[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I started a few months ago to try and get into shape. I could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: chaaair.jpg (7KB, 180x254px) Image search: [Google]
chaaair.jpg
7KB, 180x254px
I started a few months ago to try and get into shape. I could barely do 10 push ups, so I decided to start with body weight exercises before going to the gym. Like push ups, sit ups, pull ups, crunches, etc. A few days ago, I decided to try push ups with both elevated hands and feet. Both hands are on separate chairs and both my feet are on one chair. Basically a normal push up, except you go way deeper than you could and I have to use much more strength to do that. Now, I am a silly creature and I didn't even think if that is a good idea. Should I continue doing so? I couldn't find anything on google about it...
>>
>>38449160
you don't need to
and you might as well just go to the gym and do SS, make sure to learn proper form and you'll gain strength and get into shape
>>
File: 1470590244192.jpg (37KB, 427x284px) Image search: [Google]
1470590244192.jpg
37KB, 427x284px
>>38449160
Save all that effort for the weights man
>>
>>38449195
>>38449192

I want to, but for the next month and a half I won't be able to. I was mainly wondering if I won't hurt myself doing those. They feel pretty good, but that is no basis for actually being good.
>>
>>38449225
Listen to your body if something hurts when you do it then don't do it.

I personally think the extended range of motion could compromise your shoulder joints
>>
>>38449234
Thanks!
>>
I started with body weight too. Tbh nothing can replace the deadlift so you might as well start now.
>>
>>38449225
No troll here, but that honestly sounds like a stupid idea. You are putting unnecessary strain on your shoulders, and if something goes wrong when you are deep, they are going to pay the price.
>>
>>38449334
I understand. I would be worried about that too if I didn't weight a laughable 63kg at 185.
>>
File: Convict Conditioning.jpg (663KB, 3060x1628px) Image search: [Google]
Convict Conditioning.jpg
663KB, 3060x1628px
>>38449160
You don't need full range of motion on exercises.
As a matter of fact if you find a sticking point in the movement where it feels painful then I think you should listen to that other anon and not go passed that point.

The picture I'm posting now has a whole list of exercises that almost anyone can do.
Don't worry about it being called convict conditioning. That's just marketing bull.

If that is too tough then I suggest taking up something like tai chi. It's not the most strenuous and you won't get super slim but you will become stronger and healthier.
A million chinese people can't be wrong can they?
>>
>>38449352
So you would be comfortable holding 185pounds in your shoulders? That's not how it works man. Do regular pushups for chest, and mix in some headstand pushups if you want to hit that too. That keeps your shoulder in a way better position.
>>
>>38449426
That's about 140 pounds. 185 is my height in cm. But I guess you are right, handstand push ups are probably better. Thanks for the advice!
>>
>>38449374
>unironically posting convict conditioning

Wew lad.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.