[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knee support

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

What kind of knee support is this? Are they ace bandages wrapped above and below his knee? I see this a lot in weightlifting, where in Power Lifting you see more of those neoprene knee sleeves that cost like $50 each. Pros and cons?
>>
>>38453812

They're cloth wraps. They have to be wrapped a certain way and require some expertise to do so. They offer more support than the neoprene.

I'd stick to the neoprene unless you know what you're doing.
>>
>>38453311
They're very light knee wraps, fairly similar to ace bandages.

A neoprene sleeve is probably the best choice IMO
>>
These are knee wraps. Like bandages that have to be laced up. Useful for moving seriously heavy loads.

He has knee sleeves on too pulled down his shins, like the poster above mentioned. They range from 3-7/8mm thick and provide varying levels of support.

Hookgrip make nice thinner ones that don't really give you anything in terms of a lift, but feel nice and tight and keep your knees warm.

Rehband make nice 7mm thick blue ones that feel really good. I'd go for these at a comp/going for a 1rm.

I'd definitely pick knee sleeves over wraps and over a belt.
>>
I've got SBD's and don't have any complaints.
>>
>>38454179
Ah, you know what? I didn't even realize those were knee sleeves. I've seen Brian Shaw wear them at his shins too. I just assumed they were to protect his shins during the deadlift.
>>
How are these helping you moving fuckhuge weights? Legit question
>>
>>38454400

Compression on the knee joint which stores elastic energy and helps you bounce upwards by releasing said elastic energy.
>>
>>38453311

http://store.hookgrip.com/shop/russian-knee-wraps/

You can buy those at pharmacies in russia for $2

http://www.unga.ru/category/index?id=9

Anyone know where to order those directly in russia?
>>
File: lu-xiaojun-snatch-pulls.jpg (132KB, 1350x898px) Image search: [Google]
lu-xiaojun-snatch-pulls.jpg
132KB, 1350x898px
What kind of knee sleeves are these? They look quite thin.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.