[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why am I so fucking bad at volleyball

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1470543354773.png (160KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1470543354773.png
160KB, 500x376px
>tonight at gym
>walk up to play volleyball
>these two qt 3.14s that I've talked to off and on that night and acted super nice to me and touched my arm and shit are there
>guys say "woooh we got tall guy on our team
>fast forward
>Im absolute shit at it
>cant hit the fucking ball ever
>total liability total weakest link
>they keep trying to encourage me and shit but I just cant do it
>could do dodgeball alright, did pretty good at that thing where you hit "birds" with that tennis racket thing
>cant play volleyball to save my life
>qts lose interest
>they eventually leave
>everyone is basically leaving
>I go to
>say sorry for being so bad
>they seem to encourage me that its ok but I still feel like shit
>>
You're never gonna get better at anything it if you give up

You need to keep doing it and act on instinct, don't overthink sports

Normies have been athletic their entire lives, enrolled in sports by their parents since age 6 and active until 18 or 22.
>>
i thank zyzz everyday that i grew up surrounded by sports and was born athletic
>>
Just smack the fucking ball op, watch where it's headed and smack the shit out of it before it crosses the net since you're tall
>>
>>38445715
>implying uncoordinated goofballs can into hand-eye coordination
>>
>>38445549
Are you bad at guarding the net/smashing or setting or returning? They're all different skills.

I'm guessing you were mostly doing guarding and smashing because you're tall?

It's all about timing. As long as you can touch net on a basketball hoops you just have to make sure to jump so that you can hit the ball at your apex.
>>
>>38445740
I was bad at everything
>>
>>38445549
Takes practice like anything else, Are you playing doubles or full teams? Teams are a bit easier because you don't have to move much and I doubt they're doing rotations. Biggest tip for a new volleyball player is that spikes are cool and all but a nicely placed tip can be just as effective. Just close your fist and use your pointer and middle finger knuckles to place it just outside/overtop of the blockers.
>>
>>38445812
They were doing rotations
>>
>>38445549
Well have you ever played volleyball before? No? There's your answer. Most people start bad at everything, some people have natural talent but you clearly do not. Either practice and get better if it's something you care about or give up and avoid playing volleyball again.
>>
>>38445549
>tfw doing bad at something and the people you're playing with pity you and offer encouragement

Fucks sake most of the time I'm not even bad, just nervous around friends and it ruins me. I can play golf you bastards leave me alone
>>
>>38445549
>volleyball
>dodgeball
>badminton
Graduate High School first you fucking loser.
Since you were playing with girls that means you were using a girls net.
That's only seven and a half feet tall.
You should kill yourself if you can't block everything.
>>
Some tips for hitting:
Don't try to hit the ball hard, just make good contact
Keep the ball in front of you. This usually means youre jumping around the 10 foot line (3 meters). If you try to get super close to the net, the ball ends up behind you.
If your blocking: thumbs pointed up, fingers spread out so you don't break them. And don't fucking jump forward to block. You'll end up under the net and hurt someone
>>
>>38446203
By fingers spread, I mean parallel to the net, rather than crossing the net perpendicularly
>>
>>38445549
I'm guessing you are a manlet
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.