
start using the barbell instead of the dumbells?

>>38461193
traps
>>
>>38461128
Option A). Deload
Option B). Buy microplates
Option C). Try to do as many reps as possible on 45kg, push press the rest. Up weight again when you can do 3x5 good strict reps. Repeat
>>
>>38461128
Nope. Either eat more and get better rest or deload. I had the same problem and just deloaded for 5kg. Suddenly I had no problem progressing past my prior sticking point.
>>
>>38461209
>don't use your elbows or wrists. use the day for mobility, etc.

but muh gains...
>>
>>38457935
What's a good chest accessory exercise? I've been doing SL 5x5 for 6 months now and I want to start adding some volume for hypertrophy. I read on here a week ago that incline flys are good.
>>
First day in the gym and I followed ripto's starting meme, after the deadlifts I felt great, like a tank, and then I threw up like there was no tomorrow.

At 9 I had a bowl of milk and cereal, at 11:30 I worked out and hydrated with a bottle of water (sparkling water, I think that may have been the culprit). Does anyone have any advice as to why this happened and what I can do to prevent it?

Thanks in advance!
>>
>>38461234
you'll get better gains taking the day off
>>
>>38461237
The main problem on fullbody routines for pressing movements is that tris and front delt get overworked when introducing accessories. Flies bypass this, so do flies.
>>
>>38461262
that reminds me of another doubt I've always had...

For how long does the caloric surplus contribute to muscle growth after a workout?

So, if I work out today, for how many days forward would the muscle need the surplus to increase in mass?

Also, should I maintain that surplus even if I don't train today or for 3 days?
>>
>>38459439
Bumping again. For great justice.
>>
>>38461283

About forty hours or so, maybe more depending on things.
>>
>>38461246
don't drink carbonated stuff prior to workouts. try again and see if results are different
>>
>>38461283
Depends on how hard you hit the muscle, the type of muscle, and your hormones. Usually 2 or 3 days, but up to a week. So you need the surplus all this time.
>>
>>38461246
Throwing up is a safe sign on noobs that they did exhaust their body.

This should go away quick as your body, especially your blood flow, gets used to it.

Should this stay after a few weeks, visit a doc.

As this is a sign of your blood circulation not keeping up, be careful not to collapse entirely.
>>
>>38461306
if it's a circulation problem would some light cardio like running help?
>>
How long does cooked meet store in the fridge?
I cooked a lot of chicken breasts on sunday, and I haven't eaten even half.
Looks alright, but as they are approaching a week old, I am unsure about eating them.
>>
>>38460020
do not
>>
File: 1471214541130.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1471214541130.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>38461281
Cheers, fella.
>>
I've been going to the gym for 3 weeks.

For the first week at the gym I was sore as fuck every day afterwards

The past two weeks I haven't been sore afterwards at all. No delay muscle soreness or anything. I'm lifting as much as is physically possible and often can't finish the last set.

My roommate/gym buddy is sore as hell but lifting less than me. Why aren't I sore? I should be sore right?
>>
>>38460020
is that called the "going home handstand"?
>>
>>38461319
I wouldn't go beyond 5 days, but depending on how it's cooked, how fresh it was, and your immunity system I'd say a week or even 8 or 9 days is a possibility. If it smells weird, don't eat it. If you're getting sick, throw it...
In the future, try to freeze it if you realise you won't be able to eat it!
>>
>>38461353

Soreness has basically no correlation to effort. It's all about the novelty of the training.
>>
>>38461317
How much fitness related activities have you done in life? It is very common for couch potatoes to throw up on their first exercises.

In these cases the problem solves itself within a few sessions really.
>>
File: 1462500728272.jpg (73KB, 486x832px) Image search: [Google]
1462500728272.jpg
73KB, 486x832px
Tailbone hurts when I'm at the bottom of my squat.
Should I stop or just tough it through?
>>
Is it possible that all my skin problems, mental health problems and physical health problems have been caused b avoiding masturbation?

Sounds retarded I know, but for about 2 years I avoided masturbation and didn't really think much of it other than it's best if i can control it; but I've had health problems and lately I've been doing it twice daily for about two weeks and I feel so much better.

!. I'm not stressed all the time anymore.
2. I have no depression.
3. My libido's improved.
4. My workouts have stopped stalling.
5. I can concentrate better on things, no more intrusive thoughts.
6. I don't sleep as much, I used to sleep 10 - 12 hours and still be tired, now I sleep 7-8 and wake up feeling refreshed.
7. My skin's stopped breaking out and I've got smoother, softer skin.
8. My face looks younger.

