[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Deadlifts are not necessary for aesthetics and have a high

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 19

File: Deadlift-phase_3.jpg (717KB, 2434x1826px) Image search: [Google]
Deadlift-phase_3.jpg
717KB, 2434x1826px
>Deadlifts are not necessary for aesthetics and have a high chance of serious injury compared to other lifts due to the weight being used.

Discuss
>>
>>38434563
>and have a high chance of serious injury compared to other lifts

Prove it.
I see all these people confusing untrained bad form lifting from the floor with well performed deadlifitng, using that as a reason why deadlifting is inherently dangerous. Yet I see no PROOF of deadlifting being dangerous for anything other than idiots using a bent arm and mixed grip.
>>
why don't you just say "I'm too much of a pussy to do deadlifts, please comfort me and say I'll get the same results without them"
>>
>>38434563
>high chance of serious injury
if you're clueless and cant invest the time to learn the form properly then I agree

but they build the Erectors, traps, glutes and hamstrings very well and give you some good grip strength
>>
>>38434578
this is discussing
>>38434583
this is memeing
>>
>>38434563

this is absolutely correct OP

The only people obsessing about deadlifts are either:

1- dyel noobs that read deadlifts are good
2- cross-fit faggots
3- powerlifters / permafat bulkers
>>
File: dead.webm (3MB, 384x480px) Image search: [Google]
dead.webm
3MB, 384x480px
I love deadlifting desu. I couldn't give a shit if it affects my chance of "aesthetics" or not.
I deadlift without a belt, and always let go of a rep if the bar stops moving or if I know bad form is coming (this being something you learn as you go) and I have never had an injury or discomfort from them.

Bench press is far more dangerous, and thats without considering the possibility of dropping the bar on yourself.
>>
>>38434593
>this is memeing
everybody knows I'm right. you don't want to do deadlifts. you want people to tell you that it's OK
>>
>>38434563

>lifting all that weight is dangerous and scary, I'll stick to the 15lbs dumbbells thanks

Why don't you just become a cardio bunny and do bodyweight squats
>>
>>38434602
>Bench press is far more dangerous
this is true but even then it can be safe if you take precautions

If you feel tired I would skip or go light or at least get a spotter. Dont attempt a grinder is also a good tip. Dont use the suicide grip
>>
If I didn't powerlift I'd probably just do romanian deadlifts in the 8 rep range for hamstring and glute gains desu
>>
I've been going to the gym for a couple of years and if you're natty DL seems to be the best thing ever to break plateaus. I used to not do them since my line of thinging was exactly like OPs. But DL helped with my squats, my crunches, rows, my gripstrength, my forearms and my traps etc. I just don't see why you wouldn't do them. Once a weeks is enough.
>>
>>38434606
I'm not OP, I do deadlifts, but I think OP just wants to hear different opinions.
There's actually a lot of people who think that way (not on /fit/ obv)
>>
File: diddly 250.webm (442KB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
diddly 250.webm
442KB, 202x360px
>>38434578

I'll expand on this then.

Basically, lifting heavy objects from the floor is one of the most basic things we can do physically.
Only in the last century have we turned into a race of chair sitting unflexible fucks. Our hamstring mobility on the whole has gone to shit because we no longer squat in every day life, notice in India, China and other less westernised nations, people squat ass to grass basically as a means of sitting anywhere. This is how humans evolved, to sit, and to shit.
Anyway, this inflexibility has led to people "lifting with the back" rather than with the knees when they pick something up. Coupled with lack of core strength and lumbar erector strength, this means the slightest bit of stress can cause a spinal injury to the average middle aged weakling.
So, over time, this has become people thinking that lifting from the floor is dangerous, rather than realising the actual cause.

So of course the average person sees someone deadlifting and thinks "omg thats so dangerous!"

If you were lifting the bar like a fat untrained middle aged man with no regards to correct form, then yes of course its dangerous.

