[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 31

File: dKtdLlF.jpg (68KB, 640x606px) Image search: [Google]
dKtdLlF.jpg
68KB, 640x606px
Dumbass question I know but here it goes:

What if I load up a Deadlift heavier then I can lift (say 250 kg) and I try my darndest to lift it. I do this every time I am at the gym.

Wouldn't I one day be able to pic it up? The exhaustion of trying to lift it , wouldn't it be pretty much my 100% RepMax? Or is it really the con/eccentric movement that is needed? How long do I have to try to lift it to be effective since I can't do reps?
>>
>>38449779
Depends, how many scoopz you taking?
>>
File: 145325.jpg (44KB, 391x380px) Image search: [Google]
145325.jpg
44KB, 391x380px
>>38449779
This is one of the quickest ways to tear a bicep, you may think you can handle that weight but your body has a different story to tell.
>>
File: 1323850087108.png (50KB, 209x201px) Image search: [Google]
1323850087108.png
50KB, 209x201px
You'll get injured m8
>>
>>38449789
>>38449793

Will I get strong enough to actually rip of a muscle without moving a weight? I gotta try this shit.

>Also what I envision:

https://youtu.be/mS3PGKUiSco?t=5m9s
>>
>>38449824
Stop watching your autistic chinese cartoons, and go back to >>>/a/
>>
>>38449789
>>38449793
>>38449821

Wouldn't this work, say, for an isolation movement? A deadlift got your legs ripping your arms, amiright?
>>
>>38449840
Just don't do what OP is saying, you WILL fuck your shit up. A repmax isn't supposed to be something you can only lift while shitting yourself and bleeding and nearly killing yourself. Progress safely and slowly, it's your body m8
>>
Assuming this would somehow build muscle, you've still only been training for the first 1% of the movement. So you get it an inch off the ground (most likely only one side) and then it falls back down because you don't have nearly the strength to actually deadlift it.

You're a retard.
>>
>>38449875

If I can get it up 1 inch I need to increase the weight. It shouldn't be able to move at all.
>>
>>38449779
starting my first bulk soon, 5'9" and 140 lbs @ 15% bf. i can hit my macro goals within the first 1600 calories (171 g carbs, 27 g fat, 165 g protein.) can i just eat whatever the fuck i want for the remaining ~800 calories?
>>
>>38450033
Basically, yeah
IIFYM master race
>>
File: 1468945796088.jpg (112KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
1468945796088.jpg
112KB, 533x800px
>>38450033
Yeah. I track only protein and calories.
>>
>>38450033
>>38450041
Didn't notice the 27g fat, dude bump that shit up. that's pathetic
>>
What does high test actually mean? Like the defition of the phrase
>>
>>38450052
1/2 cup of peanuts is 36 g fat, 17 g protein, and 420 calories.
>>
>>38450033
>>38450052
This. More Fats in your diet, that should most likely make up the remainder of your calories.

Honestly, I just drink milk if I'm short on calories.

I find it bizarre that people have such a difficult time eating 2k+ calories in a day.
>>
>>38450073
obese
>>
>>38449779
Static contraction exercises, doesn't work for deadlifts but things like squats and leg press. Basically you just make sure your not locked out and supporting the weight on your skeletal system so your basically doing a snall fraction of a rep, you load as much weight as your can on it and increase by about 10% every week.

Makes you look autistic as fuck but it has helped me significantly improve my squat by doing it once a week with my normal routine which is essentially a dumbed down SS without cleans.
>>
>>38450085
i mean im a skelly piece of shit now but i used to weigh 255 pounds. eating 2k cals/day is a cake walk. i could easily do 4k/day but i dont want to get fat again. my TDEE is 2200-2400 cals so im going to bulk at 2500-2700.
>>
>>38450118
Well hello new friend
>>
Have been lifting for 3 months, and my joints ache constantly (not just muscle soreness post workout). My form's good, I'm talking elbows due to biceps curling, shoulders after shoulder press etc..

a. What do? Rest until they stop then resume?
b. What could be the problem - mechanic or supplemental?
>>
>>38450140
You shouldn't need supplements to have normal joints. There is a lot of support groups, tendons and ligaments, that need time to adjust. While your muscles might be able to move a certain amount of weight, early on your support groups may not. That would be my guess.

You might want to see a doctor though.
>>
>>38450073
high testosterone. As in you have so much testosterone that any woman, even fat ugly ones, would give you a boner and you'd want to impregnate them. Think arnold and his maid.
>>
>>38450331
So, you're saying I should keep lifting through it? Or maybe I should sustain my current weights until my body adjusts? I didn't think this was common for beginners.
>>
>>38450349
Sorry i meant when reffering to women as high test? Or is it basically the same
>>
>>38450357
IDK man, you should know better than anybody. If you are that worried about it, go see a doctor to be safe
>>
>>38450579
I don't think anyone refers to a woman as high test. When someone says high test towards a woman, they're saying you have to be high test to want to fuck her.
>>
File: 1471652872804.jpg (13KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1471652872804.jpg
13KB, 320x320px
GUYS

I feel like I'm cheating with my squats. I go atg but sometimes I feel like I'm using my upper back to lift the bar up when I'm coming up. Is this a thing? How do I fix it?
>>
So I started counting my calories ye and I managed to lose 7 proper pounds in 10 days (all the apps say it should be 1 pound per week so I feel pretty good about that) but I have one question. So I made some rice ye and on it it said that 205g of it has 235 calories on it but that turned out to be a lot of fucking rice bruv.

My question is, do it still be 235 calories even if it's a lot of rice and it got big from the water? Cuz I barely finished half of it and I feel full as all hell so I'm thinking I done fucked up. Thanks in advance bruvs.
>>
File: 1468925397727.png (200KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1468925397727.png
200KB, 2000x1333px
>>38450644
The calories on the rice package are for the uncooked rice. Since the only thing added during cooking is water, the calories should not increase like the rice does in size.
>>
>>38450644
It's hard to imagine anybody getting full on 235 cals of rice. Your measurements are off somewhere
>>
>>38450668
Thanks bruv. One more ye, can something increase in calories if it's cooked without anything being added to it? I'm english btw
>>
>>38450644
stop talking like a faggot. You lost 7lbs in 10 days because you changed your diet and your body is adapting to it. It was mostly water weight. Happens to everyone who starts losing weight.
>>
>>38450706
pertty shit b8. You have to be pretty retarded to not know the answer to that.
>>
>>38450702
Why's that? It's what it says on the bag bruv

>>38450708
So what will happen next bruv?
>>
There's a mini heatwave where I live and I lift in a conservatory like area with no A/C where it is hotter there than it is outside.
Will it hurt to wait until the weather cools down, rather than lift in 30+c heat?
>>
>>38450720
chemistry and shit you can never be to certain about these sort of things
>>
>>38450732
>will not lifting hurt rather than lifting?
>>
>>38450702
>>38450727
Because that's the calories for around 1 cup of cooked rice. That's not a lot
>>
>>38450735
has nothing to do with chemistry, you can be very certain about these sort of things.
>>
>>38450033
>bulking @ 15%
You should be cutting
>>
>>38450740
Shit nah bruv compared to some of the nonsense I had this morning this shit proper filled me up haha
>>
>>38450754
Certify me please bruv
>>
Every time I start moving up in weight on exercises that involve arm extension (bench press, tricep extension or dips, things like that) I get this weird pain in my left elbow.