Is my body producing less testosterone, more oestrogen or less cortisol or something similar? Anyone have any idea what's going on here?
>>
>>38461417
Healthystrokes dot com offers a lot of proven benefits and hazards of masturbation.
>>
>>38460801
You're doing fine anon, don't worry about fit memes irl. 2 months isnt a long time in terms of lifting and your numbers are good for a beginner of your height and weight. Just keep on trucking, you're not gonna look great with your top off for another year or two so the most importnat thing is to stick with it consistently.
>>
>>38461246
If its your first day, dont go yolo-ing into deadlifts. Practice the movement with low or no weight before you throw any pl8s on senpai, dont wanna see you in snap city.

Throwing up is quite common for noobs. Take it easier, build up to a full routine with heavier weights over a course of a week or two, your body is gonna suffer regardless but you can make it easier on yourself.
>>
>>38460584
Run a lot pal
>>
>>38460586
Its around 370 (mine is 374 but w/e)
>>
>>38460801
recomp isnt a meme, its just a slow and precise process and too much of a hassle for most people.
As long as you can put weight on the bar and dont start stalling and feeling burnt out, your diet is fine, try it out. GSLP is also made so that you don't have to eat as much as on SS (when you're 2+ months in as you are). Keep at it anon
>>
>>38461473
thanks anon
>>
Thinking of getting in a bulk next wee. Have everything planned (diet, work out plan). How long should i go for a bulk and how long should i cut afterwards if I wanna have a decent body in the summer ? I ll not be dirty bulking.
>>
>>38459439
It is covered in the sticky, it's simply that mobility work isn't explained well, and that your understanding is poor. I was the same way the first time I was introduced to /fit/ and it took a long time for mobility stuff to click

The Lower Extremity Basic List
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl53kPn_YXU

cliffs:
> ensure that your hip joint is mobile
> foam roll posterior chain
> static stretch, contract and relax stretch
> warm up properly

I highly recommend Becoming a Supple Leopard, I torrented it before buying, although if you want the information is freely available on the net, just harder to grok.
>>
>>38461511
>>38461556
Thanks for feedbacks guys.I know 2 months is nothing and actually "the look" is not problem right now.
Just wanted to know is recomp good for lp type lifting or must go for bulking.Because when i started as a skinnyfat i just tought if i bulk it will turn me to fat guy maybe it was wrong idea dunno.
Anyway i choose recomp and hearing that was right choise is good sign.
Thanks again.
>>
I've never been to a public gym before, and i just started lifting at my homegym.
I spend 90% of the time just waiting/recovering between sets.

Is that how it looks like in a public gym? People mostly just waiting between sets?
Are you supposed to give the power rack to somebody else while you wait to recover for the next set?
>>
>>38461754
>Is that how it looks like in a public gym? People mostly just waiting between sets?
not really, since most people in public gyms do some kind of weird brosplit.

>Are you supposed to give the power rack to somebody else while you wait to recover for the next set?
depends how crowded it is, but sharing equipment is pretty standard in many gyms.
>>
>>38461667
Thanks! I read the mobility part, but english isn't my mother tongue, and although lifting and dieting vocabulary is OK, I may indeed have gotten lost in what was actually said...
>>
>slight pain in calf
>next day, redness like a rash
>area as stiff as a board, can feel it when walking
>feels like a bug bite, but no stinging point, just itchy

Can this be muscular? I don't think this is a bug bite but I have no idea what it might be either. I ran for a bit, no overly heavy exercise though.
>>
I ate 80g of protein in one sitting, with no other macronutrients. Have I 'wasted' this protein or have I been memed by broscience.
>>
>>38460110
>soy protein powder
>good
>>
>>38460110
careful with dat estrogen
>>
File: 1468877572651.png (753KB, 884x672px) Image search: [Google]
1468877572651.png
753KB, 884x672px
In the past 2 months I've gone from 189lbs to about 182 lbs (6ftf2). I've been lifting 5 days a week and running 1-3 miles a day during those times. I radically changed my diet from fast food and soda to water and stuff I make on my own. Been eating on about a 500 cal deficit since I started.

While I've definitely seen muscle gains I still have fat in my man-tits and gut that I'm hoping to cut out before I do a clean bulk.