Correct deadlift form, with proper activation of the core and hamstrings, will negate any stress placed directly on the spine, and the chance of spinal injury is gone. Knowing when to let go of the bar if a rep gets too hard is also important, as is being careful with lowering the bar, as gravity + bar momentum can easily outweigh your ability to slow the bar down with your muscles, leading to stress on the spine. This is why a "controlled drop" is recommended for heavier weights.

Try and find evidence of someone hurting their back when performing a deadlift with any close to decent form, the evidence isn't there.
>>
>>38434563
Deadlifts aren't bad. People only get injured from them because they're weak fucks with bad form and bad mobility

see >>38434706
>>
>>38434719

Start moving serious weight (300kg) and then come back and say you will only get injured with good form.
>>
>>38434586
You build my erector.
>>
I deadlift and I do rack pulls aswell, honestly love both exercises, feel more flexible, more athletic, and perform to a higher physical standard in anything from sex to hiking and running, if you have shitty form then yeah you gonna get rekt but the obvious solution to that is do a weight that is maneagable until you have perfected the form, My current 1 rep max is 130kg/286lbs, but I hope to get a 200+KG by the end of next year.
>>
>>38434737

That isn't exclusive to deadlifts though.

Moving elite weight on any lift puts you at a relatively high risk of injury.
>>
>>38434737
what the fuck are you even trying to say? I cant comprehend your retardation
>>
>>38434775
>I deadlift and I do rack pulls aswell, honestly love both exercises
>My current 1 rep max is 130kg/286lbs,

PMSL
>>
>>38434799
it's not exclusive to lifting either. elite performance in pretty much any sport comes with a relatively high risk of injury. it also happens to be a lot lower in the barbell sports than most others sports.
>>
>>38434563
>caring about aesthetics
what a faggot
>>
>>38434810

Feel free to post your no doubt totally accurate and not-at-all embellished E-stats
>>
>>38434826

It's the fact you are posting shit like

>if you have shitty form then yeah you gonna get rekt

When you are pathetically weak.
>>
>>38434598
The 2 (ex) competitive bodybuilders at my gym deadlift with high volume and heavy weights. More than one type of deadlift a session too if you count meme different bars or different styles
But feel free to ignore this as it doesn't fit into your narrative
>>
True. Squats, good mornings and rows will cover all of the muscles the deadlift works. I still do them, but that's due to personal preference.
>>
>>38434602
fucking hell fuck that guy
>>
>>38434826
If you think being able to deadlift 130kg for a 1RM (not even 3 plate) is anywhere close to impressive, you must be a supreme DYEL.
>>
>>38434826
Not him how long have you been lifting for and what weight did you start at?
I just want to know how I progressed relative to others.

I started at 60kg for 5reps and couldn't lift 100kg for 1 rep
I hit 120kg for reps about 3 months later. I have all my lifts written down from when I started if you want me to find exactly when.
I had a break from lifting for 3 moths at the start of the year for an unrelated to lifting injury.
I now deadlift 155kg for 5
>>
>>38434851
I'm not him but people on /fit/ have snapped their shit up with barely 2 plates so how strong you are is a non issue. It's about form
>>
>>38434907

Plenty of top powerlifters use good form and have still snapped their shit up
>>
>>38434935
No, they snapped their shit up on a moment of formbreak down.
>>
>>38434657
This. DL is one of the best exercises out there, has helped me a lot in the past month. All you need is good form and the correct weight to rep ratio depending on your goals.
>>
>>38434935

Prove it.
>>
>Deadlifts

Belt or no belt?
>>
>>38434966
3+ plates belt

everything else, no belt
>>
>>38434737
That's the same as saying that running is bad for you because some marathon runners collapse and die or that swimming is bad for you because some long distance ocean swimmers drown.
Take any exercise to the extreme and the chance of death or injury increases.
>>
>>38434966

I deadlift 250kg and have never used a belt.
A top powerlifter has deadlifted 939lbs without a belt.