I'm a DYEL guy starting out and it almost feels like a tendon or something is sliding side to side over a bone. On my bench press the other day, I went for my bodyweight for 5x5 and on my last set couldn't finish because of this pain.

Is this just a result of being unfit/skinny or do I have a genuine problem.
>>
>>38450636
If you actually do it, which is really easy to check recording yourself, then lower the weight, it's too much
>>
>>38450735
you cannot create energy from nothing, if anything it could only lose calories
>>
>>38450781
chemical physicistician right there, thanks bruv u the man
>>
>>38450740
Wait do I measure the rice after I cook it or before I cook it?
>>
Nevermind it says on the packet you're supposed to measure it after you cook it. brb running dem bitches off, no wonder I felt so full ye
>>
If I'm lifting while cutting should I be focused on strength training? Is it pointless to do hypertrophy (e.g. do a lift for 3x8 instead of 5x5) while cutting?
>>
>>38450815
Measure the rice before you cook it. It doesn't matter how big the rice turns after you cook it, because 1 cup uncooked rice will always be consistently the same. Every grain of rice in the pot came from that 1 cup of uncooked rice, so the entire pot will still be the same caloric make-up.
>>
>>38450845
lifting while cutting is all about muscle loss mitigation. Doesn't matter what type of routine you do, it won't give you the results you think it will, it'll just help you not lose muscle.
>>
>>38450898
I feel you bruv but on the bag it says it's 235 calories per 205 g of rice and then bellow it it says 75g of uncooked rice turn roughly to 205g of the cooked rice which means I overate

thanks bruvs u was alright ye
>>
>>38450773
You may have some cartilage issues. Get it checked out.
>>
File: 1468929513133.gif (51KB, 390x392px) Image search: [Google]
1468929513133.gif
51KB, 390x392px
Help me out here /fit/, this may be a stupid question though so feel free to call me out if it is. Let's say we had two people. Both wanted a caloric surplus. Person A consumes about 1800 calories a day and burns about 500 calories in an average work out. Person B consumes 2000 calories but does more at the gym, burning about 700 calories.

Would there be any appreciable difference in their gains? Pros/cons to either? Does it matter at all? All numbers here are hypothetical btw.
>>
>>38451446
More you burn better gains
Though if you're eating unproportionaly more then you won't be cut/athsetic, just strong.
>>
>>38451575
So if I was looking to get stronger, but wouldn't mind dropping a bit of fat along the way, it would be more efficient to do this by burning calories rather than restricting them? Not to imply I'm looking for an excuse to eat a shit ton of food, I'd still limit the intake I just want to prioritize strength.
>>
Do I really have to spend 20 minutes a day stretching? Should I be doing it in the mornings after wake up or before or after a workout?
>>
>>38450739
I should rephrase that.
Will it hurt my gains taking off a week or two here and there in the summer?
>>
I have been cutting for over a year went from 240lb to 140 no exercise.
Had thundertights before always chaffing, but now my legs cant even touch eachother.
I know i was a fatfuck and that's the reason I had big legs, but now I have such tiny skelly legs I am ashamed of myself.

Wich excercises are better for legs and glute hyperthophy?
Will i have a harder time achieving my t-rex goal?
5'5'' 22yo fm
>>
Is SL really a meme? Been thinking that I need to start a proper routine, plus it had that nice phone app. I just feel like working out only three days a week is too similar to those '7 MINUITE WORKOUTS GET HOT BY SUMMER' things.
>>
Whenever I point my left foot downward I get a sharp burning pain in the ankle. Any idea what is causing this?

The right foot is totally fine but when I do leg press calf raises my left foot feels like it's on fire.
>>
>>38451707
You'll have to do math.
>>
>>38451825
Squats and RDLs a bit heavier. Lunges and Glute bridges for higher reps. That Should get you going.
>>
3 weeks into SL and making decent progress (no gains) but I haven't seen any reliable progress pics online. So I'm thinking of switching as strength isn't my main priority. The AWR routine looks like it would build more muscle mass and still get linear gains. AWR routine:

Workout A

Squats
3x8-10
Bench Press
3x8-10
Rows
3x8-10 reps.

Workout B
Deadlifts
3x6-8 reps.
Pull-Ups (or Lat Pull-Downs)
3x8-10 reps.
Overhead Shoulder Press
3x8-10 reps.
>>
File: 104.jpg (144KB, 704x1583px) Image search: [Google]
104.jpg
144KB, 704x1583px
I'm 90kg 6'1 man on my first cut. 2kcal per day sounds reasonable?

I run 4 times a week over 10km each session, should I add this to the calorie balance? I'd like to end the cut asap but I dont want to lose my noob gains.
What do?
>>
File: meditations.jpg (2MB, 1518x2333px) Image search: [Google]
meditations.jpg
2MB, 1518x2333px
Does anyone have the text/picture from marcus aurelius - meditations about getting up in the morning?
I saw it in a motivational thread.
>>
>>38452094
hi /fit/
So, I've been at 78 kg and 18% body fat for the past four years (175 cm, that's a tad heavy but I have a wide frame, non-lifters would sometimes compliment me on my physique when I was actually DYEL as fuck)
I decided that I want to get stronger (I don't care about appearance so I'm just eating the same things as before, fairly healthy and balanced anyway), so about a month ago I started working out; doing a bodyweight routine atm but I'll join a gym soon. I'm pushing myself fairly hard, training for strength (5 sets of 5 reps)

my question is:
My muscles are slightly bigger and harder, there have been decent improvements as far as exercise difficulty / rep count goes, but the change in both weight and body fat has been negligible (measured almost every day in the morning)
Is this normal?
>>
>>38452280
welp, didn't mean to quote
>>
On the end of September I will scale a mountain of more than 4000 meters. I'm a DYEL skeleton, but strength won't be a real problem, I figure, as I am a relatively experienced climber (indoors).
However, it's necessary that I work on my condition, as I'm not (yet) accustomed to this kind of strenuous physical labor.
For this reason, I set my mind on starting with jogging this week or the next, in order to improve my condition. However, it's also my goal to start getting fit, which makes me wonder, would it be better to, instead of focusing on running/condition until the end of next month, just start with a regular fitness workout, including running/condition.

I'm also interested in the fitness gear I should get, to be exact, the shoes. Would regular running shoes do the job if I start jogging now (I'm guessing trail-running), and will I still be able to use them later on when I decide going to the gym? Or should I get crossfit shoes immediately, and will I be able to use these both in and outdoors, also keeping in mind that I don't have much of a budget?