Is it normal that I've only lost 7 pounds in 2 months doing this? Based on lurking /fit/ it seems like people rotate cutting/bulking on a shorter timespan. But at this rate I'm not going to be at my goal BF% for at least 4 more months. Is that normal or do I need to cut more?
>>
>>38461353
>often can't finish the last set
If you're following a beginner program, you're lifting too much. And I was only sore for my first week too.
>>
>>38461640
read the sticky

and how the fuck are we supposed to answer when you give no stats?
>>
Is biking a good way to lose weight?
>>
>>38461754
>Are you supposed to give the power rack to somebody else while you wait to recover for the next set?
It's called "working in" and it's good gym etiquette. Doesn't take any longer, either, since as you said, resting is part of many programs.
>>
>>38458031
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
I got aching at the top few discs of my t spine, particularly on the one that sticks out at the base of my neck. I cant tell if the bar was hitting them on back squats.

Is it possible deadlifts could cause pain in the upper spine. The pain would only be after lower day.
>>
>>38462198
read the sticky. eating less is a good way to lose weight. you can't outbike a bad diet.
>>
>>38462231
>eating less is the only way to lose weight
fix'd
>>
>>38462234
or eating the same and burning more kcals through exercise
>>
>>38462075
halp pls?
>>
>>38462234
>>38462350
Aight, stop eating so much and so unhealthy, and biking. Guess I'll should reduce my beer intake as well. I'm getting fat, but not over the point of no return yet.
>>
>>38458109
Why would you not drink tap water?
>>
I've always thought i had gyno. Yesterday night, however, i noticed one of my nipples is normal sized for a man, is just the other that is expressed and pointy. Today, i touched it and found a ''bump'' in it that the other doesn't have, right under the skin.

Should i be worried?
>>
Is GOMAD really safe?
I'm worried about Cholesterol and shit
>>
>>38461319
smell, taste, useby are all good indicators
the colder your fridge the longer it lasts too
also the use of spices will provide a slight microbial effect. The colder it's kept = the longer.
>>
>>38462640
No, I have the same thing. Kinda annoying but not anything serious
>>
File: 2016-08-26 15.30.13.jpg (2MB, 2121x3771px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-26 15.30.13.jpg
2MB, 2121x3771px
Did some Greyskull and my strenght improved by quite a bit. But I still look like fucking shit.
What do ? Bulk ? Cut until I see abs and then bulk ?
>>
>>38460674
>die jude
Learn 2 german, du Arschficknutte von einem Untermenschen! Ab ins Gas!
>>
File: LessLegs_FB_LP.png (53KB, 923x690px) Image search: [Google]
LessLegs_FB_LP.png
53KB, 923x690px
Pic related, yay or nay?
>>
If I wanted to start taking roids, how would I go about it? What do I start on? Is there any guide to them?
>>
Sarted cutting a week ago (2000kcal/day, 237 lbs, 5.9ft). Was at the gym today and now my stomach tells me "Hunger!" albeit I had lunch. This did not happen before, neither when doing cardio (one hour of riding the bike) nor when working out. Is this rather a sign of an caloric intake too low or of the wrong makros? Is eating 100 g of cottage cheese the right way to cope with this shit?
>>
>>38462640
>Today, i touched it and found a ''bump'' in it that the other doesn't have, right under the skin.
Don't worry. It will go away when you are through with puberty.
>>
>>38462784

More muscle = more HDL and less LDL. If you're young and don't have a family history of heart or cholesterol problems, there's absolutely 0 to worry about, and there are far worse risk factors than dietary cholesterol and saturated fat on LDL levels.

