[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 50

File: 4575.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
4575.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
Hi
>>
Can I substitute the daily accessories for SS (weighted sit-ups/hypertensions) for some other work, like chest or back?

Also how do I make my chest big.
>>
was typing this up when other thread died so will post here.

>>38427075
>>38418684
it should be fine.

if hypertrophy day starts interfering with strength day because of soreness or something, consider swapping the days around (i.e. hypertrophy on Sun) or moving Thursday training back a day as well

>>38427201
>>38427463
I don't know where you got the daily work of sit ups and hyperextensions

but yes you can add some chest/back work. chins or pull ups can go on either day and you should put extra chest work on ohp day

>>38426761
>is lifting worth it
yeah

you can bring a book to the gym don't be so insecure

>>38426442
fat enough that it makes you want to vomit apparently.

you probably need more muscle

>>38426298
curls

>>38426275
looks fine desu.

its a little harder without a proper side on view, but you don't look like you're leaning over enough for it to be a concern, and don't expect to have a perfectly straight bar path - considering it was a max effort set.

>>38426163
not enough for you to worry about it

unless you have a sex addiction

>>38425777
stretch/mobilise your legs. you can look up defrancos limber 11 as a generic routine

>>38425715
no

>>38425793
no

>>38425674
you lose fat by being in a caloric deficit. lifting weights burns the most calories overall as well as maintainig/improving muscle mass to increase your metabolism.

just lift weights.

>>38425516
just because it's at a gym doesn't mean its a lifting related question

>>38425436
if you think you're reliable enough to coach her safely, GSLP would be a good option.

don't use smith machines though. take her through the full movement, start light and learn the movement properly, and don't worry about increasing the weight consistently each session. shes not a hardy teen who can afford to fuck about nor does she need to worry about being as strong as possible as fast as possible
>>
>>38427529
It was on one of the SS links in the sticky. Why extra chest work specifically on OHP day (as opposed to bench day)?

Also, should I be doing chin/pull-ups with my bodyweight right off the bat?

Also, thanks for your response effort through the last thread I appreciate it, brah.
>>
How much fatter can water weight make you look? Sometimes I think I look really lean, then just a few hours later I want to vomit at how fluffy I look.
>>
>>38427529
>>38427626
Didn't see your reply, thanks man I probably do need more muscle
>>
Can coffee help eliminate craving and subdue appetites?
>>
File: squat_form_235.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
squat_form_235.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>38427529
thanks anon

Gonna copy paste post again from thread that died

form check? I know it's ugly but tips are always appreciated.

First time ever squatting in lifting shoes, and first time ever touching 235. max effort was involved.

How to fix forward lean? How to fix bar path?

Deload is imminent solely for the sake of form.
>>
>>38427646
Yeah dude, it's great when trying to cut.

Also, what the fuck does water weight even mean?
I was reading the side effects of creatine consumption and it showed up.
Does it make you look better if you already have muscles or what
>>
>>38427463
Why training calves make me pee?
>>
>>38427596
thanks it's always nice to hear someone appreciates it

chest work on ohp day because you're already getting chest stimulation on bench day, and at your stage the day rest should be enough so that they don't interfere with each other

and yeah with chins/pull ups the general guideline is to do BW 3xf until you can do around 12-15 each set. once you can do that you can do weighted sets instead for 3x5
>>
What is the logic behind cold showers after a workout?

I just had one after my workout because I was hot and sweaty and needed to cool down, but are there actually benefits from it?
>>
File: 1471580552667.jpg (85KB, 500x471px) Image search: [Google]
1471580552667.jpg
85KB, 500x471px
I recently bought a pair of dumbbells i need some upper body routines can any homie help me here
>>
File: 1471240796251.jpg (47KB, 846x592px) Image search: [Google]
1471240796251.jpg
47KB, 846x592px
Hey /fit/, can I just do deadlifts and squats once a week to focus on my upperbody because I'm like 60% ass and hamstrings and I'd like have that gymbro look, just with a decent set of legs rather than sticks.
>>
How do I train legs without growing them? My thighs don't fit in my pants. I'm size 30/32 but I have the thighs of a 32/32 it seems.
How do I shrink my legs without becoming a total skelly? I really don't like this look. I just wanna wear 30/32's again without my upper legs bursting out of ma pants.
>>
>>38427792
same, bro. i'm gonna bite the bullet and start buying 33s. i don't mind getting beefy legs though.
>>
File: say no more.jpg (70KB, 730x510px) Image search: [Google]
say no more.jpg
70KB, 730x510px
How do I improve my jawline?
>>
>>38427463
What's a good alternative to triceps/chest dips that won't fuck up my shoulders?
>>
How stupid am I for only doing legs once a week and hitting upperbody split twice.
>>
I started lifting and eating 3000 calories a day a month ago. I'm 6'4 and started at 76kg, pretty skinny for my height and I am now weighing 83 kg. I count my calories with myfitnesspal (slow bulking I guess) but gained 7 kilos in a single month! Would that mean something is wrong in my diet or could it be cause I was under eating before?
>>
>>38427854
cyrano?
>>
Skelly here
When I start lifting do I HAVE to start with SS if I want to get a head start?
>>
>>38427929
not stupid? legs are naturally stronger/more trained since you use them all the time.
>>
>>38427792
>>38427822

would long distance running help? Those guys have pretty skinny legs. The question is how much of your gains it would cost
>>
>>38427929
It's better than never doing legs.

But hitting legs more than once (like 1.5 times per week or 2 times) takes most of the "day after leg day" soreness away. I like 1.5/2 shorter leg days per week WAY more than one brutal.
>>
File: fgfgfg.png (316KB, 420x454px) Image search: [Google]
fgfgfg.png
316KB, 420x454px
I know this aint /fit/-related but fuck it

Does anyone how what the fuck is this shit on my nose?

pic related obv
>>
>>38428180
That's called a pimple anon
It's a sign you're starting puberty
>>
>>38427997
london?
>>
>>38428180
grats on turning 12
>>
File: 20160822_202208.jpg (901KB, 1151x1485px) Image search: [Google]
20160822_202208.jpg
901KB, 1151x1485px
I have recently been informed that I have absolutely horrible chest insertions. Is there any thing at all I can do to make this look some what decent, or am I fucked?
>>
>>38428180
That's a mole. It means you have skin cancer, which I'm afraid is terminal. Enjoy your last months on this earth anon.
>>
>>38428288
>>38428341
Im actually 21, also I never had a lot of pimples.
I tried popping it but nothing happens.
>>
>>38427663
pls respond
>>
What's the cheapest source of animal protein?
>>
>>38428357
ahh fuck that's the worst gap I've seen in my life. sorry m8 no way around it. you're fucked. work on your personality
>>
File: IMG_4235.jpg (48KB, 333x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4235.jpg
48KB, 333x667px
Do I have gyno?
>>
>>38428357
start lifting
>>
>>38427854
either grow a full beard or shape that mop off your face
>>
>>38428477
nah m8, all good.
>>
>>38428477
Hhhhhhh
>>
>>38427854
Sorry, your big ass nose distracted me, what was the question again?
>>
>>38428475
Literally nothing to do at all? Not even if I made the actual muscle bigger?
>>
>>38428477
If you were a woman, I'd fuck you. But you aren't.