They aren't necessary, but can be useful if you are hitting a plateau.
>>
>>38434737
>>38434799
>>38434819
rekt
>>
>>38434578
>form is perfect
>always asked by fellow lifters for form checks as they know I'm a dank meme
>deadlift 4plate for reps
>slip l5 disc on 2nd rep

Wear a belt kids... Beyond 3plate DL is dangerous, but you should 100% doing it or you're a faggot
>>
>>38435029

Well no.. A belt is not used for injury prevention. If your form is dangerous, a belt will not stop it being dangerous.
>>
>>38434563
If you have shit form and ego lift, then yes it does have a high injury rate...just like any other form of exercise.
>>
>>38435029
See >>38435037
I don't think your form is as perfect as you think, seeing you fucked up.
>>
>>38435037
My form is spot on. Belts do aid in injury prevention you clown
>>
>>38435041

>Mess up a deadlift with 200kg+

Cripple spine for life

>Mess up a dumbell curl

Maybe slightly injure a tendon
>>
>>38435051
My form is perfect. I just have lower back issues that I pushed the limit of. I had no idea my lower back was weak until the injury told me, prior to the doctor
>>
>>38435060

A bicep tendon tear is not a small issue. It can affect your entire life quite badly.

Also you couldn't "cripple" your spine for life with a deadlift even if you tried. At most you will herniate a disc which is completely recoverable from.
>>
>>38434563
It helps my fucking powers over 9000. The same motion as a hip thruster.
>>
>>38435052

They won't stop injury if form is bad, is what I'm saying.

Yes they indirectly help prevent injury by helping brace the core, which is a key factor in protecting the spine. But if the form is bad, the belt will not prevent injury.

If your form is fine then thats great. But if your form is fine without a belt, thats great too.
>>
>>38434563
The people who claim that deadlifting is bad for you are the same people I see in the gym with absolutely horrific deadlift form.
If you perform the deadlift properly, focus on form and are sensible about your progression, the benifits far outweigh the risks.

Personally, I have found deadlifting incredibly beneficial to my health. I used to have a bad lower back before I started deadlifting and as I got bigger and stronger, it got worse and worse. Because of this, I thought that deadlifting would just add to the pain so I kept putting it off waiting for my back to heal.
Eventually, a friend recommended I start deadlifting and so I started light and built my way up and every week, my back pain lessened. Now I have absolutely no lower back pain and it's all thanks to proper form deadlifts.
>>
>>38434563
>aesthetics
Literally who cares?
>>
>>38435069
>y form is perfect. I just have lower back issues that I pushed the limit of

then why act like deadlifting without a belt is inherently dangerous?
Thats just dishonest and wrong.
>>
>>38434598
As appose to you, a DYEL noob who read deadlifts aren't good.
>>
>>38435051

My form is fine

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJan8okgI6u
>>
>>38434563
>wanting weak erectors

enjoy throwing out your back picking up a box
>>
>>38435099
this is bait, right?
>>
>>38435086
Ah ok fair enough, I was just telling my story and saying people should be weary.
>>
File: 1274489870453.jpg (10KB, 300x289px) Image search: [Google]
1274489870453.jpg
10KB, 300x289px
>>38435099

oh my god
>mfw

pls b joke.
>>
Agreed.

The bar keeps messing up the scab on my knee and it doesn't feel good. :^(
>>
File: 1463123617236.png (7KB, 300x338px) Image search: [Google]
1463123617236.png
7KB, 300x338px
CANCER THREAD

CANCER THREAD

CANCER THREAD

SAGE, REPORT AND HIDE.

SAGE, REPORT AND HIDE.

SAGE, REPORT AND HIDE.
>>
>>38435092
I'm not. I said it's dangerous, which it is, but never discouraged it... Anyone can have issues they're not aware of
>>
File: 1.jpg (409KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
409KB, 1920x1080px
Yes heavy lifting not safest hobby to have. You can injury yourself with any lift but if you do them righ....you wont
>>
>>38435099
Gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>38435122

Deadlifting with good form is no more dangerous than any other exercise with good form.

Your message should simply be, "be careful when you workout".

Stigmatising deadlifting for no good reason is half of why people believe the quote in the OP.
>>
File: crossfit brand lifting shoes.gif (3MB, 619x329px) Image search: [Google]
crossfit brand lifting shoes.gif
3MB, 619x329px
>>38435111

OP said "discuss", he wasn't claiming the quote as fact.