>>38463032

Well what are your macros? If you eat 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight and aim for 35g of fibre, you shouldn't have too much problems with hunger.
>>
>>38462858
christ you look terrible. Are you sure that your posture is fine? That could explain why your chest looks fucked. Maybe your shoulders should be further forward. And yes you should cut. Cut until 10 or 12 pct bf and then bulk again.
>>
>>38463113
thanks man
>>
Is this HIIT?
https://youtu.be/Vve4BVTZ0QU
>>
>>38463113
>protein
Thanks, I guess there's the road to improvement, more of that funky shit.
>>
>>38457935
should I have my coffee an hour or like 20 minutes before lifting? I'm doing around 40-60mins before but dunno if its optimal
I've tried drinking and lifting right away and it didnt mesh up very well, probably because of past anxiety/panic attacks
>>
First time using barbell to curl
Do i count the bar?
>>
>>38463127
Ooh yeah, in that pic I pulled my shoulders back for some reason. So I cut until see abs. Thanks man
>>
>>38462819
>>38463046
I'm 19. Hairy as a monkey,6'1,, voice similar to Morgan Freeman's. Does the puberty-thing stil applies to me? Could i even be stil in puberty?
>>
>>38463202
just see what your body does. drink coffee and stay aware of when your heart rate goes up, when you start feeling more alert
caffeine usually takes ~30 minutes to take effect, but it varies between different peopl
>>
>>38462931
why not just PHUL?
>>
File: 2016-08-26 16.17.05.jpg (3MB, 1676x2981px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-26 16.17.05.jpg
3MB, 1676x2981px
>>38463127
Better pic. Btw, do you think I have wide hips or just fat ?
>>
File: just.jpg (96KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
96KB, 720x960px
>>38463287
probably fat

pic related is me, see my hips and you'll think it's wide hips when in fact its just fat
my fat deposits are basically all on it, if I push the fat to my back I have straight hips

you're fine hombre
>>
>>38463287

Hard to tell about the hips, but your shoulders are pretty broad so I wouldnt worry about it even if your hips are wide.
>>
>>38463334
You don't really have wide hips mang. What's your routine ?
>>
>>38462858
>Did some Greyskull
Two weeks doesn't count
>>
>>38463404

3x5 for compounds, rest is 3x8

3x week

A
Bench
Deadlifts
Pull-Ups
Some kind of curl variation
Hanging Leg Raises

B
Squats
OHP
Yate Row
Weighted Dips
Lateral Raises
Hanging Leg Raises
I look like shit because I've been cutting for too long, pro tip: never bulk as skinnyfat and always count kcals but well, learned my lesson through experience.
>>
>>38463211
An Olympic barbell weighs 20kg/45lbs. You count the weight you are lifting, consisting of the plates and bar.
>>
>>38463428
Around 4 months. I went from 60kg deadlift, to 110.
Bench from 40 to 60kg
Squat from 50 to 70kg
Ohp from 40 to 50 kg
Also curls from like 20 to 30
>>
>>38463551
Well done. Just giving you shit. Try eating at a slight deficit until your lifts falter, then at maintenance, then a small surplus. Noob gains should help you gain muscle while losing fat for a bit longer.
>>
Quick question fit: what to order when chilling in a bar and socializing with people, but still making gains and not go over a cut or a lean bulk?
Diet coke seems ok calorie wise, tea or coffee during the day, but anything else?
>>
>>38463598
Thanks mang
>>
File: 1457565599966.jpg (60KB, 331x515px) Image search: [Google]
1457565599966.jpg
60KB, 331x515px
where can I cop pic related tank top?
>>
>>38463619
Best alcohol opinion is vodka mixed with chilled drink. Vodka with diet coke is like 30 calories. Usually I put one glass of vodka and one glass of sugarfree coke. I drink all the vodka, then all the coke
>>
>>38463689
Ok thanks. Though alcohol isn't good for building muscle is it? Or am I just to autistic about it?
>>
File: REEEE.jpg (18KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
REEEE.jpg
18KB, 600x600px
Why can't I squat?
I'm half slav. It's in my gene, it should be easy.
REEEEE
>>
I want my forearms to develop, is it worth doing extra forearms exercies on leg day?
>>
>>38463712
It hinders it if you dont workout because of hangover. It's like drinking soda
>>
Will doing a daily push up routine actually do anything for you or is it just a dumb bro tier meme?
>>
>>38463765
Ok, thanks a bunch! I never miss a workout anyway. I adapt, but always kinda do something.
>>
Is it autistic to put tank tops inside your shorts? and then pushing it a bit out, I enjoy the aesthetic and reminds me of old school gyms

>>38463773

Won't do shit but build endurance

go to the bodyweight generals for better info
>>
My gym only has over head and floor pulleys, which are better for face pulls and what grip should I use?
>>
>>38463773
It will make you stronger and fitter and give you some mass.
>>
>>38463689
>Vodka with diet coke is like 30 calories
If the bar you're in makes highballs with less than 1/2 oz. of alcohol. Typical serving is 1-1.5 oz.
>>
>>38463828
I read that on some website, and they calculated it as how much alcohol you get out of it. Vodka should be the lowest caloric intake, better than wine, beer or tonic gin
>>
>>38463820

endurance is what I need.