TIA, /fit/
>>
>>38452060
just fucking stick to SL until the weight on the bar gets heavy. you can fuck off to some other program then but doing 3x8-10 with the bar is going to give you 0 results.
>>
Should my shoulders be sore after doing dips or am I doing them incorrectly?
>>
Can someone explain to me why you need to eat to make gains, I understand you need protein to rebuild muscles, but what do carbs do for your gains?
>>
Just got back from a 2 week surfing trip and can't complete my previous lifts, is this normal?
>>
>>38452492
dips hit front delts hard as fuck so yes.
>>
I just started lifting for the first time 3 months ago and I'm 60kg and 5'8". I've been eating more but I think that because of the lifting and increased activity that I'm doing, I haven't been gaining weight. I've actually been sitting right at 60kg for 3 months now.

My stats are improving every week. I know I'm skinny, but am I reducing potential strength gains by not eating a caloric surplus?

I'm not saying I refuse to eat a surplus, but I'm wondering if the 3 months of work I've done has really affected my progress that much?
>>
>>38452560
You're wasting your time if youre not eating at a surplus. Unless you're overweight already
>>
>>38452506

Your body will just use the protein for energy if you're not getting more than your TDEE. Also you need carbs for muscle glycogen (the storage form of carbohydrates). Glycogen is the primary fuel your muscles use for energy production; therefore, optimizing glycogen stores is important.
>>
>>38452599
Have I really wasted my time though? As I said, I'm increasing my lifting stats every week. Therefore I'm getting stronger, right?
>>
Is there legit no "appetite increasing pill"? Besides weed?

I feel like puking every time I wake up and eat. I've tried everything, chugging water makes me bloated and gross, forcing food makes me feel like garbage, waiting an hour hardly helps (I wake up at 8 and usually don't get hungry until 12.)
>>
any tips on how to deal with ingrown toenail?

so fucking tender
>>
Yesterday, after ~1 hr at the gym doing some intense lifting, I went to the restroom, but couldn't piss. A min later I was washing my hands and my bladder relaxed and I wet myself. Is this a problem? Am I sick or something? First time this has ever happened to me.
>>
>>38452614
you could have been increasing your lifts per workout. In three months on a proper bulk, as a beginner, your lifts would have impressed you and you wouldn't be asking these questions.
>>
>>38452614
No, you're not exactly getting stronger, its to do with you adapting to the exercise. look it up as I can't be asked to look up sources atm
>>
>>38452647
>>38452648
Makes sense, thanks for the advice, lads.

No more half-assing the diet, then.
>>
>>38452625
>chugging water
wut? Why not just eat calorie dense food?
>>
>>38452642
that's really fucking odd
>>
>need to bulk
>at the same time can't eat anything dairy and need to save money for a car

Hello? What do I do?
>>
>>38452684
Like milk and cheese and stuff? Or "Whole grain bread"? Because I feel like ass and want to throw up every time I try. I can hardly get a piece of toast with nutella down, or a bowl of oatz.
>>
Lads, what stretches or auxiliary lifts to help with butt wink ? Squatting a meager 160 lb but I would like to start improving this before I go further
>>
>>38452699
chug oil

>>38452722
like peanut butter, ice cream, and fats/oils (butter)
>>
File: aHSYUCo.jpg (45KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
aHSYUCo.jpg
45KB, 900x900px
>WHAT
>WHAT
>WHAT
>WHAT

Yo guys I heard that if you do more explosive movements in your exercises you get better results. Is this true?

More speed = more power amiright?

The returning eccentric motion should be slow though.
>>
>>38452828
not necessarily true.
>>
File: 000000.png (57KB, 861x522px) Image search: [Google]
000000.png
57KB, 861x522px
>>38452828

Yeah its all that about myoreps, how much effort, fatiguing your muscles yadayada.

You got this squared formula were the faster you do a motion the lesser time it takes, since it is time*force=energy you should get the same. But you exert a greater force, imagine throwing a ball far vs short.
>>
>>38452828

Gotta go fast
>>
>>38452280
pls respond
>>
>>38452280
the size of your body is dictated by the amount you eat. Where that size goes is dictated by your activity.
>>
>>38452996
Yes, but what surprises me is that I've gained quite a lot of muscular power and a little bit of muscular size (still shit compared to the average /fit/ poster, but whatever) while not losing a measurable amount of weight or fat.
>>
>>38452996

Hey all I have transformed weird when I started lifting, I got from 83 kgs to 98, without changing my physique. My lifts hardly improved wtf is happening to me.
>>
can i do cardio after i lift
>>
>>38453079
because you didn't eat. And you didn't gain any muscle strength (and arguably any muscle size, but we'll take your word for it). Your body just got good at doing the exercise. Thank your central nervous system for that. You didn't lose any weight because you didn't change your diet.
>>
>>38453152
>lifting: builds muscle using calories (during the following ~30 hours)
>cardio: immediately burns calories
sure, you can do that if you want no gains
>>
>>38453152
sure. You can even do a little cardio before you lift to warm up.
>>
What do you guys mean when you say someone is on gear?
>>
>>38453186
steroids
>>
>>38453186
it means they're on some performance enhancing drug, ie ROIDS
>>
>>38453186
hogging gear you'd like to use
like say, you want to bench, but this one faggot is sitting on it chatting with a mate
>>
>>38453198
>>38453200
thanks. was just a bit confused if it was a fat burner thing as well.
>>
>>38452215

At dawn, when you have trouble getting out of bed, tell yourself: 'I have to go to work — as a human being. What do I have to complain of, if I'm going to do what I was born for — the things I was brought into the world to do? Or is this what I was created for? To huddle under the blankets and stay warm?'

— But it's nicer in here ...

So you were born to feel 'nice'? Instead of doing things and experiencing them? Don't you see the plants, the birds, the ants and spiders and bees going about their individual tasks, putting the world in order, as best they can? And you're not willing to do your job as a human being? Why aren't you running to do what your nature demands?

— But we have to sleep sometime ...

Agreed. But nature set a limit on that — as it did on eating and drinking. And you're over the limit. You've had more than enough of that. But not of working. There you're still below your quota.

You don't love yourself enough. Or you'd love your nature too, and what it demands of you. People who love what they do wear themselves down doing it, they even forget to wash or eat. Do you have less respect for your own nature than the engraver does for engraving, the dancer for the dance, the miser for money or the social climber for status? When they're really possessed by what they do, they'd rather stop eating and sleeping than give up practicing their arts.