This is a good opportunity to dispel myths and misunderstandings about deadlifting for any newbs who may be reading.

Its better than manlet and feel posts at least..
>>
>>38435029

>form is perfect
prove it faggot, 99% of people who say this doesn't have perfect form, there's always tiny shit to nitpick.

>always asked by fellow lifters for form checks as they know I'm a dank meme
i did the same and they all said it was good, but when i recorded myself it looked fucking horrible. don't trust others

>deadlift 4plate for reps
>slip l5 disc on 2nd rep

you realize that when a spine is in a neutral position there's almost no chance of that happening right? do you even anatomy?

>Wear a belt kids
Doesn't protect you, only makes you a bit stronger.
>>
No exercise is 100% necessary to do. Motherfuckers act like this all the time when someone DARES challenge an exercise like the mighty squat or deadlift. Do what you fucking feel like doing on an individual basis. Christ. Deadlifts aid in aesthetics, but they aren't REQUIRED for a nice back. if you don't think the reward is higher than the risk, do something else.
>>
>>38435139
Ok... Be careful when you work out
>>
>>38435153
>i did the same and they all said it was good, but when i recorded myself it looked fucking horrible. don't trust others

This. I am going solo for a while and I'm just going to ask people to 'watch my back' since if I ask for more they're gonna come up with stupid shit. Had a guy give us advice, who had an injury himself... hopeless.
>>
>>38434775
>believes he's literally gonna add 150lbs to his deadlift in a year
>>
>>38435172

He said the END of next year.

That is so easily possible, it makes me sad that you think otherwise.
Either you a bitch or a skele who is afraid to eat.
Or bait?
>>
File: 1468090882115.jpg (125KB, 641x593px) Image search: [Google]
1468090882115.jpg
125KB, 641x593px
>>38434563
Why is he struggling with 2 plates?
>>
>>38435224
That's like 475. Likely for amrap in strongman since he's wearing straps.
>>
>>38435224
those are probably 100lb plates
>>
>>38435122
>>38435099

horrible form rofl
>>
>>38434719
but theres nothing wrong with his form
>>
>>38435165
>>
>>38435099
loooking sweet bro

tips on mine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHoOMQB8twg
>>
>>38434563
Every excersise has a bug chance of injury if you have shit form, I pull 5 plates for a tripple and not a single injury.
>>
>>38434602
This motherfucker is deadlifting 90% just using his back what the fuck
>>
>>38435264
That wasn't me. I'm not able to show my form as recovering from index finger flexor tendon repair surgery
>>
>>38435301

His form is fine m8.
>>
>>38435325
I was under the impression you should be trying to keep your lower back neutral
>>
>>38434563
There is nothing wrong with deadlifts as long as your form is correct. Bet you're an arched back, hitching mutha fucka so go back to the smiths where you won't risk vagina injury you fucking pussy
>>
>>38434563
mfw doc told me deadlifts would be good to get rid of my back pain
>>
>>38435344
implying you can see his lower back
>>
>>38435356
Well you can tell from the way he's leaning forward...
>>
I'm still looking for a comparable exercise to perform a hip hinge with significant weight. Haven't found it yet. Maybe because there isn't. Besides Good Mornings. Which have an even greater risk of injury done at heavier weights.
>>
>>38435344

I'm the guy in the gif, and in >>38434706 too.

My spine is always neutral when deadlifting.
My ass never never moves up faster than my shoulders, which is basically a surefire way to tell if someone is rounding their back or not.
>>
>>38435277
I wasn't using him as an example for bad form

was just telling OP to read that post, because what he said was spot on...
>>
File: 1420382284489.png (18KB, 121x104px) Image search: [Google]
1420382284489.png
18KB, 121x104px
>>38435088
>deadlifting made my lower back pain worse
>deadlifting lessened my lower back pain
>>
>>38435453
It's like Inception brah, you decide what is a dream and what is reality...
>>
>>38434952
And so will you. Thats the point
>>
>>38434851

But what I said was right, people injure themselves because of bad form, it's not some magical occurrence that happens no matter what, doesn't make it any less correct because I'm not lifting as much you fucking sperg lord.