>go to body weight general

Will do.
>>
>>38463334
>>38463334
>>38463334
guy from this post here

can I end up like pic related after I reach 10% bf? I have at least a bit of muscle mass
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 500x270px
>>38459976
Pls respond... advice from people who understand routines & programming much appreciated...
>>
>>38463264
Bump.
>>
>>38463878
You have muscle mass, but not enough to look like that.
>>
>>38463731
Is it u eestiboi
>>
i got some pain after rowing the other day and it felt similar to when you sleep in a weird position, but now its still there 2 days later and feels like theres one vertebrae that really hurts when i sit down and it touches the back of a chair, but it doesnt feel like it protrudes compared to the rest
>>
>>38459812

If you have any muscle you'll lose that shit like crazy on too much of a deficit, but unless you are doing something retarded like -2000 kcal a day or something you won't hurt your metabolism
>>
I recently stopped lifting for two months because of increased working hours followed by two weeks of traveling.

I was doing SS without cleans, my baby lifts were:
>squat 97.5 kg
>DL 120 kg
>bench 55 kg
>OHP 47.5 kg
>row 60 kg

How should I return to lifting? Should I re-test myself or something like drop everything by 15-25% and continue?
>>
Candito LP or Greyskull LP for a novice lifter?
>>
File: 1467579829687.jpg (354KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
1467579829687.jpg
354KB, 580x435px
I've always been a highly skinny skellywig of skellington cove. I've come to terms with that and I've been gaining a 'natty' body or whatever since I started gymmin a year ago.

I have broad shoulders, pronounced chest and abs, my back is coming along nicely, and my legs are skinny but lean.

The only problem is my arms. They're a lot bigger than they used to be, but they look ridiculously thin in proportion. Especially my wrists - for some reason my wrists are stupidly thin. I think this is hindering my forearm and arm process just through genetics or whatever.

Does anyone know of any method I could use to fast track my arms and forearms to help them catch up? I have an arm day i follow and my arms do progress... but they are hella skinny.
>>
>>38463551
That kind of process is what i'd like to be doing, you sound similar to me.
>>
File: Blood-Donation.jpg (893KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Blood-Donation.jpg
893KB, 1500x1125px
Can you get paid for donating blood and how long after donating blood can I start heavy lifting again with no problems?

I have like 5€ to my name to last me until the end of the month and I'm considering donating blood if I can get paid. Even then, I don't know when the next time I'll get paid is. My parents sent me a few thousand Euros to continue studying but the bank screwed some shit up and I won't be able to receive the money for another 2-4 weeks. I already asked for forgiveness on the late rent for September so the only thing I'm worried about it being able to feed myself. I really don't want to stop lifting and eat only rice and icecubes for the next month but if I can't get more money asap looks like I'm gonna have to do so.
>>
>>38457935
Do facepulls belong on push or pull day? I do them on push because shoulders are on push and because they complement bench, OHP and dips nicely but every routine I see has them on pull.
>>
>>38464321
I don't know about where you live, but in America there isn't really anywhere that will pay to donate blood, but blood plasma goes for a decent price, depending on where you hit. But you'd probably be better off just selling some shit you don't need, or borrowing from a friend.
>>
>>38464321
If you're getting paid then the word is selling, not donating.
Anyways they tell you not to do any exercise the day of, however you're fine to work out the day after.
>>
I just got diagnosed with cervical spondylosis. Arthritis of the neck. It's been causing me pain in my left arm.

What kind of lifting can and can't I do with this condition?
>>
File: chenok.jpg (9KB, 220x200px) Image search: [Google]
chenok.jpg
9KB, 220x200px
Is clean bulking a meme?

I make sure I get 1g proton/1lbs bodywieght and stay under 80g fat, and don't really pay attention to carbs.

I find it hard to eat 2500kcal without eating 'dirty' foods like muffins, ice cream, fast food as I hit my protein goals within 1700kcal usually and am fucking full and in no way can eat another 800kcal of chicken and rice.
>>
I have an injury on my big toe that is just not healing. I got it about a month ago playing basketball, im pretty sure i sprained it. the pain comes and goes, but it just won't go away for good. It used to have some swelling, but that's pretty much gone. It's just the pain that's left. do I need to just be stubborn and not do any cardio for a little while, or will this just go away even if im playing basketball regularly?
>>
I popped my knee doing too heavy squats and now I have chronic pain. It's usually just the occasional tingle but it flared when I tried squatting again.