Is helping others less valuable to you? Not worth your effort?
>>
>>38453266
>tip fedora
>>
>>38453162
>And you didn't gain any muscle strength
>Your body just got good at doing the exercise
I doubt I can go from barely doing 5 pushups to being able to do 10 one-handed pushups just by learning the exercise, but sure, whatever you say
>>
>>38453368
that's not what I said, but you're a retard so I can see how you would think that.
>>
>>38449779
>ITT: OP wants to break his fucking spine in half
>>
>>38452368
bump
>>
>>38450118
This has helped me too. Just feeling the weight on your system. Not sure if it's mental or biology but this bro science tip works.
>>
Broke a squat PR while going to the gym with a cold, now I feel completely, totally and utterly drained (5 hours after).
If my fever goes away, is it a good idea to run a 5k tomorrow?
>>
File: idk.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
idk.gif
999KB, 250x251px
should I workout if my muscles still hurt from previous workout?
pls respond
>>
File: lens-compare.jpg (555KB, 960x901px) Image search: [Google]
lens-compare.jpg
555KB, 960x901px
Scrawny /p/haggot here. What muscles do I need to train to be able to hold heavy lenses steady for extended periods?
>>
>>38453692
sure 5k never killed anyone
>>38453700
unless we're talking 9.5/10+ pain, yeah work through doms. doms are good. means you're doing good.
>>38453701
bis/tris. possibly chest depending on how you hold it idk. surely not back.
>>
>>38453701
>shoulders to stabilize the lens
>strong core to stabilize your body altogether
>>
I just joined a gym with a pool. Is swimming really a god-tier form of cardio?
Is there a c25k type of program for swimming? I'm not even sure where to begin.
>>
>>38451905
There will always be people on either side of the program debate, but you will get stronger if you follow the program (or any of the ones in the sticky) and it's a very well-designed app.
>>
Will the coffee shits ever end?
>>
File: Hypertrophy-Strength-Rep-Ranges.png (42KB, 1008x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Hypertrophy-Strength-Rep-Ranges.png
42KB, 1008x1008px
>>38452060
>>
File: BamwN.gif (2MB, 350x266px) Image search: [Google]
BamwN.gif
2MB, 350x266px
>>38453762

4th test, 3 sets 80% vs 1 set 80%, was there no difference in strength? How little do you need to work out actually? 5 reps total? 10?, 25? 35?
>>
>>38453701
Everything, you faggot

You don't want to wind up with muscular unbalances, and a basic level of /fit/ness is like basic anyway
>>
is there any benefit to working out in sweatpants and a sweatshirt?
i typically work out in a tank and basketball shorts or something similar, but I've been thinking about working out in heavier clothes to sweat more to loose more fat. I'm not fat as is, im about 150 at around 15% bf and 5'9", so i dont even know if I'd be able to notice a difference
>>
>>38453266
Yet another /fit/izen who just finished reading Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
>>
>>38452060
change your diet not the program for mass
>>
>>38453967

Wew lad!

Sweating more does not mean higher fat burning. BUT
Burning alot of fat produces excess sweating.
You could argue that you deplete more sweat it is easier for the body to burn fat to restore sweat to excrete. But having warmer clothes will just make you warmer and lose the will and power to lift heavier.
>>
>>38449779
A deadlift consists of actually picking up the weight and using your ENTIRE body to move the weight into lockout. Trying to pick up weights on the ground unsuccessfully works out nothing, if you're lucky you'd be able to learn about not ego-lifting
>>
>>38454023
damn i feel stupid now, thanks anon
>>
I'm switching from SS to SL today, starting with workout B. Is this routine okay? Are these lifts conflicting?

Squat 5x5
OHP 5x5
Deadlift 1x5
Chinups 2xF
Curls 2x8
Cable flys 2x8
>>
How do I lose weight more efficiently?
Currently I'm starving myself at 500-700 cals per day and I think that starting to do cardio will do it.
>>
>>38454069
*i meant for workout B, not entire routine
>>
>>38454069
No bench?
>>
File: 00000008.png (2MB, 1167x908px) Image search: [Google]
00000008.png
2MB, 1167x908px
>>38454023
being warm makes you lose your will?
The hotter i am. the more weight i lift, maybe its because it gets me more hyped idk
>>
File: 91cqkZALpgL.jpg (645KB, 1340x2560px) Image search: [Google]
91cqkZALpgL.jpg
645KB, 1340x2560px
How "bad" or "good" is V8's low sodium cans? I'm not about to buy a juicer.

Everything I find is clickbait and sensationlist
>>
>>38454069
>>38454109
>>38454111
I fucked up. Lemme try again:

Workout A:
Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Rows 5x5
Dips 2xF
Skullcrushers 2x8
Standing Calf Raises 2x8

Workout B:
Squat 5x5
OHP 5x5
Deadlift 1x5
Chinups 2xF
Curls 2x8
Cable flys 2x8

I got those additional exercises sort of based off what's on the app. Any advice appreciated.
>>
>>38454124

Well depends how hot your gym is, I almost pass out with just shirt and shorts of heat exhaustion. Have to dink like 4 liters of water every workout and splash my face and arms every rest. I sweat like a pig
>>
Should I be able to do 1x5 deadlifts with double overhand grip for every rep?

Right now I can only do it for the first 1 or 2 reps, then switch to under/over
>>
File: 20160825_102131.jpg (478KB, 2896x2896px)
20160825_102131.jpg
478KB, 2896x2896px
Should I bulk or cut? I'm starting SL, so progression is hard without gaining weight. But at the same time I don't want to get fat. What does /fit/ think? Numbers in pounds:
BW: 181
OHP: 80
Bench: 125
Row: 155
Squat: 135 (bad knee and form)
Dead: 245
>>
>>38454167
If you can manage 5x5 you need to add resistance/weight, even with as little as 5 lbs/2.5 kg..
>>
>>38454259
Depends on the weight and your grip strength, obv. As long as you're using chalk and gripping low in your fingers, you're doing as good as you can. Try to make the last rep overhand and hold up for longer to really get them grip gainz.
>>
>>38454259
Have you tried a hook grip?
>>
question about squats

right now I have trouble doing "ass-to-grass" squats, but I can do parallel fine

should I lower my weight and focus on perfect form, or should I keep progressing and do parallel squats?

thanks
>>
>>38454292
so should i ditch those extra lifts and just stick with the +5lbs progression?
>>
>>38454280
>Bench: 125
>Row: 155

how??
>>
>>38454325
Idk m80. I cheat a bit with the row but not that much. I also used to swim so my upper/mid back is a bit stronger than the rest of my body.
>>
>>38454298

I'll try this

>>38454307

No, I'm not at a level where I think I need it to progress
>>
Depends on your goals. If you're into oly lifting n shit, you'll probably need to squat ATG to get into proper position when wanting to catch a snatch or C&J. Sure you get a better range of motion ass to grass, but as long as its BELOW parallel, you're fine. Whether which squat variation builds more muscle (google it idk) is a mystery to me, but squatting below parallel has worked just fine for me.
>>
>>38454309

SS says ATG
SL says parallel

who the fuck knows
>>
>>38454309
if your parallel squats are below parallel with good form, "ass-to-grass" doesn't matter
>>
>>38454515
meant for >>38454309
>>
>>38449904
Why don't you just find a concrete ledge somewhere and do isometric deadlifts then?
>>
I've been getting back pain in my lumbar area, kind of like a burning soreness always after squat sessions. I'm pretty sure this is due to my butt wink. Should I just ignore this, or will this lead to sciatica? also general butt wink fixes appreciated
>>
>>38454313

Only follow the 5lbs progression on the 5x5 workouts. Until Failure is good for any body weight routine.
I would skip the 2x8 and follow the same routine as for the 5x5.
Just don't skip out on them, if you feel like you have enough to give 5x5 then do it.
>>
>>38454583
i've read that butt wink could either be caused by weight too heavy for you, or that you lack the flexibility

maybe don't squat as low?
>>
>>38454593
I can't really do that, my butt "winks" right before i hit parallel
>>
>>38454615
now I'm definitely no expert, so take what I say with a lot of misgivings

but I'd do back extensions if I were you to strengthen your lower back; do DL as well

finally, try lowering the squat weight by 10% and focus on form.
>>
>>38454615
Your core may not be strong enough. Focus on bracing and keeping a tight midsection through the lift.
>>
>>38450048
Those are some nice muscle honkers
>>
>>38454280
Shameless self bump
>>
dumbass questions#42851

1: with 16/8, are you supposed to eat over 8 hours or only eat DURING those 8 hour periods?

