[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Building muscles takes energy. That energy is taken from both

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: happymeal3.jpg (43KB, 800x448px) Image search: [Google]
happymeal3.jpg
43KB, 800x448px
Building muscles takes energy. That energy is taken from both food and fat-storage. Optimal muscle growth is while eating at a surplus. Where does this benefit stop? How many kcal is "too much"?

Does the benefit ever stop completely? Is the extra fat added worth the extra 5% muscles?

Is it 500? It can't be so for everyone, whats the magic formula? Or should you just shove 15000 kcal a day down your filthy mouthfuckhole?
>>
surplus from fat will get stored as fat. will not help with muscle growth. %15 fat is enough for hormonal needs

surplus from protein will get stored as fat and muscle. so for any muscle building surplus, u should raise the protein

surplus from carbs will get stored as fat. but also helps for muscle building . interchangeable with proteins - complex carbs that is

the reason to eat more fat is to slow down the processing of carbs in body. so blood sugar stays balanced which makes you stay on anabolic state.

tho its not necessary if you up the protein instead, you will have steady blood glucose from glucogenesis.

so its all about combination of macros. you can at at deficit and build mass, if you know how to manipulate them.
>>
>>38428809
>you can at at deficit and build mass,
yeah only in your first 3 months of ever lifting
>>
>>38428874
u know what i like?

when i write a well rounded explanation and get a premature ejaculating reply like that

turns me on desu
>>
you would have to calculate an exact lean mass (proton req)

and a TDEE and on top hit your micros

then you would get closer to the number

TDEE + 500 on regular days is less of an headache
>>
>>38428809
bullshiittiiiiiiiiibullshit
>>
>>38428809
how would you determine which calorie is the surplus calorie
>>
>>38429070
thanks i just came

anyways im off to bed
>>
I've asked this a few times myself. There doesn't seem to be one definitive answer, but the general consensus seems to be that it's probably not much higher than +500 for most people, and may very well be even less than that.
>>
You won't find a single citation or shred of evidence here. We're all just going to make shit up that supports our current way of doing things.

The most we got is personal experience. For me, eating like 200 ish above maintenance is decent. I don't count much anymore, and just focus on eating a little extra food.
>>
I suspect that one reason this is harder to pin down than just simple weight loss is you kinda also have to be able to track BMI which is harder for people to do than just standing on a scale. If you lose a pound, you lose a pound. But if you gain a pound, it's harder to know just how much of that is muscle and how much is fat.
>>
>>38428809
>surplus from carbs will get stored as fat. but also helps for muscle building . interchangeable with proteins - complex carbs that is
Top fucking kek
Complex carbs are literally like simple carbs except it gets absorbed much slower and no complex carbs and proteins are not fucking interchangeable pls go
>>
>>38429085
calculate tdee. eat that. with tdee you will not gain weight. whatever extra you eating is surplus. each macro blocks the burning of other macro. body first uses carbs, then dietary fat, then protein, for energy. so you want to be sure that you are burning calories from carbs with exercise. then comes the fat, which u will not need much if u raise the protein, will get burned during resting- metabolic fastness.

so, if u wanna clean bulk
eat carbs just for lifting energy and brain- timing in day is everything and brain can use fat and protein in energy but if u are just whatever then 130gr carbs is enough for brain. for a workout of an hour, 70gr carbs- these are give or take of course
proccess
%15 fat
rest is protein. so as u make muscles and get faster metabolism, you up the protein for surpluss calories, which u will burn as a result of fastened metabolism
this is ideal in many aspects, if u ask me. but ofc many macro splits will work
>>
>>38428644

look at powerlifters what happens when you eat so much.
>>
>>38429286
So cards in morning, 2 hours before lifting? ₩
>>
>>38429189
yea just try drinkin fruit juice while lifting, constantly, since its just fast form of complex carbs

then try eating oats an hour before the workout

consume the same amount of carbs and see, with which one you will see better results

ok im gon guys. tomorrow
>>
>>38429318

>no difference in results at all

juice is good for you, do you even raypeat?
>>
>>38429316
spread the carbs for the brain equally thru the day with green vegetables. timing doesnt matter cause fiber makes it get absorbed in intestins very slowly. eat with meals as u enjoy.

eat the complex carb bomb before lifting. oats- an hour ago. brown rice, or any other brown ricey stuff like quinoa- half an hour ago. dont eat white rice. also legumes are the best. just like oats. 1 hour ago
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.