Is body weight squats enough?
>>
>>38461414
Make sure you keep your core tight and be careful of depth. The lower you go, the more likely you'll experience lumbar flexion.
>>
>>38463551
That is god awful progress for 4 months. You should have been able to squat 2 plates within 2 months. You need to eat more, not less.
>>
>>38464177
Work back up like it was your first day and see where your lifts land.
>>
>>38464396
Eating clean is not productive for gaining weight.
>>
>>38464396
Hard to hit 2500... Just drink them if necessary. Plus clean bulking doesn't refer the kind of food you eat, but rather to the small surplus of cals...
>>
>>38464433
No. Learn to squat correctly.
>>
I have 0 sex drive lately. All i care about is keeping by bodyfat at sungle digits and my lifts 1 2 3 4. I dont go out anymore even if people ask me to. The downitime between work and working out i play stupid vidya. I havent got a boner in 2 weeks and i dont fap.
>>
>>38464247
Seconding this.
>>
>>38464247
Candito's LP is a good routine but i think it has way too much volume for a novice. Besides, as a novice you'll benefit the most from the high-specificity that simpler routines like SS or Greskull provide.

So i'd say you should go with SS for the first few 2-3 months and then, when deadlifting and squatting in the same day gets too tiring, switch to greyskull, and maybe add some cool accesories like weighted chins/rows/weighted dips
>>
>>38464321
You'll want to donate plasma, you can do this 2x a week. Blood you can only donate once every 4 months or something. Here in the US if I hadn't been accused of being an IV drug user I would be donating my plasma 2x a week for $50 a week. I don't know why they thought I was an IV drug user and banned me from all the plasma clinics so yeah.... FML
>>
>>38464707
start roiding
>>
>>38458031
>I don't like the blandness of water
>I don't like water
>I don't like water

go back to whatever alien world you came from
>>
File: 1471920873314.jpg (165KB, 768x820px) Image search: [Google]
1471920873314.jpg
165KB, 768x820px
>>38458095
>A "Lower" day and a "Legs" day

Makes me mad every single time
>>
What do I do when I'm not lifting? I have the day off today and I already finished working out. Now I'm sitting at my desk like I have been for hours. What the fuck am I supposed to do? HELP
>>
File: inb4sandnigger.jpg (185KB, 1467x720px) Image search: [Google]
inb4sandnigger.jpg
185KB, 1467x720px
newfag here, bulk or cut?
>>
>>38458044
How's your balance? I'm legitimately curious about what it's like to be missing the first or fifth toe
>>
>>38464914
Research more into nutrition, body fitness, composition, structure, etc.
Learn how your body works.
>>
Can anyone elaborate on the deloading part of progressive overload? I've been adding weight to my lifts and logging my food every day but I'm not sure I understand how to deload when I eventually stall.

>Bonus

If I'm doing 5x5 are the first two sets supposed to be warm up, or should the weight be uniform over all 5?
>>
>>38458044
How's your balance? I'm legitimately curious about what it's like to be missing the first or fifth toe
>>
>>38464950
if you cut, you'll look like shit, more so than you already do. You have ZERO muscle to cut to.
>>
>>38464914
pick up a hobby
>>
Is keto better than calories in calories out on a balanced diet? I've lost 100 lbs and I have about 50 to go but I've been stuck and keto is the only thing that seems to move the scale
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (3MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
3MB, 300x225px
>>38463986
>>
>>38458569
use a belt
>>
If a girl on tinder says

>rly i'd like to get a bite to eat and then back at your place
>are you generous baby

Does that mean shes a whore and she wants cash or that she just wants me to pay for dinner
>>
>>38465028
Wrong. Its not like you can't build muscle while cutting.
>>
>>38465057
Pls respond
>>
>>38465092
it means shes probably trouble either way
>>
>>38465092
Give her the good old question mark.
>>
>>38465095
Maybe for 4 weeks.
>>
>>38465095
you can't, not any that would improve that physique.
>>
Are muscles on women really frowned upon by normies?
>>
>>38465092
yes to both.
>>
>>38463671
Easy to produce yourself. Just tell people it's lighting, and you're a big fan of that man who runs fast.
>>
>>38465057
it's the same as any meme diet. On keto you're still eating at a deficit. It's no better or not worse, it's just different and easier for some to adhere to. You can also try IF. Again, nothing special, nothing better, just different.