Get liftin'.
>>
If I fast and finish an intense workout I have foamy urine sometimes. I take this as a sign of either expelling fat or protein in the urine. Would taking HMB before a fasted workout prevent this nitrogen loss and result in a better nitrogen balance = faster gains?
>>
Between conventional and sumo deadlift, which is less hard on the knees?
>>
>>38428585
you can increase size, but not form. the gap will be there no matter what. your best bet is to get big as fuck and bulk up on fat as well so details and outlines of your delt don't show so much
>>
>>38428597
dehydration or you fell for the 5 scoops per scoop meme
>>
File: 4609378149_200x301.jpg (12KB, 200x301px) Image search: [Google]
4609378149_200x301.jpg
12KB, 200x301px
>>38428585
see this? your gap is even bigger than that.
>>
File: a-cup-of-coffee.jpg (33KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
a-cup-of-coffee.jpg
33KB, 700x466px
Should I bother logging coffee and tea on myfitnesspal? I've never gotten a clear answer on this. I have coffee about 3 times a day, maybe one tea at night time. I give them a splash of full cream milk.
>>
File: 1427614813303.gif (80KB, 592x415px) Image search: [Google]
1427614813303.gif
80KB, 592x415px
Hi, I've had reoccuring middle back pain after rows and deads

I do rows with good form and same with deads, keeping a flat back, but afterwards, I have a dull ache in the middle of my back that only goes away if I foam roll and pop it.

Is it just muscle tightness?

squats and standing OHP don't do anything.
>>
>>38427702
If they are heavy,
Dumbell standing shoulder presses.
Bent Over Dumbell Rows with free hand leaning on a chair for support.
Goblet Squats

If light, do Delt Raises
Curls
Flies
Pullovers
>>
what exercises can i do for Hamstrings/glute/spinal erector hypertrophy if i have access to barbell and pair of adjustable dumbbells only?
doing squats and deads and their variations as a main and auxiliary lifts. also for quad hypertrohpy are lunges ok?
>>
>>38428649
look up how big that "splash" is and how many cals it is. Is it significant then track it, if it's not then fuck it.
>>
>>38428676
RDL's + Back extensions builds your posterior chain very well mate
>>
Just starte at uni, how do you find healthy options in the dining hall? I went today and almost 80% of it is shit bar the sushi,rotisserie chicken, and the veggies. I can't live on salad for 3 months until I get back.
>>
Possibly the dumbest question I've asked: I hate shitting at the gym, and I always go first thing before work. Anyway, I drink my coffee, shit, then go. But sometimes it takes a little bit for the coffee to work its magic.

Any way I could reset my shitting schedule to later in the day so I don't have to wait to go to the gym?
>>
Had an idea today, but I don't know if it'll work and I want some input.

>Tidy up instagram and make sure to have some good eye-candy posts near the top
>Set account to public
>Find cute girl you went to HS with that doesn't follow you (due to the fact that you were a skinnyfat CoD player back then)
>Message "Hey, was that you walking by *insert nearby location* yesterday?"
>no
>Make a witty comment about them having a long lost twin

Then they either:
>Look through your profile and like what they see
>They actually contribute to the conversation
>Inevitably get number, set up date, pump her like a Chevy at a Shell station

or

>They respond with one word, and show no interest
>Say "see ya around" and move along

I'm not expecting much from it, but if I got my foot in the door with just one, it'd be a success, right?
>>
>>38428814
solid plan anon
>>
Current (but temporary) "gym" doesn't have barbells

Are dumbell squats a thing, it looks stupid, should I bother?
>>
just ran across center of uni and they all gave me looks save for a few non-dyels and grills. is there something wrong with doing this?
>>
>>38428840
They can certainly be done. It ends up being more of a squat/deadlift hybrid when it's all said and done though. If it's temporary, it should get you through
>>
>>38427503
Try cable flies at different angles, it's what finally made mine grow
>>
>>38427663
Really isn't that bad anon
Put all your weight on your heels, your toes should almost be able to lift off of the ground in your shoes if you wanted to make them
Being tall (you seem decently tall) forward lean will always be a factor, it's your body trying to mechanically compensate tall guys will always be better at pulling than pressing it's physics (longer lever of arm or leg)
>>
File: topdown hypothetical bag.png (9KB, 550x408px) Image search: [Google]
topdown hypothetical bag.png
9KB, 550x408px
So I was thinking of the ideal gym bag.

It would have two main sections, one for clean clothes/equipment, one for dirty clothes/equipment, with an oversized divider in between them in case one side is more packed than the other.

There would be three smaller sections on the outside, one for shower sandals, one for shampoo/soap, and one for a towel, and there a smaller pouch in the main clean section for your keys/wallet/glasses/phone/whatever.

Everything would have meshes to prevent bad odors from building up, except for the clean clothes section so it would be isolated from the others.

Where could I purchase such a bag, or at least something close to it?
>>
What's a good lifting app? Like one where you can record what you did/the weight. I know SL has one, but that's only for the 5 exercises they have you do if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>38429489
get a pen and piece of paper u millenial white male
>>
>>38429489
I use vim to log everything and back it up with bitbucket
>>
>>38429489

Ignore this >>38429569 old faggot. If you've got an iPhone, the app Strong (icon is just black with a blue and white barbell, minimal) is insanely clean and useful. Free to download then like $3 after you try if you wanna fully unlock it. Easily my most used app and the best purchase I've made for lifting.
>>
Which one is better for shoulders? OHP or Shoulder Press Machine?

Also, if I can still feel my DOMs for my next session, should I still workout or wait til it's completely gone?
>>
>>38427463

What's better (safety wise) spring collar or screw collar for dumbells ?
>>
>>38427677
Faster muscle recovery. Ever see those athletes take an ice bath after an intense workout/game? Same thing goes.
>>
File: vitamins1.jpg (1MB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
vitamins1.jpg
1MB, 4288x2848px
When is it best to take your vitamins or does it not matter at all?

Before a work out? After?
In the morning on an empty stomach before breakfast? After a meal?
Before or after a protein shake?
>>
What is a good sleep supplement stack?
>>
Are hanging leg raises enough to work my abs?

I've never directly worked my abs, but I've started doing 3xF Hanging Leg Raises, usually supersetted with another exercise, every workout. So 6 times a week.
>>
>>38430096
Do you need to take vitamins? Either way, it doesn't matter when you take them if you need them.
>>
>>38427463
how's sushi?
there's this restaurant with japanese cuisine that I'd like to try but I've heard of cases where people that ate sushi had their bodies filled with worms
>>
>>38430231
Depends on if you live in a shithole or not desu.
>>
>>38430231
Sushi is delicious, relatively cheap, and good for you. Do it
>>
>>38430231