>>38434894

I never said it was impressive, I didn't post it to claim it was good, like I've said, I've only been lifting a few months and was simply stating that I've already seen benefits from that exercise.

Ripping on people who are new to lifting doesn't make you cool.

>>38434903

4 months, started at around 65kg doing 4x5, now doing 5x5 twice a week at 100kg, took about 6 weeks out because I bust my ankle on a run and didn't want to put pressure on it.
>>
>>38435172

You should try re-reading my post where I said by the end of next year, so to clarify, the END of NEXT year.

This thread has attracted a lot of fucking spastics
>>
>>38435647

STOP FUCKING POSTING ON /FIT/ WHEN YOU ARE SO PATHETICALLY WEAK

COME BACK WHEN YOU HAVE ACTUALLY LIFTED FOR A DECENT AMOUNT OF TIME.
>>
File: image.jpg (160KB, 500x682px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160KB, 500x682px
>>38435676

nah

>pic related, you
>>
>>38435676
stop fukin cumin to my inter galactic nubian dating board and go lift dicks up while eating squats fagget
>>
Traditional deadlifts are shit and it's the biggest meme in the weightlifting community that anybody interested in looking good needs to do them. Romanian deadlifts are 100% superior for aesthetics purposes due to activating the posterior chain much more effectively, and they're safer. You also don't have as much muscle overlap with squats or CNS burnout so yiu can train with more intensity in places it matters.
>>
>>38434563
chance of injury is prob higher if you don't do them tbth famalam
>>
>>38434563
>Deadlifts are not necessary for aesthetics
>necessary
>aesthetics
what
if you mean aesthetics in a broad sense then nothing is necessary for it, everyone has their own aesthetic. If you mean it in the sense of developed and proportional muscle with low body fat, then sure, they're not essential, but they sure help. Those forearm gains. Those lat gains. Those erector gains. Those glute gains.
Am I being memed?
>>
>>38434563
Just don't do them at near you're 1 rep max. Just pick a weight you can rep 10 times, you'll probably be safe.

also, don't do too many sets. doing 3 sets for each exercise is enough imo.
>>
Layne Norton snapped his shit up squatting and his form is fine.
>>
>due to the weight being used.

So then use less weight dipshit.
>>
>>38434563

There's a commercial on the radio where I live for a new exercise themed scratch off lottery card. At the end the narrator says he's all about fitness "except for deadlifts....the name scares [him]".

Makes me want to punch the fucking radio out of the center console every time I hear it.
>>
File: wwf.png (1MB, 1859x944px) Image search: [Google]
wwf.png
1MB, 1859x944px
>>38435099

this has to be bait

otherwise holy fuck dude

even a halfway observant dyel could pick out how shitty that form is from comparing it to youtube videos
>>
>>38434602
sick of seeing this image
>>
Injuries can be completely unavoidable when doing heavy compounds, even when form is fine. Only can be prevented if you assess, find and fix any muscular imbalances and take note then take precaution of any structural issues.

Another way to prevent injury is to not go heavy, and keep the reps high. High reps also do better to stimulate the connective tissue in your joints to adapt.

I don't think deadlifts are a great lift for bodybuilders, but injury isn't the reasoning.

I think it's often an ego lift, and that it offers nothing that other, less energy consuming excercises can't.

It's not uncommon for bodybuilders to get too hung up with heavy deadlifting (usually for ego reasons), exhausting themselves (especialy their nervous system), which means they end up wasting their energy on a lift that doesn't offer a whole lot in terms of muscle growth.

