[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you get motivated? i have many goals but can't achieve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1454403838991.jpg (162KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1454403838991.jpg
162KB, 960x960px
how do you get motivated?
i have many goals but can't achieve most of them due poor motivation
>>
>>38450028
My motivation comes from hatred for my job. I keep telling myself that if I'm not 40 pounds lighter by the end of the year so I can join the military, I will end my life. I refuse to spend another year in that factory.
>>
>>38450028
my motivation is the gains ... and also being pre-diabetic

I grew up with my father having type 2 diabetes and saw what he went through because he didnt want to be active to control it.

Seems like a really bad ride so Im trying to avoid that as much as I can.

Do it for your self senpai
>>
do a lot of cardio and drink a lot of water.

put aside time to motivate yourself
>>
>>38450028

motivation is bullshit.

you have goals which is good. but how do you plan on achieving those goals?
whatever it is you need to get it in your head to make some progress on that goal each and every day. the key to succeeding comes down to two things, maximizing your efforts and consistency.

let's say one of your goals is to learn some piano piece for example.
you dont have to jump in and try to play the whole piece every single day but you better make sure you at least touch that piano every day.

with time, (couple of weeks usually) you sitting down at your piano becomes habit. once its habit youll run into those days where you just dont feel 100% and dont want to play piano are the most important days to practice.

anyway, thats my 2 cents.
>>
>>38450202
thanks anon, your example made me think a lot
>>
>>38450110
What country?
>>
>>38450028
God fucking dammit she's attractive. Her face looks like a Starbucks chick but her body is way different. Absolutely 10/10.
>>
>>38450028
It is possible to become motivated by simply deciding to become motivated. It's by following a process of getting the lower and primitive parts of your brain/psychology in sync with the higher parts. This can be done by repeating certain statements of intent, like saying to yourself "I will become fit, I will do what it takes" a few times in a row. I would recommend getting a notebook and literally writing it down, fifteen times, line after line, because it effectively forces the animal parts of your brain to pay attention to the leader, who has made a decision.
>>
>>38451244

I want to lick her.. taper.
>>
Fuck motivation, motivation is a fickle bitch. Get some discipline, it will serve you a lot better.
>>
>>38451341
how to get discipline by yourself?
>>
>>38450028
there is no motivation, only discipline.

the people who make it, they are disciplined and thats it.

the people seeking motivation are those new years lifters on january 1st who quit after 3 weeks
>>
>>38451578
By training your willpower like a muscle, because physiologically it acts exactly the same as one. Discipline is applied willpower combined with good habits.

For example if you've bought a bunch of candy and you know you don't have the strength NOT to eat it all, force yourself to wait 10 to 20 minutes with the candy right in front of you before doing so. Also, forcing yourself into doing little things which are honestly a pain will train your willpower, too. Tidying your desktop is an easy example.

Something to keep in mind is that it's possible to over-train your willpower in a sense, as it's finite. If you've drained it all in the morning, in the evening you'll be much more susceptible to your routine temptations.
>>
definitely not girls that take steroids
>>
I have no motivation, I just do it like its a job I hate but can tolerate. Thats how I ended up losing 30lb and getting laid.
>>
>>38450149
Same here. My Dad eats like shit, has a huge beer belly and very seldom works out. Heartattacks run through the famiy and on top of it all he has diabetes and has to take medicine.

FUCK THAT

that's not who I'm going to be when I'm older.
>>
>>38450028
Theres no motivation. Theres no magic. You want something, you work to get it. Thats what being a real man means.
>>
>>38451681
stop this meme plz
>>
>>38451804
So you're saying if she was laying in your bed naked begging you to fuck her, you wouldn't?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.