Yea it's pretty risky, would avoid anything with rice too, wouldn't want to die from arsenic poisoning either.
>>
>>38430255
live in a small city with a shit load of tourism
>>
Guys please help me, this isn't related but I have literally no where else to go for advice. A girl just took interest in me and I have no clue how to respond and how to talk to her
>>
Hey guys, need some advice here.
So I've been really focusing on getting fit for about half a year now, going to the gym, making good progress. Not quite where I want to be yet, still got a bit of a gut, but steady progress nonetheless. My problem is as follows.
I'm used to working out in the gym, using machines, weights etcetera. I've also been doing a bit of running, my current route is five miles. I do strength work in the gym every other day, run on the days off, and take Sunday as a rest day. So far that's worked for me.
My problem is, for the rest of the year and most of January, I'm going to be in the middle of nowhere, an hour's drive away from the nearest gym. How do you guys think substituting the strength training with a bodyweight routine and keeping the running the same would work? Would it work at all? If so, what kind of routine would you recommend?
Please help me out; I'd really like to reach my goals by next Summer.
I posted in the /bwg/ thread as well, but I'd like as much input as possible.
>>
>>38430312
Ask her out for coffee. Get coffee with her. Act like a normal person and dial down on the autism. If nothing else, it's good practice for the next time this happens.
>>
>>38430312
Ask her lots of questions about herself like what's her favorite color, what's her favorite animal, what's her favorite food, what's her favorite state flag, what's her favorite restaurant, etc.
>>
im 190lb right now. i wanna go down to 150lb. im average muscle wise. does cutting junk food and soda+ jogging on a treadmill for 1 hour a day cut it?
>>
>>38430335
I would love to do this but she goes to the same college as me and lives on my dorm floor. If I act the least bit autistic it's all ogre for the next year
>>
>>38430161
>please respond
>>
how do I get hungry after a workout? I've been bulking but I never feel that hungry. I get one helping of food and it doesn't seem like enough but I'm just not that hungry.
>>
File: takeoff.gif (361KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
takeoff.gif
361KB, 1920x1080px
>>38427463
Multivitamins (animal pak in my case) before or after a workout? Me no know.
>>
>>38430400
No it's really not. Speaking from experience, I can say that most people aren't as mean as your anxiety might make you think. Even if you completely sperg out on her as long as you don't do anything offensive she won't tell anybody. Plus, if she is into you, then even if you do actually sperg out if anything she'll probably find it "quirky".
I promise you dude, from experience, just take the plunge. It makes it easier in the future, and to be honest it'll probably go well.
>>
>>38430400
Don't you have any male friends? Treat her like one. Women are human beings, you know. They're not some fuckin Death Dealer 3000â„¢ that'll laser your dick off if you displease them. Have a laugh with her.
>>
>>38430448
>>38430442
Alright thanks for the wise words of encouragement. Wish me luck
>>
I am 6'2", was 220 lbs, cut down to 190lbs and look decently lean. I want to lean bulk but don't know when to stop cutting and start bulking. Any advice??
>>
How do you brace your core in compounds?

Is it just simply breathing with your gut so it sticks out and then kinda "flexing" the abs?
>>
All i feel is rage and i dont know why?it's starting to physically hurt. How do i get it to go away
>>
>>38430824
Touch her back and see what happens. Not in a sperg way like poking her, but similar to how she touches you.
>>
File: 1456329253781.jpg (417KB, 1917x1438px) Image search: [Google]
1456329253781.jpg
417KB, 1917x1438px
Does anyone else get a post lift high?

Sometimes after I really hard workout my hands shake and I feel really loose and insert fedora meme here Euphoric.

Is there a name for it? I've heard of a runners high but can lifters get it too?
>>
File: 1459034752625.jpg (1MB, 2304x1296px) Image search: [Google]
1459034752625.jpg
1MB, 2304x1296px
is cutting at around 1800cals too little for someone at 200lbs?
>>
>>38430816
that's how i did it. i flexed my core as if i was bracing for a punch.
>>
>>38428969
>tfw I'm a 5'8'' manlet

Not tall but thanks for the feedback, anon

any other feedback from others pls?
>>
How many days between Chest and Shoulder workouts /fit/?
>>
Rotator cuff exercises before or after my main workout
>>
What's some /fit/ tv shows or movies?

With aesthetic bodies, naked ladies, violence and blood

thinking of watching spartacus
>>
So I get to the end of my caloric day. 1456 on a cut. Finish the day and I'm still under on carbs and fats. Little fat, bunch a carbs.

Is it better to go over caloric to hit carbs and fat? Or stay under but neglect carbs and fat? (I always hit or go over protein so that's not a problem.
>>
>>38427665
it makes you hold water in better so you're gonna look a little pudgy-er than before taking it
>>
>>38431464
Narcos.
>>
>>38428357
all I can say is get jacked as FUARK to blend it in better (large traps/chest/arms/thighs)
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 232x197px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 232x197px
Why do my muscles start randomly flexing ?
I was going to sleep with my foot hanging off the bed and my a muscle in my foot flexed and it felt like someone was grabbing my foot. My triceps did it last week and as I typed this my quads just rappidly flexed.
Is this normal ?
Ive been lifting for like a month and Im a little worried.
>>
>>38428649
With (not every day)3 cups of coffee I probably add about a cup of milk to my daily diet. If you're the same you should be logging the milk; you'd be cheating yourself if you didn't.
>>
>>38428762
Change your eating schedule
>>
>>38431550
are you sure it's not just cramps?
>>
>>38429033
patent that shit
>>38430014
Most people advocate free weights over machines
So do I
>>
>>38430325
It would definitely keep you in athletic condition, but you certainly won't be mutant status(more towards otter mode) At least make sure you have access to pull-ups (you can also add weight to them with a loaded backpack etc.)
>>
File: Snapchat-3714114211258452757.jpg (619KB, 1440x2392px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-3714114211258452757.jpg
619KB, 1440x2392px
What is this thing circled? It doesn't bother me, but I'm just curious. It's only there when I flex my abs.
>>
>>38431711
cancer
>>
>>38431711
tumor
>>
2 questions

1. I work out every morning when I wake up and every night before I go to sleep or while I make dinner. Is that good, waste of effort, or bad?

2. my usual routine is 10 reps bicep curls, ohp, shrugs, standing flies, and reverse curls (with a lower weight than the first curls), then I rest for 3 minutes and repeat. Is that a good routine?
>>
>>38431612
I dont feel any pain or anything wrong.
>>
File: 082316 censor.jpg (2MB, 8004x3072px) Image search: [Google]
082316 censor.jpg
2MB, 8004x3072px
can this disgusting body be saved with lifting?
>>
>>38428814
sounds alright, but depends on the girl and if you follow her already.

if she was always bitchy, forget it but if she was kinda nice it might work out
>>
>>38430231
lmao don't believe that meme shit, the picture of the guy with worms was some farmer from some shithole country

sushi is good, but if you don't live somewhere with a decent(not chinese, ever) japanese population, or at least korean, don't bother.
>>
>>38430353
without making it seem like you're a robot that only asks questions.

women like talking about themselves and someone who will listen to their shit, but don't be boring. add some stuff about yourself, but keep it short because women love to talk, but don't really listen unless you're "super hotttttt"
>>
>>38431740
heavy Squat, Deadlift, OHP, Bench, Dips, Pull Ups and some random curl exercise

All anyone needs
>>
Hey /fit/, I leave for navy basic training in two months. I already work out (typical brosplit with some running) but I'm just wondering if there is any way you guys think I should change my training to breeze through basic.
>>
going to see a personal trainer thursday, what should i expect?

basically i'm wanting help trying to deepen/correct my squat, and maybe some form critique on my ohp/bench/deadlift.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 621x502px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 621x502px
I've been half adding fitness for too long. Bouncing between 170 and 210 pounds for years.

I want to maintain my 210 pound weight and put myself into overdrive.

What should my staple diet be?

So far it is chicken, tuna, oats, shredded wheat and bran, and milk. I eat a bag of spinach every day.
>>
File: 485986_1.jpg (61KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
485986_1.jpg
61KB, 630x630px
Are hexbar deads breddy good for quads?
>>
I'm in the DEP program to ship out for the military. I have a meeting/weigh in tomorrow. What can I do to make myself lighter and possibly thinner? (I already plan on doing stomach vacuums during the taping).

