[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working out with anxiety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1471319952691.jpg (51KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
1471319952691.jpg
51KB, 450x300px
Any bros do this? Does it curb your panic attacks? Does it ever get bad in the gym?
>>
>>38450817
Only thing I workout with is Linkin Park you dyel Pajeet
>>
>>38450833
Thanks. Anyone else?
>>
I go to the gym with a friend but otherwise I wouldn't be able to.
I find that while doing an exercise the panic starts but usually afterwards it's gone
>>
>>38451234

That's what I mean. I've been doing lots of cardio, but it's really difficult for me with the added problems of anxiety. Harder to breathe, chest pains, etc. It's putting a damper on my progress
>>
>>38450901
Yeah and slipknot too.

God you are such a pussy. I used to bully kids like you back in high school.
>>
I just started getting anxiety attacks this year, probably due to work stress. I've been lifting for eight years, and noticed that the anxiety attacks only started after I stopped lifting two months ago due to an injury.

My theory is that lifting was actually holding them back. So lift away, brother.
>>
>>38451250
Why not go outside for cardio? When I get that runner's high it overrides any anxiety/fear I have at that moment
>>
>>38451250
But seriously why do you have anxiety? I wanna know, did you go through some traumatic incident?
>>
>>38451296

I think it's a quarter life crisis or something, but I don't know for sure. Started getting panic attacks and anxiety really hard in the last couple years, and I think it's just all related to my stagnant life. Which I'm trying to at least improve a bit with physical fitness
>>
>>38451280

I honestly suck at running outside. I just can't do it for long. But on a machine, put a tv infront of me and I can run forever. It might not be as good for me or natural, but I've gotten good results so far
>>
>>38451330
Well my advice is bring a friend.
If it becomes to much isolate yourself on the toilet or something take a few deep breath's and then retry.
Usually the best way to overcome anxiety is by facing your fears so don't give up! sure its hard af but it's worth it
>>
File: images.jpg (20KB, 345x426px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
20KB, 345x426px
>>38451320
Do you have a job/ go to college? It's good that you are trying to improve yourself. Try joining some help group, it'll help you a lot.

Sorry for making fun of you earlier. Hope you get over this.
>>
>>38451381
No friends where I live. Moved around a lot in my life.

>>38451389
Yeah I work at the hospital for over a year now. I'd like to join a group but I don't know if I can myself to do it. Maybe when I improve myself more. No worries, I laughed, and thanks. Off to the gym now, thanks everyone
>>
File: 1469243316687.jpg (60KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1469243316687.jpg
60KB, 604x453px
>>38450817
Going to the gym and getting my pump is the only thing that will give me 0 anxiety for about 4/5 hours
I always try to schedule my gym sessions before a social event
This way I can get a mire from a girl and follow up on it by talking to her
>>
File: Here_comes_the_train.gif (2MB, 260x195px) Image search: [Google]
Here_comes_the_train.gif
2MB, 260x195px
>>38450817
Cardio at the gym use to trigger my panic attacks, especially when I was short on breath. If you are doing obsessive cardio like I was, then you can be wearing yourself out and making it worse.

My shitty job and shitty family life where causing the stress and panic attacks (plus a fucked up childhood). I addressed the underlying issues that where triggering my panic attacks and it helped more than anything.

Panic attacks are your bodies way of dealing with stress. Think of it as a cave man response from your basic primal instincts.

Also I recommend these supplements
VitD3 - 2000ui
Omega3 - 2000mg twice a day up to three times a day
A good probiotic
Low dosage of Iodine - if you have thyroid issues in your family
Also, mother fucking sleep and water, good protein.
>>
>>38451389
>Sorry for making fun of you earlier. Hope you get over this.

aside from all the shitposting, /fit/ is still the best board on 4chan.
>>
>>38451596
When you do too much cardio you increase your cortisol a lot. You know the stress hormone
>>
When I'm really emotional or sad or mad about something, I get really hard progression on my lifts.
>>
>>38451914
Yeap exactly.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.