2: A friends nutritionist friend says that my maintenance weight is 3,300 calories. Most BMR sites say 2,200. Is he overestimating or is he assuming I'm a very active dude?
(253lbs 5"6 24 year old male sedentary with 2 days a week in the gym)
He was alarmed because I'm between 1200 and 1500 calories a day, depending how much coffee with milk I have.
3: How much weight can I gain after a workout due to water retention and what not? Seems like I gain about 1-2kg that takes a week to shed.
>>
Can anyone recommend some good keto friendly foods?

I've been living the past week on chicken eggs, bacon, avocado and almonds.
>>
I can't do cardio today, legs hurt and need to study a lot

What should I do? Tomorrow's gym day, should I just do lifting + cardio together?
>>
>>38454694
Take ham or turkey and wrap it with cheese.
>>
File: DABESTDABESTDABEST.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
DABESTDABESTDABEST.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
I switched to madcow and used their spreadsheet to figure out my lift numbers. I just finished week 1 and I don't feel like I have been to the gym yet since they backed all my normal x5 numbers back by like 20%. Is this normal?
>>
>>38449779
>that picture

when is le not having kids meme dying
>>
How come I can squat with weight on my back, but on bodyweight squats I can't break parallel without rounding my back?
>>
>>38454694
Sweetcorn wrapped in bacon ;)
>>
>>38454771
You have nothing to resist with no weight on there.
>>
File: 1459363555789.jpg (53KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1459363555789.jpg
53KB, 500x500px
>>38454686
>3: How much weight can I gain after a workout due to water retention and what not? Seems like I gain about 1-2kg that takes a week to shed.

I used to cut over 20lbs in 24 hours that was nothing but water weight for weigh-ins. Don't go by the scale as much as the mirror. 1-2kg is a big shit and a bottle of water.

IDK about your other questions, but I'm 210lbs at 6'1" and I'm cutting at 2200kcal/day. You numbers seem REALLY low. My maintenance is over 2700.
>>
File: MountainLion.jpg (76KB, 800x600px)
MountainLion.jpg
76KB, 800x600px
>>38454788
>Your weight fluctuates through out the day, as much as 5 to 10 kg.
>>
>>38454815
I really can't I went to the gym yesterday and then walked 10 kilometers with friends. My legs hurt and my hip feels weird
>>
>>38454788
thanks m8
I'm thinking the weight is either muscle gained or water retention/inflammation because I only just started working out, doing squats, dips etc

Maybe I fucked up with my calories. frozen/uncooked food being listed as lower calories than when cooked etc.

>>38454804
Ah man, 20lbs is tons.
At 6"1 you have a lot more to eat for, though.
Plus, I'm guessing you're a gym buff. I eat 600 calories when I wake up, 600 4-6 hours later.
My maintenace calories are all over the place when I use different calculators, it ranges anywhere from 2,200 to 4,000.
>>
I only want to do exercises that I enjoy doing.
That would be: swimming and cycling, pushups and pull-ups.
Can I build strength this way? And get an okay body?
I think I'm more likely do actually do these consistently for years than something I don't enjoy
>>
>>38454848
forgot to include to the 2nd dude, my body fat percentage is like 40% right now, I'm supposedly an endomorph, too. If that even matters. I don't want to ask a fitness expert or whatever in a gym or some pharmacy to figure it all out because that's where most of the misinformation comes from in the UK.
>>
>>38454848
>Ah man, 20lbs is tons.
Yeah but thats kind of an extreme example to make a point. I think most people move around 10lbs without knowing it thats all just water weight.

>My maintenace calories are all over the place when I use different calculators, it ranges anywhere from 2,200 to 4,000.
The rule of thumb is 10x(bodyweight in lbs) for cutting. See what happens after 4-6 weeks and adjust accordingly.

Also, are you not lifting while cutting? You should be or you will atrophy and not look too good. Think of what skinnyfat kids look like.
>>
>>38454875
body types are a myth. you are fat, fit, or skinny as a result of your lifestyle.
>>
>>38454887
I'm asking how should I recover it and if cardio would be bad at the end of my lifting, but thanks for the help faggot
>>
>>38454860
It is better than nothing but far from the best if you want a body that doesn't look like it belongs to a holocaust survivor.

Look at what a marathon runner or a cyclist look like then look at what a OLY lifter or a sprinter looks like.
>>
>>38454907
I've been doing barbell squats, no weights on it yet. The bar is 20kg. got to 10 sets of 10 so far, but my shorts I was wearing wrecked my IT band so I've had to rest for almost a week now.
Other than squats, I'm doing 10kg dumb bell curls, 10 sets of 10, once again.
and uh, Attempting pullups on my cage, but i can only hold my weight for a few seconds.

I only just started to lift after doing my diet for 3 months, I was a shitty feeling lump of shit before the 3rd month, then i actually felt like i wanted to do shit and look good and feel good. So yeah. My shitty excuses.
Anyway, I guess the tl;dr is "yes, but only very little, it takes me 3-4 days to recover after each workout and I try to do rows and xtrainer but it's rough after 10 minutes"

>>38454911
I thought as much, at my size it's gonna be fucked up. Thanks for the tip.
>>
>>38454920
My shoulders are as wide as my hips, I have short legs and short arms, small hands.
I think this makes me an endomorph, or as close to the definition of one.
>>
I don't understand lifting for shit. Been doing dudebro gym's ''''personal trainer''' routine for 2 months, but i don't know if i'm improving or not. He didn't even notice me doing the wrong form in all this time. The basic routines seem too ''lacking'', and i feel just so confused. Is there anything other than sticky to get me go from chubby with some tiny muscles under the fat to built? As in, the ''fitness bible''. Explaining each term, everything i'd need to do, from zero.