Also I'm not fat or lazy lel I'm just worried that since I've been taking a shit ton of whey/creatine and drinking like 2 gallons of water a day I'm ballooning with water weight or mass, will fuck up my measurements.
>>
>>38431732
the sticky has a lot of information about the basic stuff that could help you, i think

you're basically only working out select portions of your upper body, and ignoring the rest

you also don't need to work out that often, 3-4 times a week is enough time for the body to recover and go again
>>
Is it better to sqaut/bench press with a free bar? I've been using a smith machine since no one really uses it and I'm too much of a pussy to ask someone to spot me.
>>
File: workout.jpg (51KB, 798x582px) Image search: [Google]
workout.jpg
51KB, 798x582px
I'm new to /fit/. I'm a skinny fag and would like to get a bit more toned. Im a poorfag and cant afford to go to a gym or get any weights until i get a job so would pic related be good until i can. If not can anyone rec a good fullbody home workout
>>
>>38432095
don't need a spotter to squat, just good form and a power rack

as for your first question, yes generally

smith machines only allow a fixed bar path, and tend to put extra stress on your joints/ligaments/etc because your body isn't moving naturally
>>
>>38432113
post body. That workout looks bad, no progressive overload, legs and a lot of things. Someone post that bodyweight progression image
>>
As someone who is somewhat new to lifting, how important is pre workout for you guys? Is it a game changer, or perhaps a little boost? Do you take it every lifting day, or just when you're feeling like you will underperform?
>>
>>38432126
Cool thanks bro
>>
>>38428858
if it bothers u then run where there are less people? and no nothing is wrong they're just stupid
>>
File: Snapshot_20160824.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_20160824.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>>38432191
body pic
>>
I want to have healthy snacks in my dorm room for a multitude of reasons. I'm planning on having cheese squares and nuts. I also want to have fruit.

My problem is that I don't have reliable access to getting fruit every few days. I could minimum leave to go shopping once a week. What do?
>>
>>38431549
That's what I was thinking about having to do. I really can't imagine not being able to look the way I want, but maybe if I got really fucking juicy everywhere else it'd make up for it.
>>
I apparently walk really rigid. How can I stand and walk in a good, relaxed posture? Also, what should I do with my arms while I walk? I usually just stuff them into my pockets
>>
I see the number on the scale going down, but how do I know i'm losing fat?

I'm 211 currently after weighing around 290, but lately I swear i'm losing strength when weight lifting. today I did chest and stubbled with 30lb dumbbells on incline bench press when usually I do 40lb. I'm eating enough protein I believe, i eat around 1300-1600 calories a day give or take.

tldr; how do I lose fat?
>>
>>38431711

Is it hard and movable?
>>
What are some exercises for the tensor fasciae latae? Probably needing something more on the rehabilitive side. I'm already doing banded side leg raises and clamshells.
>>
File: 20160823_213009.jpg (298KB, 638x609px) Image search: [Google]
20160823_213009.jpg
298KB, 638x609px
>>38432510
Why fruits and not veggies?
You could just opt for fruit that lasts a big longer; apples, pears, bundle of bananas...maybe buy a couple watermelons or cantaloupe or something and wait to cut them half way through week.
>>
I'm currently doing candito's lp strength/hypertrophy routine and wanted to know, if I were to change monday to a rest day and sunday to a workout day would it affect my gains? I just started school and the schedule I got makes it hard to workout on mondays. For reference here is what I'm would normally do (sunday would replace monday in my new routine):

>Monday
Squat 3x6
Deadlift 2x6
Leg Press 3x10
Lying Leg Curl Machine 3x10

>Tuesday
Bench Press 3x6
Barbell Row 3x6
Ohp 2x6
Pull Up 3x6
Close Grip Bench Press 3x8
Incline Bench Press 3x8

>Thursday
Squat 5x8
Sumo Deadlift 3x8
Lying Leg Curl 3x12
Standing Calf Raise Machine 5x15
Leg Press 4x10
Seated Calf Raise Machine 4x12

>Friday
Dumbbell Bench Press 4x8
Incline Dumbbell Press 4x8
Dumbbell Row 4x8
Seated Dumbbell Press 3x10
Chin up 4x8
Ez Bar Curl 3x10
Lateral Dumbbell Raise 4x12
Shrugs 4x12
>>
How much does diet really matter ?
What separates a good diet from a bad diet ?
>>
>>38428013
You HAVE to read the sticky.
>>
>>38432683
that's all you can do
>>
>>38428460
offal, most likely
>>
>>38430384
read the sticky
>>
>>38431218
read the stcky
>>
>>38431493
Protein is the only target you need to hit.
>>
What do you guys use for chicken breast in my fitness pal for tracking? I get mine fresh so it doesn't come up.
>>
>>38432576
read the sticky
>>
Newfag summer dyel cancer here,

Homegym.
No cable machine.
Am I wasting my time if I'm improvising with resistance tubes to cable exercises?

I feel it where I need to feel it but I'm sure some anon has some kind of "eccentric/max resistance doesnt exist through whole ROM/stop being a faggot" kind of input for me.
>>
What's a good exercise to substitute for OHP? I can't do OHP because I got an elbow injury that limits my range of motion and I can't lower the bar to my chin.
>>
File: 1470801432871.jpg (60KB, 693x663px) Image search: [Google]
1470801432871.jpg
60KB, 693x663px
I haven't done any kind of work out in I'd say a year and I wanted to start back up again. I recently found out I have some arthritis in my knees, but I usually warm up with squats. I tried just doing 50 squats, and already my knees are feeling shit from it. I'm not very heavy, either, so I don't think it's my weight on them.

Are there any other methods to do leg day that won't put a ton of stress on my knees?
>>
So I've been working out one day, then resting every other day. Recently, I decided to work out 2 days in a row, 19th and 20th. I managed to do all that I wanted, rested on the 21st, worked out on the 22nd, but today(erm, yesturday), I really didn't have the strength or willpower to work out a second day in a row. Is this fine? I'm all for pushing myself, and this is my first defeat since march, but should I try to do work out days back to back and then rest? Or is one then rest the next fine?
>>
>>38433095
Are you able to bench press? If you are, you should be able to OHP. Check some form videos: your forearms should be vertical in front of your body at the start and end of the movement.
>>
>>38431740
Start bulking today, and you'll be sad that you didn't start earlier
>>
I need a good workout split prioritizing aesthetics over strength. Could you guys link a workout routine for this?
>>
>>38427702
If that's all you got, consider doing a bodyweight routine and using the dumbbells as accessory stuff.

>>38428013
What you HAVE to do is read the sticky. As for SS, programs like SS, SL and GSLP, etc build muscle fast and make you stronger. You don't HAVE to do them for 4 months or whatever, but don't whine about lack of gains if you don't make any progress on a shitty split or something. Canditos is a good routine if you aren't into wholebody.

>>38428180
Probably a freckle. If it grows into a larger dot, consider seeing a doctor or some shit. I ain't a medfag.

>>38428357
You could try building your chest and hoping it makes it less noticable. Barring that, I have no clue. Good luck though. I'm not gonna lie; you probably won't be competing in bodybuilding without roiding. But you can still look good to normalfags, and probably even the non-douchbags of /fit/.

>>38428649
Kinda depends. I mean, if the splash is under 100 cals, I wouldn't bother. That being said, I do some walking which I also don't track, which cancels out the sugar and milk. It's really your call, but we're talking only a hundred or two calories; that's something that won't effect you a huge amount, and it easy to balance out with cardio.

>>38428710
Define "healthy"? Because you are starting to sound like a normie. Sushi and chicken is awesome food.

>>38428814
You'd need to be verryyyyy careful not to come off as creepy and fucked up. Also, if you try it on two people who happen to know each other, you're fucked. Also if the girl posts pictures to her facebook for whatever reason "Look what cute guy/creeper/weirdo messaged me! Ugh/yay boys!" then a heap of your potential targets are now not gonna work.

That being said, I'm just a sperg on the internet. Having an eye candy insta profile itself is probably enough. You could always post an "I'm bored, like for an inbox" type thing and respond to the qt's.