If you enjoy deadlifting, that's great and you can and should keep doing it. But I would reccomend keeping the volume in check and not spending a whole lot of time on them. A few triples every couple weeks may be enough to satisfy your deadlift craving.
>>
>>38435365
You dont lean forward when you deadlift? What the fuck are you on about dude? From what you can see (which is fuck all) his form looks fine.
>>
>>38434563

>There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift.

https://youtu.be/ZWUcHKAj_tc
>>
>>38437401

What do you class as "high reps"?
>>
>>38437446

>Literally died deadlifting
>>
>>38434578
Is mixed grip really a bad thing?
>>
>>38434851
>When you are pathetically weak.
that's pretty standard gym normie strength

this is /fit/ where everyone hits 1/2/3/4 in a year, but in the real world that's pretty standard for a casual lifter and would be considered strong by most people
>>
Legit question.
Started deadlifting not long ago at 90Kg starting weight.
3x5 one week, 5x5 next week. upping by 5kg every 2 weeks
Currently at 130Kg 5x5
Don't feel like i'm struggling, form is good etc which is why i've stuck to this format.

Question is when am i gunna hit that wall and have to lower the weight i'm upping it by?

My assumption is there's no clear cut way of telling that, right?
>>
>>38435344
keeping your back neutral doesn't mean maintaining the back:ground angle
>>
>>38434706

So then the problem isn't deadlifts, it's people lifting too much weight with bad form. You could say the same thing about just about every weightlifting exercise there is.
>>
>>38434966

Back feels good - no belt

Back feels tight/sore - belt

Going for a max/near max - always belt
>>
>>38435453
can you read? he kept putting deadlifting off meaning he didn't do diddlys
>>
>>38437502
>is performing a two hand lift in a twisted unnatural asymmetrical position unsafe?
>>
>>38437502

He's memeing or an idiot
>>
I really wanna do deadlifts but I can't seem to get my form right. Every time I do them i feel like I'm fucking up my back so now I avoid them. What do I do guys? I really don't wanna visit snap city.
>>
>DL close to max
>back is barely sore at all

Does this mean that I'm having a good form?
>>
>>38435301
your ass barely moves in proper form
>>
File: image.png (197KB, 800x571px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
197KB, 800x571px
>>38434563

Squats are actually the more dangerous lift due to the sudden change in direction.

Deadlifts and Sumo Deadlifts can be the safest because you can do the perfect setup (unloaded) before starting the concentric phase of the lift. If you fail the lift, just drop the weight.
>>
>>38434706
It's not just the hamstrings that get tight, its the hip flexors too.
>>
>>38435149
those plates look light
>>
do rack pulls
>>
>>38435099
This dude's glutes are so weak
>>
Deadlift is bestlift.

It's the lift I get most pleasure from.
>>
>>38434706
>>38434602
Bench is by far the most unsafe exercise there is, pretty much completely unnatural with little to no natural analogue, promotes bad posture if not coupled with carefully selected accessory work and even exacerbates some potential postural issues found in modern sedentary people.

Yet none of these people ever seem to have a problem with the bench press, only actually natural and useless movements like the squat and deadlift. Wonder why that is.
>>
>>38434602
>and I have never had an injury or discomfort
...would have said every person before fucking something up doing their final deadlift / squat. You're not proving anyone wrong.

These are dangerous exercises and the only reason you don't fear them is because you're young and feel bulletproof. Get an injury or two that leave a long-lasting / permanent issue lifting, then re-consider doing deadlifts or squats with their related risks.
>>
>>38435075
>At most you will herniate a disc which is completely recoverable from
You are in your twenties and/or don't know in person anyone who herniated a disc. It's long-lasting pains and lost ROM at best, and disability % at worst.
>>
File: 1431303180767.png (98KB, 378x423px) Image search: [Google]
1431303180767.png
98KB, 378x423px
>>38434563

>Uses almost every major muscle in the body
>Pointless lift

Do you get your fitness routine from Buzzfeed or something
>>
>>38435075
a herniated disc can end you. my uncle fucked up his back deadlifting. he lifted for like 20 years then one tiny mistake and it was all over
>>
>>38438424
You are actually reasonable.
>>
>>38437447
+50
>>
File: 1463875372103.gif (2MB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
1463875372103.gif
2MB, 500x490px
what do you guys think of my form?
i almost had it :p