The feeling of not going anywhere is really demotivational for me.
>>
>>38454976
Thats good keep working up with the weights and jump into a program when you feel ready. You will feel 10x better once you get your diet/routine in a rhythm. Good shit.
>>
>>38455050
this.
>>
>>38455050
Yeah, I read it was a load of bullshit, however, I never mention endomorph as an excuse for being fat or whatever.
My bones are "wide", my shoulders are huge (width is larger than my hips afaik) and don't fit on most airplane/bus seats (even before I got morbidly obese)
So I call myself an endomorph for that purpose, rather than saying "i am big i cant wear tight shorts"
I don't buy in to peoples bodies operating "differently". When was the last time you saw animals or mammals with unique special snowflake body types and shit? same engine different frame
*note: I'm a retarded piece of shit I know nothing about nutrition or the human body /fit/ wise.
>>
I'm struggling on my OHP at 30kg for 3x5

is this as fucked as I think it is?
I eat 3800 calories a day and get enough sleep
>>
>>38455087
Yeah, thanks dude.
I'm hoping I can get into serious weights (100kg+) but that's a few years away and a few hundred bucks, still.
I invested in the 7ft olympic 2" bar and the only weights that the same store sold were 1", fuckin' bullshit.
>>
http://logs.omegle.com/f5c9b0c6f449adeb

did i do good?
>>
>>38455153
I think I understand what you might be getting at. Fat on the sides of the torso and the fat around the arms would probably shave off a few inches.
I've lost 14kg so far so I do notice a few surprising details like that.
>>
>>38455077
Is it useful even if you intend to follow, say, Greskull's?
>>
Stupid question but can you do regular workouts at a crossfit gym or do you have to do the classes? Asking because the only other nearby gym is my campus gym which costs 4x as much and makes you jump through all sorts of stupid hoops to register. I just want to do my regular routine without snapping my shit up.
>>
I have little or no energy throughout my days. I feel no sense of motivation.
I'm probably depressed, but that's most likely a symptom of having no energy to interact with people or carry out any serious endeavour.

My diet has been pretty perfect recently. No soda of any kind. Water all the time. An avocado bidaily in the morning. I eat more vegetables(great variety) than the average person. Beans, rice, eggs, meat occasionally, and protein supplement/shake. I don't take multivitamins.
I eat plenty of low calorie meals throughout my day, and stop eating roughly 1-4 hours before bed.
I've been practicing this diet for almost 4 months religiously.

I swim twice a day at around 5-30 minutes each. Play sports when others are willing. Bike around occasionally. Practice handstands at every convenience. Do small sessions of workouts irregularly just for a temporary pump.

I've quit smoking almost two weeks ago. Was a pack a day, two-or-more bong rips kind of guy.

Yet I can't muster up as much energy or enthusiasm than any other person I know. Even my lazy stoner friends are more outgoing and energetic than I am.
I probably have a lot of mental issues, but I don't want to self diagnos myself.
Please help me, /fit/, I feel like I'm a huge drag on everybody around me and can't feel happy about anything at all.
>>
>>38455375
>swim twice a day

have you ever considered the fact that you're doing too much

go see a shrink
>>
>>38455375
coming from a depressed NEET who's never had a job, judging by what you said you actually do quite a lot
>>
File: 1459451992595.jpg (556KB, 1920x1080px)
1459451992595.jpg
556KB, 1920x1080px
>>38455375
Are you sleeping enough? Getting enough sunlight/d3?

Also your body is pissed off as all hell right now. You were loading it up with plenty of dopamine and just ripped that away there will be an adjustment.

I quit smoking(pack a day) and drinking(too much daily) and felt awful for about a month then gradually better and better. Now I feel fucking high all the time since I have so much energy, I guess thats what normal people feel like. Give it time and stop being a pussy.
>>
>>38450781

>What is bioavailability
>>
>>38455403
I don't think I do too much. If anything I don't do much over all. Maybe I could try toning it down, but I always end up beating myself over it.

>>38455406
I work on the weekends with my old man, because he's old and isn't as strong as he used to be. He's an entertainer for weddings. DJing. I basically carry all the heavy equipment and set it up. Then I take it all down at the end.
Idk. I'm very pessimistic most of the time when it comes to the lack of energy I have, and tend to fuel that pessimism whenever I feel unaccomplished in my day.(which is most of the week)

Shit. Maybe I should see a shrink. I don't want to be prescribe anidepressants. I was prescribed Ritalin for ADD when I was younger and ever since I've felt like a bag of dicks.
>>
>>38455418
That's the thing. I don't think I enter REM or deep sleep. I toss and turn for an hour or more. Sometimes regaining coniousness throughout the night. Sort of like drifting in and out of it. Maybe I'm just stressed out, but this lack of motivation and energy has been a constant factor in my life.
>>
>>38455510
just keep doing what you're doing and you should get your energy levels back eventually, you'll see the benefits of not smoking soon enough

do you have a job? that might be why you don't feel accomplished during the day, it's different for everyone though and like I said, not a fan of working here

book an appointment with a counselor, what you said is very relatable to me and I see one too, had about 5 sessions so far and it's been really helpful, no mention of antidepressants whatsoever, they can't force them on you and you definitely don't have to attend a second appointment
>>
>>38455586
Technically I'm unemployed. I help my father out with his contracts and get paid cash(100-200 a gig on average). Most gigs are done on the weekends.

I'll try to go see a counsellor. I have no idea what to do. Do I just waltz in there and say "hey! I lack energy and motivation to accomplish even the most simple tasks like talking with friends or drawing. can you help me figure out what's my issue?" ?

Thanks for your advice, anon. I really want to avoid pills at all costs.
>>
>>38455661
for me the counsellor asked some background questions and why I was there to see them, I answered truthfully and it went from there
from what you've said it sounds like you'll gain a lot from it if you're as open as you are here

they'll be able to help more than I can, and if it doesn't work for you then there's nothing lost
best of luck mate
>>
>>38455698
I hope I can work it out then. Thanks, anon!
>>
At what weight will I no longer have a double chin and mantits? 5'11'' 159lbs down from 190. So sick of starving.
>>
>>38455511
>your*
>>
>>38455771
God damn I wish I took photos before my camera died.
>>
File: 20160821_200944-1.jpg (2MB, 1855x2695px)
20160821_200944-1.jpg
2MB, 1855x2695px
When do I stop doing a beginner (SS, SL) routine? What is the base strength required to move on to a new program?

What is the best follow-up program to do anyway? Brosplit? PPL? Madcows? Texas method?

No fucking clue, help me out.
>>
How the FUCK do I stretch and shit for healthy joints and flexibility?

Was watching Alan Thrall and he seemed to suggest doing Foam Rolling to get the blood flowing and then static stretching, this all before lifting.

I really need help, I just want to be flexible and also save my shoulders,back, legs and all that
>>
>>38455511

There are some foods with lower calorie contents raw because your body cannot access the energy as efficiently.
>>
>>38455140
https://youtu.be/PjbSXItiMkI
>>
>>38455552
get a trazodone scrip and sleep like a dead person
>>
Can anyone post the link to that large fitness meals imagur?
>>
>>38449779

I've got a really, really stupid question.

If I'm not feeling a burn while lifting, am I doing it right? I'm at that stage where my usual weight is becoming too easy, but when I attempt the next step up, I don't feel any burn.