>>38465192
depends
>>
File: w2ZlpSd6.png (7KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
w2ZlpSd6.png
7KB, 400x400px
Got my first number from tinder.
>Decided I was done with the app, matched with this chick today,
>sent really short and direct messages
>after a while asked if she wanted to hang out
>said I'll give her my number to set it up (she is going away tomorrow)
>exchanged numbers
>throughout it all, she responded positively and with emojis.
>could be dtf but also a really friendly prude
She's going away for a week on a cruise: my question is, do we keep in touch all these days and just bullshit by text messages or do I write her in around a week and set it up?
Was thinking to ask her some stuff like what she's into and some other bullshit small talk
She doesnt have the best face but she's acceptable, with a good body she could be a solid 7
I dont wanna fuck this up, I'll keep the detached and concise act without sounding too much like a robot, joking here and there.
I can be pretty autistic about this shit, like, it's 8.45pm, we exchanged numbers one hour ago and said a couple things. Do I wait tomorrow to write some simple message to keep it alive?
>>
>>38463287

Your bones are fine you just have zero muscle mass so you look like a skinnyfat fag
>>
How does being on a cut and reducing the carb intake interact with taking metformin? Any dangers known?
>>
>>38463287
>>38462858
>>38464594
this tbqh. You can cut if you want but you'll look just as bad. You need to build muscle.
>>
>>38457935
Is 6 days with no rest days ok? the third and sixth day would be cardio and maybe accessory (forearms, traps, core, maybe calves)
>>
>>38465372
>or do I write her in around a week and set it up?
Yes. She's not gonna be bothered to keep texting you when she's on a cruise. Tell her that if the ship doesn't sink you should hang out after, and when the week is up text her and ask if she's dead or not.
>>
>>38465488
protip:rest days doesn't mean rest 100% of your body days. Yes you can workout 6 days a week as long as you don't work the same groups back to back.
>>
>>38463878
No your proportions aren't right. Greek statues all have a similar physique. Small legs, small chest, with a thick solid core and decent arms and back. You have a weak core and a big chest.
>>
>>38465493
I'm such a retard
She just wrote "you doing something tonight?"
And I like a dummy said "watching x show...why, wanna do something?" instead of just a fucking "not much, u?"
Now she told me she's out with friends, she asked "just talk" (not english so translation is funky). and I close with a beta "oh ok, have a nice evening"
yuck
>>
Humorous fitness youtubers? Broscience doesn't update often enough for me.
>>
Why do our bodies plateau during weight loss? I lost 25 pounds this year like it was nothing and now I feel like each ounce is difficult. I'm eating at a 500 calorie deficit, so I don't get it.
>>
>>38465551
I'M GONNA FUCK THIS UP I KNOW FUCK ME I WILL ALWAYS REMAIN A KISSLESS VIRGIN REEEEEE
>>38465575
elgin?
>>
>>38465586
>elgin?
he doesn't update enough either.
>>
>>38465583
a. you hit equilibrium
b. your counting is off
c. you lie about what you eat
>>
>>38465608
yeah I guess, there arent many humorous fitness yters
I follow alan, omar, scooby, elgin. elliot was funny when he went crazy, now his channel is a borefest
>>38465616
or
4)your metabolism actually adapts and you need to confuse it
>>
>>38465616
unless my food scale is violently switching accuracy day-to-day, my counting isn't off.

Mainly asking because I fucked up for two months eating like shit and am trying to get back on track. Somehow I didn't gain much weight through the fuckup but I got back down to my previous all-time low and now have been stuck at 177-ish for like two weeks now.

Am I just being impatient?

>>38465638
>4)your metabolism actually adapts and you need to confuse it
explain.
>>
I'm doing
30 minutes cardio
10x crunch
10x reverse crunch
10x lateral crunch
10x pushup