>>38428858
Depends on the uni.
>>
Is keto worth doing, on a regular deficit im like ravenous hungry all the time.
>>
File: doms_stock_knee.jpg (31KB, 660x360px) Image search: [Google]
doms_stock_knee.jpg
31KB, 660x360px
Is it normal to feel really sore after first day of SS?
My legs, posterior chain, lats and chest are burning
>>
>>38433374
I can bench with a wide grip, the injury is called ulnar nerve subluxation and atm its harmless but I'm trying not to aggravate it. What happens is my ulnar nerve snaps over the bone in my elbow if stretched too far for unknown reasons. Because the ulnar nerve goes all the way through your arm and shoulder some exercises don't cause the snap. In the case of OHP the snap happens when the bar reaches my nose or eyes.
>>
>>38433575
Doms= training after not haven trained in a while / training your muscles differently than you usually have done

So yes
>>
>>38433575
Yes. Your body is reacting to eccentric (the downward portion of the lifts with the stretch at the bottom) loading that it hasn't adapted to. The soreness will go away within a few days to a week.
>>
>>38433649
>>38433670
Okay, thanks. But what should I do about my next session tomorrow? Overload or not?
>>
>>38433332
Wut? 50 bodyweight squats you mean?
It may very well be that you did them too fast or incorrectly.

Stiff legged deads don't pressure the knees atleast.

You're better off asking a sports physical therapist or an Olympic coach or something like that.
>>
>>38433672
Stiffness normally goes away after simply moving. So you decide.
>>
Is carb cycling a meme?
>>
>>38433704
Thanks, mate. Will try
>>
>>38427909
Triceps/chest dips with proper form
>>
>>38428477
I'll give you 3 months.
>>
File: 1455318773040.jpg (7KB, 215x235px) Image search: [Google]
1455318773040.jpg
7KB, 215x235px
* What is the most effective for weightloss; 3 days a week or 5?

* If 5, how can i turn a program like Greyskulls into 5?

* If 3, what are you supposedto do in those days off? Nothing? Can i practice my Judo(everyday) and Muaythai(three times a week) the same way?
>>
I'm having surgery on my shoulder. I'll have to wear a sling for six weeks and will be absolutely forbidden from doing ANYTHING with that arm for that long. How the fuck do I minimise muscle loss? I'll obviously be trying to do exercises that don't involve the shoulder/arm, but fuck. Six weeks of not only no exercise but no movement? This is going to be hell. What do I do?
>>
>>38433921
The most effective thing for weightloss is eating less, No amount of exercise will help you if you eat like shit.
>>
what the in the goddamn nigger fucking hell is "programming" I keep hearing people talk about it in passing but no amount of googling has yielded it's meaning
>>
I am starting to sweat profusely when doing daily normal stuff like walking to the grocery store or walking up some stairs. Is this a sign of over work? I do full body calisthenics 2 hours 4 times a week. Recently bumped it up to 4 from 3 times because Olympics inspired me to work harder.
>>
>>38433921

just eat under maintenance 7 days a week. Your a novice so a 3 day program is what your going to do, a 5 day would be unnecessary for weight loss alone.
>>
>>38427463
My workouts last forever. Especially when I do my biceps and triceps because they never get tired. I can do endless sets at high weights. How do I make my workouts shorter?
>>
Does walking alot give you lower limb gainz?
>>
>>38433967
I got my diet from a Nutritionist specialized in sports. It's mainly things you find on the /fit/ guide. But still, is there an easy way to calculate calories on a wholemeal? As in, dishes.
>>38433987
I also want to build the best strenght i can to help with martial arts. With that in mind, 3 or 5?

Also, Is GreySkulls a good program for a beginner?
>>
I work at UPS.I'd estimate I end of picking up around 6,000 packages per shift. Roughly half of it ends up going over my head. Should I just eat at bmr-whatever deficit or can I count this as some sort of bs exercise? I'd like to lose maybe 15lbs, but always end up feel like shit eating around 1500 calories a day. Been stuck at 185 forever. Belly button to ass is pretty much where all the weight is and really want to get serious about losing it and bulking up a little. I look quite a bit bigger/better than people my height and weight when I browse progress pictures so I guess years of picking up boxes has done something.
>>
I am 173cm
26 years old male and weigh 74kg with 26%bf.
I am diagnosed with depression and I have no motivation to do almost anything.
I have just the power to leave my bed and go to the doc in a bit to get a referral to a psychiatrist.
I am lifting weights, it helps for a hour and then I feel empty and without a drive again.

My plan is to find the right med and then the right psychiatrist and then try to pass my college tests and then to work on moving more and eat better.
But I have no motivation at all, no desire to excel anymore.
I am more or less thinking about nothing.

Anything I might be able to do in this state?
>>
Chest hurt a bit on Moday's C25K

Chest hurts more after my session today (Wednesday).

I started up W3 after a couple weeks of nothing because I'm a shit. I'm very obese, 5'8" and 220 pounds. Am I gonna die
>>
>>38434221

Yeah greyskull is a good starter program yes, just do 3 days. You can do a program that includes 5 when your more advanced.
>>
What sort of program should I do if I care about size only and not strength?
>>
>>38434116
Lift more weights at lower reps? Has this thought not occurred to you?
>>
>>38434379
I would not recommend C25K if you're obese. It can fuck up your legs since you're putting more pressure on the bones and joints.

Wait until you're lighter for that. For now just focus on eating right and losing weight.
>>
>>38434169
bumping for this
>>
>>38427854
Chewing gum
>>
>>38434449
Going heavier hurts my wrists. what to do?
>>
I want to loose weight, is 1 hour of cardio instead of 1/2 overkill?

Also, i go 5 days a week
Monday arms
Tuesday back
Wednesday chest
Thursday leg
But i have no idea what to do on friday's, should i do all around?
>>
File: received_1803040726581613.jpg (268KB, 2048x1198px) Image search: [Google]
received_1803040726581613.jpg
268KB, 2048x1198px
Rate my meal prep? Could I add or substitute anything - so far been able to stay on this set up for me to cut.
>>
>>38434613
Breakfast: greek yogurt, blueberry, uncooked rolled oats anda banana (vitamin and omega3 tablet)

Lunch: Tinned tuna on 4 vita crisp biscuits.

Dinner: Chicken minced with mashed steamed sweet potato.

Snack: cottage cheese with a banana.
>>
>>38434594

Focus on making a caloric deficit through diet, its easier and is more assured since you'll know how much you're eating instead of relying on the machine to guess how much you burned. 1 hour isn't overkill but might not be very efficient.

Try to hit each muscle group 2x a week, you'll work tri's and bi's on chest and back day respectively, so chest, legs, back, off, repeat.
>>
Any recommendations for a 5ft or 6ft olympic bar available in the UK

Looking to spend around £60
>>
what do you guys put in your oats?
I've been chopping up a banana and 10g of dark chocolate for a while now, want to try something new.
(allergic to basically any kind of nuts btw)
>>
File: jiseung-hong-hand-gripper.jpg (105KB, 450x602px) Image search: [Google]
jiseung-hong-hand-gripper.jpg
105KB, 450x602px
Anyone here tried Myprotein - Impact Whey Protein?
There is a discount here on 5kg bags so i might get one or two...
>>
>>38434877

i buy the unflavoured cos i'm cheap,mixes well in a shaker.

recommended
>>
>>38434877
tried strawberry cream and vanilla. both good.
>>
should I do 1 less set per exercise when cutting?
>>
>>38434899
>>38434906

Thaks guys!
>>
I can squat 3 1/2 plate for one rep
I can diddly 3 plates for like 10 reps
I can overhead press 75kg for a rep

but I can't press 2pl8 on a bench and I can't even get 4plates off the ground when I'm deadlifting.

why am i quite strong in some respects and weak in others
>>
>>38434923
why?