Say I'm curling 20kg a side, it'll take upwards of 20 reps to feel any burn, or to achieve any pump. But if I move up to 23kg a side, I'll feel nothing at all.
>>
>>38455936
I also have a question about stretching... I stretch mornings, evenings, and AFTER lifting since I have read a few studies showing static stretching decreases your strength if done before lifting. I think its in the sticky as well.
>>
>>38455962
>you're retarded

not him but he isn't wrong... bioavailability isn't a myth. cooking food helped us evolve large brains since it let our bodies get access to more nutrients. this is like 20 year old shit.
>>
File: insomnia.jpg (338KB, 1629x1166px) Image search: [Google]
insomnia.jpg
338KB, 1629x1166px
been having a lot of trouble falling asleep recently

anyone have any experience taking melatonin to sleep better?
I imagine it'd have a positive effect on my gains because of more sleep
>>
>>38449779
Can press twice a week every/most weeks on GSLP?
Also, how do these accessories look?
Could I replace my reverse grip bench press with floor press, or would that conflict with the dips on Wednesday?
Mostly interested in strongman and oly training, but I'd like to build a good base first.

Day A/Monday

2/3x8-12 Barbell hip thrust with 15 external plate rotations inbetween sets
3x12 rear lateral (will be band facepulls when I order some)
30+ total chins

Day B/Wednesday

2/3x8-12 Barbell hip thrust with 15 external plate rotations inbetween sets

3xamrap Chest dips
2x8-12 Kelso Shrugs
2x Curl bar carries

Day C/Friday

3x12 rear laterals (will be band facepulls when I order some)
2-3x chins
2x overhead KB carry

Please respond.
>>
>>38456007
It works, get more sun alternatively. I try not to take it regularly since IDK about supplementing a hormone your body is supposed to naturally produce.

also, this >>38455976
>>
>>38456024
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bioavailability+cooking

ffs dude
>>
>>38456007
get blackout drunk.
>>
>>38456088
http://jn.nutrition.org/content/128/10/1716/F2.expansion.html

3/10 for another response. read this and maybe you will learn something.
>>
Is there a few week long arm routine I can do? I want to rest some injured parts and just get big arms for like a month
>>
>>38456088
The calories are there your body just can't completely process them into something useful. Same goes for micronutrients.
>>
How should someone properly test their 1RM fire squat, bench, and deadlift?
I've been lifting for about two years now and every time it's just been "add 10lbs and do 1 rep until you hit failure". I'm wondering if this is really practical, as it feels like a bit of a crapshoot each time, or if there's a more efficient way of testing.
>>
>>38456132
nigga can't read
>>
>>38456146
Samefag, I usually start actually testing after warming up to 75% of my previous 1RM
>>
>>38456146
you can use the exrx 1rm calculator off of a heavy set done to failure and test the actual weight the next week.
>>
is there a decent 4 day Texas Method routine out there?
>>
>>38455936
>>38455936
>>38455936
>>38455936
>>
>>38456007
dont use electronic devides at least an hour before bed
don't eat before sleeping
don't work out near bed time
don't consume caffeine near bed time
go outside during the day

try using ZMA
>>
>>38456146
>>38456161
This will tire you out way before you hit your max.

>>38456168
This is probably a much better idea.
>>
It's late, been watching my baby all day, first chance I have to go lift, I'm tired. Is it better to go lift anyways or go first thing in the am?
>>
How do I beat caffeine? Is this impossible?

>tfw 140mg is what makes me wake up a bit, drink it before work out
>tried 180mg
>HOLYFUCK.png it's like I'm on coke

I guess if I keep with the 180mg I'll just get used to it and eventually need more and more.
any way to cheat this?
>>
>>38456567
Cycle ephedrine and caffeine every week or two, for general energy purposes. Doesn't work as well as a longer tolerance break, but it's better than just using 400-600mg of caffeine a day.

>tfw coffee just makes me sleepy, even in large amounts
>>
>>38456024

Fucking obviously they are still there dipshit. But humans can't fucking eat uranium and process all of the energy there because there isn't a metabolic mechanism to process them.
>>
>>38456624
>ephedrine

never used it nor do I know what it is, but I've seen it around here when people recommend EC stack and shit

guess I just need to start doing coke
>>
Any difference between double overhand and underhand grips on rows?
I feel like overhand works more my upper back while under seems to work better the back, I also get a better stretch with underhand
>>
>>38454815
Thanks anon, I went to do cardio because you made me hate you. Have a nice day
>>
>>38456660
https://youtu.be/G8l_8chR5BE
1:00+
>>
>>38456677
y-you too
>>
What's the most alpha fetish? Does anything beat BDSM?
>>
>>38454280
cut you silly billy
>>
sup famiglia, copped a foam roller now what? no idea how to use this
>>
>>38456673

Dude, I don't think the argument was ever anything more than semantics. What I assumed the original post was asking was "Can cooking increase the number of calories I effectively absorb", then yes, cooking can do that. Cooking food makes more calories available for your body to absorb, objectively. No, of course cooking doesn't increase the actual energy content of the food, but what's the fucking point of even talking about calories that are there, instead of calories available.
>>
>>38456908

Really? Because verbatim, the question was " One more ye, can something increase in calories if it's cooked without anything being added to it?"

Is calories referring to the available energy to human beings, or the literal energy content of the food? Because if it's referring to the literal energy content, then temperature would factor in. But if it's referring to available calories, like I fucking said, then I would be right :^)
>>
>>38456817
If only there was a site full of videos you could search. Kind of like a "tube" "for you." Or even an "engine" for "searching..." If only...
>>
As a skinnyfat who's just started taking fitness seriously guy should I start with a bulk or a cut?
>>
>>38457015

Weight/height?
>>
>>38457027

No, it does matter.

Does calories in this context refer to AVAILABLE calories or literal energy content? This is the linchpin of your shitty autismo argument.
>>
>>38457200

Does calories mean available calories, or literal energy content? The number of available calories do increase. The number of actual literal calories do not. Let me make some proof for you, so you don't blow a gasket friendo
>>
when a program tells you to progress with 2.5 lbs for upper body each workout, what do I do on OHP and Bench to progress? Surely 1.25 lb plates don't exist, do they/ And if they do, they certainly aren't in my gym.
>>
>>38457018
200lb, 6'0"
>>
File: proofed.png (131KB, 1324x542px) Image search: [Google]
proofed.png
131KB, 1324x542px
>>38457239

The available calories do increase.
Now, did the original poster ask about available calories, or the complete energy content of the food?
>>
>>38457259
You aren't skinny fat, you're fat.