And plan to add reps if mass isn't enough after I'll be slim

Is this enough for ottermode?
>>
>>38463824
Plz respond
>>
>>38465658
>unless my food scale is violently switching accuracy day-to-day, my counting isn't off.
I'm not saying your scale varies in accuracy, I'm saying it very easily could be you.
>Am I just being impatient?
probably
>>
>>38465663
lol
>>
>>38465663
You don't need three types of crunches
Put in some triceps back and leg work
Ie pull ups diamond push-ups and squats
Make sure to do three sets too
>>
>>38465663
depends on your starting body
>>
>>38465703
Oh yeah 10x squats too I forgot that
The three types was so that I could train the different types of abs and not only focus on upper
What would you suggest for the other things?
>>
>>38465658
if you eat less and less food, after you burn some fat, your body just boots up with less processes at startup. I read that the last bit of fat is the one it hangs onto for dear life
I also experienced this myself, eating at a surplus for a while raises my metabolism and the opposite lowers it
>>
>>38465638
>4)your metabolism actually adapts and you need to confuse it
>a. you hit equilibrium
same thing
>>
>>38465730
I've been on the diet for the better part of 4 months now. Should I change it up?
>>
This is a bit of a strange question but here goes
So I'm a professional violinist that's also trying too be /fit/
Obviously, I'm a Jew and can't go to the gym so I do bw stuff and dumbells
So my question is this: I've heard(from scooby) that normal palms down push-ups are bad for your wrists. Because violinlyfe, I can't afford any wrist/hand injuries. Is it true that I shouldn't do palms down, because then it's nigh impossible to do diamonds?
Tldr: will palms down push-ups hurt my wrists significantly?
>>
My legs have been falling asleep more lately since losing weight. If i sit without moving for more than 20 min, they start getting all tingly. What's up with that?
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1280x720px
how do I into allmight mode
>>
>>38465966
Do so many forearm exercise that your forearms are bigger than your triceps
>>
how can i widen my upper arm? that bone on the inside of my arm at the elbow still sticks out. my biceps are getting big but i'm putting loads more time into my triceps and seeing little growth comparatively
>>
What's the best protein powder to get at Walmart?
>>
>>38465541
welp, I think my core will look better once I lose that fat
how do I into core? I deadlift, squat, ohp and do hanging leg raises
>>
File: that's_questions.jpg (60KB, 640x560px) Image search: [Google]
that's_questions.jpg
60KB, 640x560px
What's worse for recovery and proteosynthesis? Drinking 4-5 hours after a workout or 30 hours after? It seems like a no-brainer bnut the whole "you grow while you rest" complicates the matter?
>>
>>38457935
Am I supposed to suck air into my stomach to brace my core/back for deadlifts, in the same manner I do with squats?
>>
Anyone take anything for energy? Im consistently tired as fuck so its hard to work out. Energy drinks justwerk but its shitty to drink liquid cancer everyday.
>>
For rows, can I substitute Pendlays with regular bentover rows? I have T-Rex arms and my back just rounds
>>
Have decided to give up on barbell bench after a rotator cuff injury today. Was often stalling on it already and I don't have a spotter. So what's the best alternative to barbell bench press? Dumbbell bench, dips? (Can't do flyes)

Also what shall i do about this (suspected) rotator cuff injury? See a physio or chiro? Or just take a break for a while and ease back into things?
>>
>>38466270
>inhale into your belly
>brace your abs while holding it in
godspeed, brah
>>
>>38466285
it sounds like you're not getting enough sleep. No energy drink will fix that.
>>
>>38466270
Yup, it's called the valsalva maneuver

>>38466290
Yeah hard to do pendlay rows without good mobility. Yates (regular) bent over rows hit your back a bit differently but should be fine. Give T-bar rows a go too. I prefer them
>>
Am I missing anything on my routine or am I hitting all the muscles?

I do Deadlifts, Bench, Squat, OHP, Yate Rows(underhand, not sure if I should do overhand), preacher curls, lateral raises(sometimes a bit bent over), pull ups, dips, hanging leg raises and hyperextensions
>>
>>38465721
Rep numbers are irrelevant. Just do 3 sets of each til near failure. Progressive overload is key.
>>
>>38466360
thx
>>
File: barbellflies.jpg (143KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
barbellflies.jpg
143KB, 1920x1080px
What's wrong with barbell flies exactly? Is "kek barbell flies" just a /fit/ meme? There's no better exercise for training stabilizing muscles in your back and shoulders. I've been doing them for a few months and can do sets of perfect reps where the barbell doesn't tilt at all.
>>
>>38466298
>>38466360
Thanks, brotein shakes.
>>
>>38466401
dumbbell flys aren't that good for you let alone barbell, that dude from athlean-x is a professionalk physio that trains famous persons so he seems to know what he's talking about
>>
>>38466401
>still on empty bar after a few months
>>
how much is smoking impacting my lifting?
i smoke about 2 packs of marlboro red 100s a week
>>
>>38467656
a lot
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.