You should always do as much as your body can take.
>>
>>38434934
I thought you were meant to reduce volume?
>>
>>38434947
You may need to, since you will have less energy, but it's not just a 'do x' thing. Keep doing the same volume, and if you need to drop the volume, then drop some, but don't drop too much or you'll just sabotage yourself.
>>
>>38434967
ok thank you
>>
How do you hung up niggers with battle ropes?
>>
got a legit question here. would it be appropriate for me to exchange stiff leg deadlifts for sumo deadlifts. i am using conventional deadlifts for heavy singles, doubles and triples and i am looking for a good deadlift alt for higher volume rep sets, i'm talking like 8-12 reps. and yes, of course i would be doing them at a lower weight than my standard deads. i've had lower back problems and i've been rehabbing with back extensions and mobility work but stuff like romanian deadlifts and stiff leg deadlifts have always been a problem.
>>
hi /fit/, I'm just starting to work out, so sorry if this sounds stupid

when I'm doing x sets of y reps, and I'm supposed not to change the weights between sets, either my first sets are piss easy, or i consistently fail to complete the last sets.
which should i prefer?
>>
>>38435070

Because you are just starting use the same weights and focus on form.
>>
What periodization would you recommend for main lifts in upper lower split?
>>
I'm doing a hybrid workout 7 days a week and scooby says that I should be eating about 1900 a day. Thing is it's really just 3 days of lifting and cardio while the other days are 45 min of running/jogging. Do I really need to eat that much on the just running days? Or can I just do the lifting/cardio days and eat what I would normally eat which is about 1300? Can post more info if needed.
>>
>>38435257
eat as much as you can to lose the amount of weight you want to lose, ideally 1lb per week, if you eat too little you will lose muscle
>>
File: IMG_0327[1].jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0327[1].jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>38427463
>mfw the smallest rung on my belt is almost too loose for me now
>mfw i have to do squats in my underwear now

should i keep buying clothes or just wear baggy shit (dropped from around a 5xl to 3xl in shirts, already bought a few new ones. Probably only one size in pants so far) for the next couple of weeks/months?
guess i can always just buy kmart shit

10kg down so far, I want to lose around another 25-30kg to get to the 100 mark
>>
Dips and Chinups
Should I go to failure or add weight once I can do 10?
Can do 3x10 dips and 6-5-5 neutral grip chinups
>>
what exercises do you guys do at work? I'm getting my first 9-5 type job soon and dont wanna lose out on gains during the day
>>
>>38435632
if you get one of those tables that you can adjust to stand it you can do a fair bit
>>
Fuck power cleans.

It is literally impossible for me to do a power clean without breaking either my wrists or my collar bone.
Every other exercise, if i add more weight, the worst that happens is i simply can't lift it. There is no pain involved.
For power cleans adding more weight just means more pain regardless of what i try.
I've spent days looking at videos and trying different grips and techniques at home, nothing works.
I'm very skinny, with almost no front deltoids, and i guess i have overly long hands so there is no way i can rack the bar up.

What am i supposed to do instead of power cleans for SS?
>>
>>38428477
I am half convinced your a woman
>>
>>38435719
you alt them with power snatches on the texas method. for ss you have to do power cleans. just decrease the weight, really break down your form, the power clean is a multi-stage explosive olympic lift. it's technique over everything else. tone the weight down and just the drill the lift.
>>
>cutting
>feel very weak
>even walking around is heavy
>don't think I even have energy too lift

does this mean I'm cutting too much? should I eat a bit more?
>>
>>38433826
i've seen videos and and pages that tried to explain that there is no good form for dips. i don't really know what to believe and certainly don't want to risk trying it on the longer term. what can you say about that ?
>>
>>38435198

that will depend on your level of development.

look in youtube for eric helms periodization videos
>>
>>38435816
>just decrease the weight
I get wrist pain with just the 10kg bar (not the olympic bar, the lighter 10kg bar), no weights.
>really break down your form
I've tried everything short of motion capturing my limbs to visualize in 3D how my form looks.
The problem is i can't rack the bar up. It either has to hit/rest on my collarbone/chest or i have to bend my wrists back at like 30 degree angle.
Unracking it is also a huge problem since i have to lift it upwards with a slight jump, push it forward with my shoulders while its in air so it goes above the wrist and than down.
If i don't lift it enough so it doesn't go above the wrist and forward, enough weight dropping down will break both my wrists.

Also i just tried power snatches, they feel much MUCH better. Similar to standing military press.
The problem is i can get more weight up to my neck level than i can from the neck level up to complete the power snatch, but i guess that will change with practice.
>>
>>38435878

i completely agree.

I bought a body solid dip stand to work my chest without a bench.

After dozen sessions paying close attention to form, my shoulders are hurting.

I'm selling the dip stand and sticking to floor presses.

i had no shoulder problems before trying dips.

They're not worth the hassle.
>>
Olympic bars.

Are the cheap ones with a 32mm grip diameter worth it?

Or should I pay a little more and get a 28mm grip?
>>
>>38435924
you might be having wrist mobility issues then. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKLVlYt2Ioc
check out this video on stretches for the front squat. this really helped me out when i was going through. plus i did a SS naughty and did some accessories for training in the power clean like heavy push presses, clean pulls and front squats.
>>
>>38435973
Here in the video the wrist bends at 90 degrees.
I need to bend it to less than 45 degrees in order to rack the bar up as shown.
>>
>Used to eat shit food, McDonalds, KFC. The more cheese, butter and meat, the better it was for me.
>27 years old, but my body is aging much faster than my age.
>Body shape: skinny fat
>Now I want to eat clean food / lose some fat.
>Living alone
>Not sure what to cook? what to buy?
>Full time job + overtime :'(

So, where can I get pre-planned meals that I can just cook and eat without thinking?
For example:
Day 1:
Breakfast, 1 egg, 1 bread, glass of milk. Lunch: 1 piece of meat.

Day 2:
Breakfast: Honey.. etc etc

Anything can help. Thanks!
>>
>>38432709
I tend to get vegetables from the meals served at my dining hall. Their fruit, however, is such poor quality that I don't eat it. So, I'm looking to add more balance to my diet.
>>
File: 1459885633589.jpg (38KB, 460x447px) Image search: [Google]
1459885633589.jpg
38KB, 460x447px
Reality crashed in, and I found out that despite being relatively tall and weighing 194lbs, I was nothing but a weakling skinny fat. For illustration, I wasn't able to complete a single chin-up and I was benching 88lbs (yep) for 8 reps only.

After four months of barbell training (GSLP) and some diet changes, I'm now benching 160x5 and am able to perform 4 chin-ups, but honestly, that's still too weak.

Finally, the question: I'm being able to progress on every compound lift and exercise, except the bench press (stalled at 160x5) and chin ups (can't get past four reps). I reckon that if I increase my calorie intake, my bench will improve, but my chin-ups will suffer. If I lose weight, chin-ups improve, but bench suffers.

So, what to do now? I haven't considered switching to an intermediate routine because I've only stalled on the bench and chin-ups, I'm still able to squeeze linear progress on everything else.
>>
>>38436089
Eat what you like as long as you count your macros and calories.
You can eat one big mac every day if you keep other foods during the day low fat.
>>
File: 1353952629190.png (33KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1353952629190.png
33KB, 1000x1000px
Anyone have a weightlifting shoes guide?
>>
>>38433971
Programming: "The designing, scheduling, or planning of a program"
wow so hard anon, good luck in life
>>
>>38434579
what exercises hurts your wrist?
>>
>>38435958
>Are the cheap ones with a 32mm grip diameter worth it?
>Or should I pay a little more and get a 28mm grip?

pay more. 32mm bars are shitty to lift with because they're harder to grip, have less whip, and seem to get bent easier. get a needle bearing bar if you can.
>>
>>38436188
the caloric surplus will make your strength gains on chins increase too, unless you go full retard with diet. If you up your cals you'll probably still be able to progress on chins, or the strength vs. weight gain will be equal and you'll be stuck on 4 reps for a while (which means you are getting stronger since you're chinning more bodyweight).
>>
I've started having pains in my shoulder blade when squatting. When I squeeze my shoulder blades together the meat along the inner side of my left shoulder blade hurts, like the muscle that is pressed into the right one. Any idea what this is and how I fix it?
>>
>>38436375

Thought as much, cheers.