I'm 6'1 160 and I'M skinny fat. You're just fat, cut.
>>
>>38457304
Oz is referring to mass. Where does the extra mass go?
>>
>>38457318

He's a beginner, I highly doubt he's asking for tips, describing himself at skinny fat, if he's already 15% bf
>>
File: .ff.jpg (25KB, 274x277px) Image search: [Google]
.ff.jpg
25KB, 274x277px
tips on getting this body
>>
>>38457270
Damn, I was with you until you posted this. When you cook meat, it looses water weight and thus becomes more calorically dense. Has nothing to do with bio-availability.
>>
Probably a weird question but I'm trying to understand Rippetoe's way of teaching the ohp, and he says to use a forward hip thrust to generate a stretch reflex for the lift and make the bar path vertical. How can I do this without hyperextending my lumbar, aka bemding my lower back backward? Does flexing abs during Valsalva movement protect lumbar?
>>
>>38457395
Flex your core and move your hips forward while keeping your back/knees straight as you can.
>>
>>38455962
I'm stalling on my squat, what do I do besides add volume?
>>
>>38457412
It's in the ss book too, and mechanically it makes sense
>>
File: just.jpg (96KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
96KB, 720x960px
whats mycurrent bf%?
177cm/72kg with shitty fat deposits, it's all on my fucking love handles making them look wide
>>
aight, if i'm cutting how do i go about when i'm lifting? do i look to increase the weight each week?
>>
>>38457395
That's old. New improved way here: >>38455967

Made a big difference to my OHP.
>>
>>38457501
Ignore that. Was referring to something else. Hopefully fixed.
>>
are broccoli supposed to give you death farts?

seriously, had asparargus and brocolli for lunch and my piss smells weird and for the past 12hours i've been farting non-stop with a rotten smell
>>
>>38457513
yeah I learned that the hard way, but how do i go about it? just lift whatever weight i am able to do without struggling? and just continue to use that weight each week?
>>
>>38457462
Actually if I remember correctly this is how he taught it before he released the 3rd edition of the ss book, so idk I'll just try the shit out I guess
>>
>>38457534
Asparagu I know fucks up urine color, gives my gas as well
>>
>>38449779
Nurse here,

You will end up with a hernia. Or you may strain or pull something.
>>
>>38456015
bump
>>
What are wrestling shoes great for besides wrestling and lifting?
>>
>>38457561
Should I peruse nursing or physical therapy?
I'm torn between the two senpai.
>>
>>38457594
>Should I peruse nursing or physical therapy?
not him and this is not a stupid question, but this is not really anyone's business to tell you which one you should do.
>>
>>38457616
Doesn't hurt to ask a question though.
>>
>>38457594
I'd say nursing, just because you would be able to branch out easier in the future.
>>
>>38457636
true true, but we need to know more maybe about your situation.

i know this won't help, but i myself am doing nursing. almost finished too.
>>
>>38449779

Incline DB press 3x10
Flat bench 4x6

Should I do the above or switch the order of the exercises?

Also, how long/often/intense should cardio be for those who are trying to put on mass?
>>
File: All Pro Ankle Weights 04.jpg (2MB, 3000x2400px) Image search: [Google]
All Pro Ankle Weights 04.jpg
2MB, 3000x2400px
Is pic related a meme?
>>
Was skating 3 weeks ago, slipped and landed strangely on my left ankle. I've been having random pains in different locations around my ankle area. It's only a sprain right guys? It will go away and I can do deads again, right?
>>
How bad is an ECA stack for losing weight?
>>
>>38457911
No. That's a girl, silly
>>
>>38458845
Rephrase the question?
>>
what are some foods for hair health and hair growth
>>
>>38453847
You can fairly comfortably put on about 2.5lbs a week on your bench doing 5/3/1 which is only one set of like 5 reps a week.
>>
>>38454167
Dips always go on OHP day.

OHP + Dips is basically the same muscles worked as bench + lateral raises.
>>
My gym has a bunch of bars, slightly different metals and lengths. Are they all 45 lbs (besides the small aluminium "training bar")?
>>
I'm currently cutting and I upped my carb intake at the start of this week just to have some more energy during the day, since then I've lost no weight, I think I even gained some, even though my calorie intake has remained the same.
I log all of my food extensively and count every calorie so I don't think I've made any mistakes there.
What could be causing this?
>>
What's a good soy protein powder? I'm looking for something to have in between meals.
>>
>>38454759
once antiwhite leftism cucks itself to death :^)
>>
>>38454166
Read the ingredients list/nutrients list and decide for yourself - return when you've got a more specific question about its contents.
>>
>>38457270
>being this fucking retarded LOL
>>
>>38450755
>140lbs
>5'9
If he posted a picture everyone would tell him to bulk. If you've got a pathetic amount of muscle, what's the point of cutting?
>>
Hey /fit/!

I just realised that I have some sort of mobility problem not really covered by the sticky. My lower body is stiff as fuck (probably hamstrings but not sure). I can't even do a body weigh good morning because my hips can't flex enough, so my lower back bends instead. And It's like all hell breaks loose in the back of my knees and my thighs (hence why I think it's the hamstrings). Likewise, I can't perform L sits or leg raises with good form because when my hips are flexed, I just can't get my legs straight.

Anyone have a solution for this? It's starting to be a problem for leg days because my deadlift and my squat sucks...

Thanks!
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 750x1334px
For my fellow femanons, how does getting your period affect your lifting (strength & energy levels)?

Just before I get mine my energy levels turn abysmal, I feel like I'm going to faint at all times, my eyes sting, I gain a metric ton of water weight and my lifts plummet. It goes back to normal when blood week ends.

If anyone else gets this, do you do anything that makes you feel less like shit? It's inconvenient and demotivating as hell.
>>
Is there anything a vertical row hits that a chinup or pullup doesn't already work on?
>>
My pack of oats tells me that it's 370 calories 12g protein per 100 g but online stuff says that oatmeal is 70 calories 2.5g protein per 100 g
Am I literally getting jewed by cooking it?
>>
I'm trying to hit 2pl8 deadlift, I'm at 97.5kgs now, I know i'm weak
I'm keeping good form but it's been a couple of weeks now and it doesn't seem like my grip gets any better
I do 3x5 3 times a week

should I deloed or something? grip exercises?
>>
>>38460562
Whenever possible use raw values. Weight changes with cooking and the cooking method so it's less accurate.
>>
File: P_20160826_112501.jpg (3MB, 2304x4096px) Image search: [Google]
P_20160826_112501.jpg
3MB, 2304x4096px
how bad is it? should I start my bulk now or keep cutting til abs?
>>
File: P_20160826_112553.jpg (3MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
P_20160826_112553.jpg
3MB, 4096x2304px
>>38460652
back, also havent lifted for a month or so due to surgery so I tried to eat at maintance to keep muscle will start lifting again in september
>>
>>38460652
>>38460664
It's about to get colder and you can't show off your abs anyways. I'd bulk if I were you.
>>
>>38460677
I`m Spanish so it will be hot til october-november
>>
>>38454750
Chicagooooo
>>
>>38460681
>spain
>that pale
Son, let's be honest. You don't go out at fucking all. Bulk.
>>
>>38460758
>rigth in the feels

will start bulking when I start lifting again, m-maybe I will have abs next summer..
>>
>>38460758
Lol

I'm Mediterranean too and pale af, look like I'm from Russia or something. It's a bad feel when everyone around me is naturally tan
>>
>>38460881
My friends always tell me I look fucking russian, shame that im a manlet
>>
My knees pop literally every time I crouch. What does it mean?
>>
My left pec is bigger than the other. How do i fix it?
>>
>>38461627
Depends. Either it's genetics, or it's bad form on chest exercises, or a mix of the two.

You could try some single sided exercise with BD to target specifically the less developed pec. Plus, have your form checked on your pec exercise.
>>
>>38462110
I think it happened because i do push ups a lot and my left hand is weaker than the right so i have to flex left pec along with hand more. Thanks for the reply.
>>
>>38462124
Yeah push ups can be asymmetrical as fuck. Either reduce them, or work on your form!
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.