[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swim/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1471051989484.webm (3MB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
1471051989484.webm
3MB, 700x394px
How do I stop swimming like a flailing retard /fit/?

What are some basic tips?
>>
Keep your arse on top of the water
>>
>>38452973
I'm pretty sure all flailing retards stop swimming by simply not moving anymore.
>>
>>38452973

>implying lededcky's WR is anything special

She's broken the WR 5 times in the last 4 years iirc, the last time before the olympics that she broke it was in January this year.

As for legitimate advice, pay for a couple of 1 to 1 lessons. It's no different from having a PT or even just a friend at the gym helping you with your form.
>>
>>38452973
>Tighten your whole body, specially your core
>The legs is extremely important, you need at least 6 kicks per arm cycle. Bend the knees a little, but keep the legs up. Don't splash too much water.
>Don't move the front arm until the rowing arm goes all the way back
>Breath on the same side every cycle.

Also front crawl is the only way to go.

Back crawl is stupid. Butterfly is a meme but gives you a killer back. Breaststroke is for the eldery and terminally ill.
>>
>>38453396

>bend knees a little

Wrong. Straight legs, only your feet should be coming out of the water.

>breath on the same side every cycle

You should be breathing every third stroke, so changing sides each time.
>>
>>38452973
The level of womens sports.. the inconsistency just tells it all. In mens theyre always pretty close because they all train hard. In womens theres 1 or 2 great ones and the rest are just fodder that dont deserve to be there
>>
>>38452973
It's ok you'll get bored in week once your interested in the sport due to the Olympics has died down and you realise it actually requires effort
>>
>>38453294
anon pls
>>
look up Full Immersion Swimming tutorial
>>
>>38453348
Didn't she break the 1500 10 times and every previous record was her own?
>>
>>38454080

5 times total for that too, and yeah, each one was her own PB
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.