My standard bar is 25mm and nice to grip.

My trapbar is 28mm and noticeably thicker.

32mm must be really thick.

I'm half tempted to get a womans oly bar for the 25mm grip.
>>
>>38436588
fwiw i also find 28mm bars easier to squat with because they sit on my traps easier.
>>
File: homer7.jpg (16KB, 235x244px) Image search: [Google]
homer7.jpg
16KB, 235x244px
Are there any fitness guides for people who don't leave their homes, and don't have any exercise implements? Something like that Charles Bronson booklet
>>
>>38436642
>>38419355 ask here
>>
>>38436604

good point made there.

I'll be doing front squats with mine so the 28mm over 25mm should be easier.
>>
>FATTY FAT FUCK FUCK 5"6 at 253lbs/115kg
>Every few time I work out, can't stop sweating all day and I gain 2kg the next day, takes me a week to lose 1kg of the weight gained

Either its water retention or some shit, but I'm taking 1000mg of guarana and 900mg green tea extract
Question is, I think I'm gonna need to start taking a fat burner.
Should I go for cortisol blockers, thermos or thyroid regulators?
>>
>>38436722
Or even carb blockers. I dont know.
My diet isn't exactly strict on *what* I eat yet, just how much. (1200 calories a day)
>>
>>38436747

Are you absolutely sure you're on 1200 per day.

If you are only on 1200 the weight would be dropping off you.
>>
>>38436794
last week and the week before I fucked myself a little, but I never went over my maintenance calories. Always at a deficit. Not doing it anymore though.
It's worth noting I've been on this diet for 3 months. Lost 13kg since.
>>
>>38436190
But my skin, under my eyes, my hair.. all are looking super unhealthy
That's why I want cleaner food, not just fat loss :(
>>
It's not that I want to die, I'm just not sure I want to keep on living. Wat do?
>>
I'm cutting, is there any downsides to chewing gum?
>>
>>38436932
drugs
>>
>>38436936

Chewing starts your digestion process, so it might make you feel hungrier.

Your stomach could fill up with stomach acid, expecting food that never turns up. Leading to ulcers in the long term.
>>
>>38436260
pls respond
>>
>>38436977
i've been sinking a fair few caffeine pills and ciggies (prob should stop) to deal with hunger, as well as breathing water
>>
What does Ax Bx Cxx mean in reference to a routine such as texas method?
>>
>>38437153

A B C are the workouts

x xx are the days rest between the workout

In your example

Monday : workout A
Tuesday : rest
Wednesday : Workout B
Thursday : rest
Friday : workout C
Saturday : rest
Sunday : rest
>>
>>38437175
thanks! so in texas method, for example, would A always be monday?
>>
okay maybe i should rephrase this
Which type of fat burner should I use for which purpose and situation?
Thyroid
Thermo
Carb blocker
Cortisol blocker
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (139KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
139KB, 1920x1080px
What's an estimate of his body fat percentage? Pic related.
>>
File: Lasse Matberg.jpg (105KB, 634x629px) Image search: [Google]
Lasse Matberg.jpg
105KB, 634x629px
>>38427463
Should I do SS or a PPLPPLx program?

Goals:
>look like I lift while wearing clothes
>feel better
>stronger would be good, but not critical

Current status:
>newbie lifter
>overweight

I'm also planning to do cardio in addition to whatever weight program I do.

Pic is pretty much my longterm goal
>>
File: lmao.png (829KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.png
829KB, 640x1136px
I want to start my cut on september 1st as that should give me adequate time to get lean before summer(ausfag). I'm currently 6ft 175lbs, probably sitting at around 15-16% body fat and have been lifting for about a year now. Realistically assuming i kept to a 500 calorie deficit and did frequent cardio, to what body fat percentage could i expect to reach by november?

This is my first cut as ive pretty much been on a permabulk from 150lbs since i started lifting.

>pic is me a few months ago, a bit fatter now but not much
>>
>>38427463
For a basic minimal at home routine can I get away with:

HSPU
Chin Ups
Pistols
GHR

Not worried about aesthetics much, more so the lack of horizontal pulling/pulling and the potential for imbalances, if so would a band pull apart be a worthy addition?
>>
>>38437194
you should try eating less
>>
not sure where to post this but here I go
im 19, 165cm tall and i would like to get some cms
im not sure its still possible, but i'll do what i can if it helps

>what should i eat ?
>any exercise that i should/shouldn't do ?
>i heared sleeping a lot helps, how much is too much ?
>>
>>38437467
also
>is it a good idea to eat a lot/burn a lot of kcal daily ?
>>
>>38437188

It will be same day of the week each time.

Depending on what day you start the program.

It's normally Monday so people rest 2x days over the weekend.

But you could start it any day you like.
>>
>>38437360

exactly.

I'd only consider fat burners if I wanted to cut lower than 8-10%
>>
Any recommendations for a budget oly barbell?

In the UK there's strength shops 2028 for £99 or their bastard bar for £180.

I want a 28mm grip.
>>
why does coffee make me shit immediately when my lips touch the coffee?
>>
How do I properly throw a football/handegg ?

sometimes it goes well others don't, I throw it and try to add a spin with my fingers while the ball is already leaving my hands
>>
File: pineapple.jpg (26KB, 700x448px) Image search: [Google]
pineapple.jpg
26KB, 700x448px
is it true that pinnaple will make my cum taste better?
>>
>>38437353
n e 1
>>
>>38437591
Yes.
>>
>>38437353
first get calipers and check your bf%, set a goal, and see how close you get. i doubt youre 15-16% at this point but i could be wrong. shoot for 12%
>>
>>38437628

you'll be 11.56897% by November
>>
>>38437591
Heard so

how much pineapple should I eat?
does eating meat fuck it up? I eat red meat like once or twice a week

need help bros, gf is fine with cumming on her mouth and swalloingif it doesnt taste god awful
>>
>first week working out
>shoulder day
>start with 3x12 shoulder presses with 15lbs
>completely exhausted, sweating all over and can't raise my arms
>went home
I have stupid weak shoulders. How do I progress if I can't even finish a single workout? Should I try with less weight/reps? Do you have any tips for my kind of situation? Help bros.
>>
>>38437652
thanks man, planning on getting my bf properly checked this week, would you say im more or less than 16%?
>>
>>38433353
>working out
define it
>>
>>38433536
try it. greater satiety for me.
>>
>>38437686

You did too much on your shoulders, you need to ease into it.
>>
>>38434169
no
>>
Just started lifting and working out, sitting around 205 and plan to get back down to 170ish. Should I start taking protein shakes or hold off until I've lost some weight first? Also, is there any way to soothe sore muscles two days after work out or just suck it up and work through the soreness?
>>
>>38434374
meditate
>>
>>38437733
Even more? I mean the sheet with the routine they gave me had shoulder presses, front raises, lateral raises and bent over lateral raises all at 3x12. I just did 1/4 of the workout and wanted to die.
>>
File: Hypertrophy-Strength-Rep-Ranges.png (42KB, 1008x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Hypertrophy-Strength-Rep-Ranges.png
42KB, 1008x1008px
>>38434389
>>
>>38437762
yes, and add glucose to post workout proton
>>
>>38437686
You'll get through that phase. I'd reccommend not doing lews than that.
>>
>>38435468
Add weight once you can do 10 reps at once, assuming you are going for hypertrophy and not endurance.
>>
>>38435874
depends on your deficit
>>
>>38437776
3x5 master race confirmed
>>
>>38435878
IANAD but elbows close to body and barely above shoulders at bottom has worked for me.
>>
>>38437807
Lews? You mean not doing less weight? Also this is the full workout >>38437773
>>
>>38437773

Who gave you it?