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHvHAfZgji_/
>>
>>38435149
What the fuck did she expect to happen?
I've seen women break both ankles just falling with heels. Why the fuck did she think this would be okay?
>>
>>38434563
I've been deadlifting for 15 years. I pulled a muscle once. my chiropractor says my spine is beautiful.
>>
>>38439278
Drop the weight down and work on your form, your back was arching way too much. Deload and work your way up with a stronger focus on maintaining form and you'll be fine.
>>
>>38434563
>High chance

So what's your opinion of high? 1 out of every 10n999999? Because thats about the odds you are referring to.
>>
>>38439278
Yeah, back is arched way too much man. Focus on lifting your chest up and shoving your shoulders back, and holding that position throughout the lift. That will keep your back straighter.
>>
>>38440810
*Rounding, arching is the opposite you moron
>>
>>38439278
looks clean keep it up big guy
>>
File: 1467521960594.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1467521960594.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>38441091
I used the wrong term too. But what we have to say about his lift still applies right? So fuck off to back to vocabularyland phaggot.
>>
THERE IS NO REASON TO BE ALIVE IF YOU CANT DO DEADLIFT.
>>
>>38441145
>still applies r-right???

Your insecurity is showing

It's just fun to point out since it's painfully obvious you're still DYEL and clueless
>>
there's no reason to deadlift unless your sport requires it
>>
>>38441184
>Y-your insecurity is showing
Replying to my counterstatements
Your insecurity is showing. In my case, I believe I read the other guys reply to his video and it induced a temporary swap of meaning (in the context of lifting) of the words "arch" and "round". Although I had the same functional understanding of the underlying problem with his form. DYEL phags (>>38441184)
are always looking for ways to relegate others to DYEL. Shamefur dispray.
>>
>>38441281
juicy spinal erectors
>>
>>38435060
Nigga you can tear your bicep deadlifting
>>
>>38441281
lol when you herniate your disks by shoveling snow...
>>
I don't conventional deadlift.

I train weightlifting, we don't ever program anything other than clean DL or snatch DL at reasonably low weights.

My core is solid.
>>
>>38438022
285lbs 1RM is weak
>>
>>38434894
>not even 3pl8

3pl8 is 120kgs

ask me how i know you are a disgusting burgerclap
>>
>>38441706

>le bar doesn't count meme

Fuck off
>>
>>38441763
even with the bar that adds up to 130kg

americans needs to be purged.
>>
>>38441785

I legitimately can't tell if you're an idiot or troll.
>>
File: 1471831793734.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1471831793734.gif
3MB, 200x150px
>>38435069
>My form is perfect
Yet you fucked up your back.
>>
Squats is the only meme exercise that isn't overrated. Benchpress and Deadlift both are
>>
>>38441785
bait or retard, i'll still reply. 3pl8 is 140kg :)
>>
>>38438043
where on earth did you come up with this programming
>>
>>38442050
>squat memes everywhere
>women doing squats just for '''''''dat booty'''''''
>squat racks taken by these women half squatting a grand total of only the fucking bar for 1000 sets
Yeah sure whatever you say bud.
>>
>>38434563
They do help with aesthetics, deadlifts fixed my posture
>>
>>38439278
holy shit you are on your way to snap city with that back roudning
>>
>>38435172
I literally went from 130 max to 210 in less than a year
>>
>>38438878
Please advise supplemental exercises for the bench press.
>>
File: skwaat.jpg (25KB, 363x457px) Image search: [Google]
skwaat.jpg
25KB, 363x457px
>>38434563
>Squats are not necessary for aesthetics and have a high chance of serious injury compared to other lifts due to the weight being used.

fixed that for you op
>>
>>38434602
Why the fuck are his feet so close together? How can he activate his hamstrings in the movement?
>>
>>38439278

Dude what the fuck your back is hella rounded, take it easy bro
>>
>>38443341
Horizontal pulling. Overhead Press. Face Pulls.

Get an imbalance in your shoulders and say bye bye to your benching ability.
Thread posts: 173
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.