It's probably a routine completely unsuitable for your level of experience and development
>>
File: Confused bleck.png (88KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
Confused bleck.png
88KB, 300x256px
>>38437012
>breathing water
>>
>>38437866
The trainer guy who makes the routines for all new customers. I thought it would be an easy workout and not being able to finish it really fucked with my ego. 15lbs should be nothing for a guy.
>>
>>38437781
Alright, will a banana have enough glucose or should I buy a powder or gummy form?
>>
>>38437571
>exhaled hard through nose at this mental picture
>>
Need a basic routine for women. Is light weight 3x8 routine gonna do it?

Taking girlfriend to the gym tonight.
She asked for help cause she is feeling chubby and wants to lose weight.
Told her to diet or work out. She is being more careful about food but wants to work out.
I told her in a gentle way that if I'm helping her and she doesn't put in any work, that'll I'll drop her like a brick.
>>
>>38437891

Stop beating yourself up over it.

The overhead press is a tough exercise because we never normally lift anything overhead.
>>
>>38433955
pls respond, I'm scared
>>
>>38437909
Here's what I worked for my gf. I prepped her with a bw routine for two months.
>burpees
>dips
>pushups
>crunches
>squats
>running
Four weeks just bw and weighted versions of the exercises for the other four. It's her 5th month now and she's doing sl5x5 with great results, gradually upping the weight. I hope this helps.
>>
>>38437571
Lol. Coffee makes everyone shit. As for why it happens immediatel.., dunno maybe it's like why you have to piss x10 worse the second you enter a bathroom
>>
>>38437934
I hope I get better because this was really demotivating. There were girls and old people doing more weight than me.
>>
File: 20160824_124337.jpg (576KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160824_124337.jpg
576KB, 1920x1080px
After 3 months of lifting my chest finally started to grow.

How do i close this fucking V shaped gap?

Pls help /fit.
>>
>>38438239
You don't. Sorry anon
>>
File: 1471590382806.png (307KB, 815x608px) Image search: [Google]
1471590382806.png
307KB, 815x608px
If I ate just junk food but still worked out and ate under my TDEE, would I still lose weight and bf%?
>>
>>38438198

nobody gives a stuff how much weight other people are lifting
>>
>>38438239

You can't get rid of it, just keep lifting
>>
>>38437496
thanks!
>>
File: 1431146388118.jpg (71KB, 600x656px) Image search: [Google]
1431146388118.jpg
71KB, 600x656px
I have a question about gains. Let's say a friend of mine gets up to 100 kg on his squat (for 5). Then, he doesn't go to the gym for a while, and when he gets back to the gym, he can only do 80 kg for 5. Will he progress faster while he's making up gains that he's lost, or will it still take more or less the same amount of effort to go from 80 to 100 again, as it did when he originally went from 80 to 100? t. regards my friend.
>>
File: 1444929352314.jpg (284KB, 2000x1839px) Image search: [Google]
1444929352314.jpg
284KB, 2000x1839px
How come I get queasy when I go to the gym less than 2 hours after I last ate?

It seems extremely inconvenient right now.
>>
When I'm doing heavy squats, on the last rep of the later sets, I'll occasionally get a brief second of light headedness and my vision will start to tunnel. It is just for a second tho when going up. As soon as Im all the way up its fine and I rerack the weight.
It hasnt effected my progress or form.
Just a little concerned.... am i not breathing enough? I take huge breaths in my stomach and just squeeze it as hard as I can before each rep then exhale on the way up.

>inb4 brain damaged
>>
File: 1452591679698.jpg (264KB, 1008x1395px) Image search: [Google]
1452591679698.jpg
264KB, 1008x1395px
>>38427463
If my end goal is to look like someone from Free, and I'm already skinnyfit, would doing this at less of a deficit, with cardio help me reach that goal?
>>
Does having slender, girly hands have any negative effect on lifting?

Does having big, meat tenderizers have any positive effect on lifting?
>>
My university has Krav Maga and Brazilian Jiu-jitsu clubs, and I feel like trying something new since I wasn't as involved in my school last year. I just want to learn how to fight and how to hold my own.
Which would be more beneficial to learn? Or is either worth my time?
>>
>>38439123
Bigger hands have better grip because their thumbs overlap their fingers more. Smaller hands will struggle holding thicker bars. For pullups and shit you can just go thimbles if it's way too thick of a bar. For barbells you're gonna need to compensate with strength

Sifter skin might hurt or rear easier if the bar rolls in your hands, particularly grooved ones.
>>
>>38434634
hope you don't get sick of it
>>
>>38434877
flavors vary from person to person. Only ones I know that are universally disliked are Cookies and Cream, any lemon flavor, and some of the weird flavors.

I tried these:

>Strawberry Cream
Chemically-tasting strawberry. Tastes fucking horrible in milk, drinkable in water. Would not recommend.

>Chocolate Caramel
Mildly chocolately. No caramely flavor whatsoever

>Vanilla & Raspberry
You can taste the vanilla. Not so much on the Raspberry. Mixes really poorly for whatever reason.

this anon >>38434906 liked the strawberry cream. I love strawberry but jesus christ it tasted like pure chemicals.
>>
>>38435362
why don't you just buy some gym shorts? They're usually cheap and have stretchy waistbands.
>>
>>38435874
Height/weight/gender/diet
>>
File: 1471612219165.png (172KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1471612219165.png
172KB, 768x768px
>>38438267
Please respond
>>
>>38439554
Probably but you would be miserable.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/
>>
>>38439608
Im miserable anyway

Thanks
>>
Is it normal to get a gut while bulking?
>>
nearing the end of 3 months running SL (5'7, ~165 lbs) and my current stats are:

240 squat
250 deadlift
135 bench
100 ohp

my squat feels like it's getting a tougher to do and I can't put 5 lbs on the bar every session any more, but I can after 3 workouts. When my ohp/dl/bp get to this point, should I continue the program progressing weekly until I hit 1/2/3/4 or move to an intermediate strength routine?

also this is a ways to go, but what would be a good time to switch to hypertrophy if I wanted to? I was thinking of running PHUL after hitting 1/2/3/4, it looks like a good routine to transition with since it has the power and hypertrophy days.
>>
If I'm skinnyfat, should I cut the fat away first, or is it okay to bulk and cut later?
>>
File: 234.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
234.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
I am fatass and i am cutting for a couple of month now at a 1000cal def. I am also doing stronglifts. I lost 23.2kg so far.

Bench 80kg
OHP 60kg
DL 80kg

can't squad because of bad knees.

It's noticable that I lost weight fitting into smaller pants and my face got slimmer.

But i still look like i didn't lose that much weight.

My questions:

Is that an indication that i am not losing that much muscle? Is this good bad? I don't know how to interpret that?!

I wanna lose more weight, to what point should i cut?
>>
>>38439904
Bulk first to build muscle, then cut to see the muscle

If you just wanna be skinny skinny not ottermode then just cut
>>
>>38440075
Okay, thanks.
>>
>>38440129
To be honest, just eat decent food at a cut and do pushups. Legitimately that'll be the fastest way to get the standard 'goal' body. Maybe walk everywhere or do cardio if you want it to go faster. Depends how big you are now but it really doesnt take long. Few months at max.
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.